Pirate 4x4 banner

Tim's Toy by Twisted Customs

122K views 315 replies 98 participants last post by  ethann 
#1 · (Edited)

This build is the culmination of a lifelong dream! As a kid, I dreamed about racing a Class 1 buggy. Then I got bitten by the rock crawling bug in the 80's when my dad bought a Toyota 4x4 pickup. When the first rock crawling competitions started in the 90's, I knew that was the direction I wanted to go. Unfortunately, I am not wealthy, so all I could do was dream, work hard, and make plans for the future. When BF Goodrich built the Karnivore to showcase their new Krawlers, I fell in love, and had to have it. After it was raffled off, I immediately contacted the winner, put a second mortgage on my house, and purchased it. Wow, what a cool rig, but unfortunately, it's hard to fully enjoy a toy like that when you're making payments. So, I turned around and sold it before I ever put a scratch on it. Then I put my plans into high gear, got my house paid off in five short years, and started putting large monthly deposits into my "buggy fund" until I was finally ready to contact Twisted Customs. Their buggies have claimed more podium finishes than any other chassis manufacturer by a wide margin, so that made them the clear choice for me. I need all the help I can get! Honestly, though, their attention to detail is second to none. So, if you're looking for a little piece of perfection in an imperfect world, then Twisted Customs is the only answer.

I know you're tired of hearing my life story, so let the build thread begin. Just to clarify, I contacted Twisted Customs many months ago. They were very up front in letting me know that they were restructuring the company and would be building and moving into a new shop in the near future. This gave us plenty of time to acquire most of the major parts needed, and it also gave me time to save for a new enclosed trailer to haul my new toy.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.