Spicer D60 hub lockout reproductions... why has nobody done this yet? - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2010, 07:15 PM   #76 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 121019
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWestFab View Post
Nice Edit.

You really have that much of a vendetta that we missed your email? Pick up the phone and call, otherwise you have no idea if we've seen your inquiry and then I can actually help.

You can buy parts from whomever you want, and my involvment after hours on working on hubs is irrelevant.
FACT!!! I learned a long time ago, emails can only take you so far.... especially with a business... how many emails do you sort through everyday just for yourself.... now imagine owning a business

If you want to get a hold of someone, just pick up the phone!

funk_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:25 PM   #77 (permalink)

Member # 150595
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersize75k5 View Post
Fellow canadaian that cant return a simple email..make that several and one on here.

Nice to see all your activity on this thread Kyle.

Id be happy to prepay for up to two sets just to get another vendor to get these to market before NWF now.
Kyle always answers his phone.

Don't worry about this supersize75k5 guy. He was a troll in a few other threads including, 4 wheel air ride. Nothing but a dumb ass, that's probably still living in his momma's house.

Go read the other threads he has posted in. Thinks he knows his shit, but don't even own a rig, or have a build thread.

Nat

Last edited by nat_ster; 10-27-2010 at 07:26 PM.
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2010, 07:32 PM   #78 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 29341
Quote:
Nice Edit.

You really have that much of a vendetta that we missed your email? Pick up the phone and call, otherwise you have no idea if we've seen your inquiry and then I can actually help.

You can buy parts from whomever you want, and my involvement after hours on working on hubs is irrelevant.

My original post was at 6:04 and my edit was at 6:06 not after your reply.

My issue is your service sucked when I ordered the parts originally, parts were missing..so product sucked. Then the cables broke after assembly and I discovered that several months ago and have been patient trying to get a hold of you since.

I have called btw, I have sent more than one email and I have sent a pm to you.. on here, just yesterday. I am also fully aware that you had some bad cables, and I'm understanding of that, I'm simply trying to get the new ones.

I'm not even demanding or asking for free replacement shifter cables, Id be happy to pay for them if I have to.

I run a small business, I send and receive plenty or emails with out issue .
You seriously have a broken link in your chain and after this much time of being in business it is by choice.

Ill be happy if you do bring these hubs to market, but id be happier if someone else did however as your level of service to myself and others scares me off.

Ill pm you my phone number, you can call me when you are free as it seems you are to busy otherwise. You can take my cash for some cables or send me some as replacements for the failures.

I really do like your products, either way I just want to shift my t-case with out the use of a hammer or prybar.

-shawn
supersize75k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:34 PM   #79 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 29341
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_ster View Post
Kyle always answers his phone.

Don't worry about this supersize75k5 guy. He was a troll in a few other threads including, 4 wheel air ride. Nothing but a dumb ass, that's probably still living in his momma's house.

Go read the other threads he has posted in. Thinks he knows his shit, but don't even own a rig, or have a build thread.

Nat

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:42 PM   #80 (permalink)

Member # 150595
Blaw blaw blaw. Take this shit to the vendor depute section. Stop hijacking a good thread.

Nat
Old 10-27-2010, 07:45 PM   #81 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 9835
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersize75k5 View Post
My original post was at 6:04 and my edit was at 6:06 not after your reply.

My issue is your service sucked when I ordered the parts originally, parts were missing..so product sucked. Then the cables broke after assembly and I discovered that several months ago and have been patient trying to get a hold of you since.

I have called btw, I have sent more than one email and I have sent a pm to you.. on here, just yesterday. I am also fully aware that you had some bad cables, and I'm understanding of that, I'm simply trying to get the new ones.

I'm not even demanding or asking for free replacement shifter cables, Id be happy to pay for them if I have to.

I run a small business, I send and receive plenty or emails with out issue .
You seriously have a broken link in your chain and after this much time of being in business it is by choice.

Ill be happy if you do bring these hubs to market, but id be happier if someone else did however as your level of service to myself and others scares me off.

Ill pm you my phone number, you can call me when you are free as it seems you are to busy otherwise. You can take my cash for some cables or send me some as replacements for the failures.

I really do like your products, either way I just want to shift my t-case with out the use of a hammer or prybar.

-shawn
Your a cunt for trying to derail a good thread with bullshit that doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand. Go fuck yourself
ChiScouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:50 PM   #82 (permalink)

Member # 98896
This guy runs a business? whats the name so i can be sure to avoid dealing with it? Ever think maybe you dont know how to click the send button? or some sort of connection fail during the send? shit happens, learn to cope.
4xBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #83 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 29341
Not trying to derail shit, if people really feel that way then stop adding to it.

A reply from kyle was fine, everyone else can opt out.

As others have stated id be happy to preorder, not just one set, but two sets from a vendor trying to bring these to market.

The only difference in my reply is that I do not want to order them from Kyle and I bitched as well about why. Im all for someone bringing these to market and soon.

-Shawn

EDIT

I did receive a call today from NWF and was happy to place a order for the replacement cables.

carry on.

Last edited by supersize75k5; 10-28-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:29 PM   #84 (permalink)

Member # 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95geo View Post
I was referring to the Dana 60 style lockouts, not the HD44 models that the dynalocks are modeled after. In the 60 style the spring has no effect on the wear of the center slug to the spindle.
Thanks for the pic
Old 10-28-2010, 04:28 PM   #85 (permalink)

Member # 135453
supersize75k5, thanks for ruining a good thread. Explain what exactly your dispute has to do with Spicer hubs.

Back to the tech. It would be nice to see a Stage 8 locknut that is compatible with the spicer hubs. They aren't.
trajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:41 PM   #86 (permalink)

Member # 106845
Send a message via AIM to flatlander757
Quote:
Originally Posted by trajan View Post
Back to the tech. It would be nice to see a Stage 8 locknut that is compatible with the spicer hubs. They aren't.
Explain further...?

edit: just searched... they look neat but why? I don't see why those are much better than the stock style spindle nuts?

----------------------

SupersizeK5: Go fuck up someone else's thread.

Last edited by flatlander757; 10-28-2010 at 04:48 PM.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:34 PM   #87 (permalink)

Member # 15461
I got my order for the knobs! I ordered a couple extra so if the supply runs out and someone needs a pair, I'd be willing to part with them for less than a small fortune.

Get this thread back on track!
95geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:10 PM   #88 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 36088
Quote:
Originally Posted by trajan View Post
supersize75k5, thanks for ruining a good thread. Explain what exactly your dispute has to do with Spicer hubs.

I got mine to work by doing a little grinding. I figured out the spring was catching on the corners of the top left piece in the pic below. I rounded off the corners with a flapper disc. Before I figured that out I called Stage 8 and they knew nothing about a problem with the stock Spicer hubs.

Big Horn Graphics
Contact us for large quantities of STICKERS for your CLUB or COMPANY. We can also make small quantities of CUSTOM STICKERS BANNERS too!
We've been doing this since 1962!

Our store: Big Horn Store

Follow us on Facebook.
MrK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #89 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 40695
Anyone have first hand knowledge if a spicer hub works on a Ford unit bearing?

250-248-6024

www.NorthWestFab.com
NorthWestFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:16 AM   #90 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 143867
what about superwinch hubs? i haven't seen them mentioned. i also saw a pair of hubs my mechanic had in his shop similer to these http://web.g503.com/forums/viewtopic...40378&start=15
those look like they're beefy and brain dead simple. it's like how the lever to engage a winch works. as for the spicer hub dials how about die casting them out of aluminum?
F-350 cclb dually, 6bta, rtoo9513, divorced twin stick np205, arb 10.25 rear with 2nd gen gears, KMA front bumper, warn m15000 hydraulic winch, connex 4800, wilson 5000 antenna, wilson cell phone amp, lowrance baja 540c gps, scanner, premier power welder, onboard shower, 235/85/r16 BFG MT's
chrisevans2645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #91 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 40312
Quote:
Anyone have first hand knowledge if a spicer hub works on a Ford unit bearing?
I reaaalllyyy hope so! If anyone's willing to lend me one, I'll toss it on my 03 Ford D60 to find out and then mail it back.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:45 AM   #92 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 40695
I just bought a 2003 F450 unit bearing from the parts store - they work fine with the spicer hubs. I was initially concerned about the spring not having enough room.

-Kyle.

250-248-6024

www.NorthWestFab.com
NorthWestFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:28 PM   #93 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 40312
Quote:
I just bought a 2003 F450 unit bearing from the parts store - they work fine with the spicer hubs. I was initially concerned about the spring not having enough room.

-Kyle.
Unit bearings for Super Dutys are the same from 99-04, F250 thru F550. They utilize bolt on spacers, different studs, and ABS provisions, or without. Beyond those variables, they're the same bearing. Yes, this includes Dana 50s. What did you use to hold the body in the hub? Do the Spicers have a spring that comes with them?
Old 10-30-2010, 07:07 PM   #94 (permalink)

Member # 135453
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrK5 View Post
I got mine to work by doing a little grinding. I figured out the spring was catching on the corners of the top left piece in the pic below. I rounded off the corners with a flapper disc. Before I figured that out I called Stage 8 and they knew nothing about a problem with the stock Spicer hubs.

Cool. Right now I just have slugs in my axle but I might mess around with the pair of Spicers I have on the shelf. Thanks for the info.
trajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:24 AM   #95 (permalink)

Member # 15404
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTop View Post
Still looking for the answer for the weakness of the Warn lock outs. Is it the sliding engagement collar, or the internal and external splined stub shaft collar held in with the snap ring? Can't someone make these out of 4340 or 300M?
I think it is the sliding gear... especialy with 35 spline d60 hubs it is to thin. I have broken d44 ones also where you could pull out the pieces, slide in a new gear and run it.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:29 AM   #96 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 96153
I now run the Spicers w/35 Spicer outers on my tow rig. But I used to have the cheep Warn's and 30 spl stockers and I broke three outers with the same cheap Warn's. I'm just saying there not as weak as people say they are.
The Blazer U4 #818

Offroad Design ♦ Atomic MC ♦ DynoMax ♦ Raceline Wheels ♦ A1 Graphics ♦ Trans-Action ♦ Jantz Engineering
K5runner@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:39 PM   #97 (permalink)

Member # 99437
Send a message via Yahoo to CTD NUT
^ 30 spline is a completely different story. The 30 spline hub is a fair bit stronger than the 35 spline hub while the 30 spline stub shaft is a fair bit weaker than the 35 spline stub. It is not uncommon to break a 30 spline stub shaft well before breaking a 30 spline hub.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:24 PM   #98 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 2753
I searched and can't find any strength comparison tests between the three companies offering 35 spline lockout hubs - Warn, Mile Marker, and Rugged Ridge ( AVM). Has there been any destructive comparison testing of these lockouts? Maybe one of these is as good as the old Spicers. Any data would be helpful.
MountainTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:08 PM   #99 (permalink)

Member # 106845
Send a message via AIM to flatlander757
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTop View Post
I searched and can't find any strength comparison tests between the three companies offering 35 spline lockout hubs - Warn, Mile Marker, and Rugged Ridge ( AVM). Has there been any destructive comparison testing of these lockouts? Maybe one of these is as good as the old Spicers. Any data would be helpful.
If you've ever seen ANY of those hubs broken, the strength is nowhere near what the old Spicers are.

I've yet to see a destroyed Spicer lockout... at least not from traction + horsepower... slamming against a rock and mangling the body... maybe. But NEVER the gears broken.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:48 PM   #100 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 96153
What ever happened with remaking the spicer hubs? I just got my 2nd set that I will be broaching to 35 spl.

I really would like to have a nice billet aluminum cover and dial.
The Blazer U4 #818

Offroad Design ♦ Atomic MC ♦ DynoMax ♦ Raceline Wheels ♦ A1 Graphics ♦ Trans-Action ♦ Jantz Engineering
K5runner@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote