Pirate 4x4 banner

38.5 SX Questions...

4K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  woody 
#1 ·
I have a couple of questions for those of you running this tire:

1. How much taller than the 38x12.50 is the 38.5x14.50? Only mention of this on the site said 37 inches. Does this sound about right? I know the 38x12.50 is 36" actual height.

And you better not try refer me to intercotire.com for specs. They're as far off as any other tire company on specs. :flipoff2:

2. What are your feelings on running this on an 8 inch wheel? I know 10" is probably recommended, but I like running 5 PSI... and I know someones done it:question:

#8 · (Edited)
just for reference here is a 36x12.50x15 tsl on a 15x10 next to a 38.5x14.50x15 on a 10" rim. notice the 38 has the weight of the jeep on it. and the other doesnt.

#10 ·
ROKN ZJ said:
and it's weird how there are two topics with the same name about 38.5 SXs at the same time... spooky
They don't have the same name! Mine is plural - his is "SXQuestion" :flipoff2:

Woody - can you call someone a newbie who has double your posts and a red star? :p (So what if you registered 2x as long ago.)

Thanks desert, rover, and dust puppy. Those pics are exactly what I wanted. :D :D :D

#11 · (Edited)
Woody - isn't it illegal to call me a newbie with 2x your post count and a red star? :p (I mean, does anyone care that you have been around 2x as long as I have, and know more about FJs than anyone I'm aware of?) :D

Rover, desert, et al - thanks for the pics. Those are exactly what I was lookin' for. :D

#12 ·
TNToy said:
Woody - can you call someone a newbie who has double your posts and a red star? :p (So what if you registered 2x as long ago.)
TNToy said:
Woody - isn't it illegal to call me a newbie with 2x your post count and a red star? :p (I mean, does anyone care that you have been around 2x as long as I have, and know more about FJs than anyone I'm aware of?) :D
BAHAHAHA Well newbie if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's not a chicken....

and if it asks questions without search, and then double posts?? well you get the picture. ;)

:flipoff2:

#13 ·
Glo, you said it all...lol

And careful TNT, I do know one or two things about FJ's.... ;-) Don't see you postin up on my site with your wealth of knowledge either! :flipoff2: lol

#14 · (Edited)
GloNDark said:
Well newbie if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's not a chicken....

and if it asks questions without search, and then double posts?? well you get the picture.
The thread he "found" with the search was one I had just finished reading. At the time of my post it had no info on the 38.5 vs. 38 height difference... so I don't get why you guys keep assuming I didn't search because a thread which didn't answer the primary question I had keeps getting mentioned?

And it can't be a double post if A)I didn't post the first one and B)As mentioned, it covers a DIFFERENT TOPIC :flipoff2:

Oh, and woody: WTF? I was complimenting you, bastid. ;) :D

#17 ·
aw man....we were just starting to have fun with it too....bastid....lol <it's a double smack-down - lol>

BTW: run 5 golf balls inside each for balancing. Works great for mine! (may as well get this thread more off topic...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.