GRADE 12 BOLTS? No way... - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat - Classics
Notices

Closed Thread

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2002, 07:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 11484
GRADE 12 BOLTS? No way...

So, do all of you still stand by your original terms, in that there is no such thing as a grade 12 bolt? Just curious.
MR4WD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2002, 07:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 4173
OMG. It's a "JEFFREY" question! I knew something was similiar between you two!
Old 09-22-2002, 07:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 8871
Send a message via AIM to road1will
road1will is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2002, 07:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 11484
Is that a yes or a no?
Old 09-22-2002, 07:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 11484
because I have pictures. Mostly just for Erich in Azhole
Old 09-22-2002, 07:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 12780
Send a message via Yahoo to SCOTTS_4X
sure there's grade 12 bolts. but how hard is a grade 12 bolt? really hard, we're talking brittle. but what you should do is break the bank on them, that way we can laugh at you for running grade 12's and breaking
Old 09-22-2002, 07:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 7430
Scan the SAE spec sheet showing the specs for a grade 12 bolt.
Old 09-22-2002, 07:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 11484
Two contradictory replies. Hmm, is that a yes, or a no? Because I may or may not have pictures to follow. Scott, you dumbass, aren't you the guy who couldn't get the hubs unlocked on your truck a while back? Anyways, if what you're saying is true, and these "so called" grade 12 bolts exist, why then would anybody have a use for them if they are so brittle? Would not the strength go up with them too? What sort of application would call for a bolt to be really expensive and also really brittle?
Old 09-22-2002, 08:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 2985
OH boy a riddle!

US bolts ASTM specs to grade 8
Metric bolts ISO specs to 12.9 and beyond
Show me an ASTM spec sheet on a grade 12.
UncleBuck is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2002, 08:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 5899
Send a message via AIM to Josh83
Re: GRADE 12 BOLTS? No way...

Quote:
Originally posted by MR4WD
So, do all of you still stand by your original terms, in that there is no such thing as a grade 12 bolt? Just curious.
Shut up

"Tim McGraw is my cousin. Everyone says we look alike, only i am the uglier more out of shape version of him with creepy eyes. He never calls. He beat me up once at a family reunion when i was 8. Then he married Faith. Goddam prick."
Josh83 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2002, 08:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 11484
Re: Re: GRADE 12 BOLTS? No way...

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh83

Shut up
I think you're more than a closet ricer, if you know what I mean.
Old 09-22-2002, 08:47 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 5899
Re: Re: Re: GRADE 12 BOLTS? No way...

Quote:

I think you're more than a closet ricer, if you know what I mean.
Wow. Is that the best you can do? :Yawn:

"Tim McGraw is my cousin. Everyone says we look alike, only i am the uglier more out of shape version of him with creepy eyes. He never calls. He beat me up once at a family reunion when i was 8. Then he married Faith. Goddam prick."
Old 09-22-2002, 08:48 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 11484
Being from Kentucky, there's a veritable plethora of insults I could hurl. Let us stick to bolts.
Old 09-22-2002, 08:51 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 5899
Quote:
Being from Kentucky, there's a veritable plethora of insults I could hurl. Let us stick to bolts.
OOOO! I'm from Kentucky. I guess that means I don't have any shoes and I fuck my cousin. Probobly not chief. And between the two of us, you are the one with the more white trash looking vehicle.

Old 09-22-2002, 09:01 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 12780
MR4WD you fawking moron, are you absolutly stupid? what happens when things get hard? they are brittle, you stupid fawk! why do axleshafts shatter instead of twisting like licorisce (sp?) because they are HARD! oh and I'd liek to see a thread where I couldn't get my hubs unlocked.......?? and I'm with everyone else ......SHUT UP!

-Scott
Old 09-22-2002, 09:03 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 11484
Wow! Good thinking. I think between the two of us, I'm the only one to have shown a vehicle. Being from ky illicits you as being white trash. I simply have a functional truck, that I drive everyday. Tell me what's trashy about that, and by all means show me the pictures of yours. I could use a laugh, I'm sure. While you're at it, die.

Anyways, back to the bolts.
Old 09-22-2002, 09:07 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 5899
Quote:
Wow! Good thinking. I think between the two of us, I'm the only one to have shown a vehicle. Being from ky illicits you as being white trash. I simply have a functional truck, that I drive everyday. Tell me what's trashy about that, and by all means show me the pictures of yours. I could use a laugh, I'm sure. While you're at it, die.

Well, I don't have pics, but it is a 2000 TJ that is totally stock cause I just got it. Before that, I had a 91 4Runner, 33" MT/R's, 5.29 gears, detroit rear, full armor, and had an SAS in the works, but couldn't justify it to myself on my daily driver. As for the white trash comment, I don't think so. While your at it go fuck yourself.

Old 09-22-2002, 09:09 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 11484
Quote:
Originally posted by SCOTTS_4X
MR4WD you fawking moron, are you absolutly stupid? what happens when things get hard? they are brittle, you stupid fawk! why do axleshafts shatter instead of twisting like licorisce (sp?) because they are HARD! oh and I'd liek to see a thread where I couldn't get my hubs unlocked.......?? and I'm with everyone else ......SHUT UP!

-Scott
Oh, so you're assuming that with grade, goes up hardness. Interesting. Go drive your white trash truck through some more fields or something. I never said anything about using any of these bolts on my truck, however, if I did I'm sure they'd last just fine as have all the bolts. Especially the ones I replaced the u-bolts with. (except the 8 retaining the axle shaft, they all sheared off) (while we're on it, what's happens to the shear strength of something as it becomes less prone to bending? or, as you implied being "harder")

Who's everyone else? The under 130 (IQ) crowd? There's a bunch of people to set a standard by. Keep talking, you're bound eventually to say something smart albeit unimportant.
Old 09-22-2002, 09:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 11484
Quote:

Well, I don't have pics, but it is a 2000 TJ that is totally stock cause I just got it. Before that, I had a 91 4Runner, 33" MT/R's, 5.29 gears, detroit rear, full armor, and had an SAS in the works, but couldn't justify it to myself on my daily driver. As for the white trash comment, I don't think so. While your at it go fuck yourself.
Pussy, my truck's a daily driver. Put out or shut up. You lack the former, so shut up. Oh wait, I bet yours is a grocery getter. Well done!
Old 09-22-2002, 09:11 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 12780
Quote:
Wow! Good thinking. I think between the two of us, I'm the only one to have shown I simply have a tiny penis, tell me what's trashy about that, and by all means show me the pictures of yours. I could use a good arrousal, I'm gay.

bwahahahahaha

-Scott
Old 09-22-2002, 09:14 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 5899
Quote:

Pussy, my truck's a daily driver. Put out or shut up. You lack the former, so shut up. Oh wait, I bet yours is a grocery getter. Well done!
I never said your piece of shit wasn't a daily driver. I simply wasn't willing to make the sacrafice and have to drive it every day since I drive about 80 miles a day. On a side note, why the FUCK did you just ask me to put out? You are a fucking homo.

Old 09-22-2002, 09:15 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 11484
Quote:
Originally posted by SCOTTS_4X

bwahahahahaha

-Scott

www.geocities.com/scotts_4x/truck1.html bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

bwahaha

bwahahahahaha

I didn't say "Let's have a stupid contest." But pretend I did, you just won.

Anyways, back to the bolts then.
Old 09-22-2002, 09:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
Chubby Chaser

Member # 7889
Send a message via AIM to Mustard Dog
Somebody please move this crap over to General 4X4 Looks like tech to me, we'll see how far this goes over there.
Hendrix XR Chassis #001

Ultra4 #66 4Wheel Parts, Raceline, PSC, Bilstein, Marlin Crawler, Smittybilt, HendriX, PacificFab, G2 Axle, PAC Spring, G&J, MAXXIS

Roxy's in the industry and I'm a sponsored professional driver. The two of us together make a powerhouse.

Accepting the things I cannot change.
Mustard Dog is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2002, 09:19 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 10994
Quote:
because I have pictures. Mostly just for Erich in Azhole
Sure, I'd love to see an SAE grade 12 bolt.

Quote:
if what you're saying is true, and these "so called" grade 12 bolts exist, why then would anybody have a use for them if they are so brittle? Would not the strength go up with them too? What sort of application would call for a bolt to be really expensive and also really brittle?
Titanium is lighter and stronger than steel, yet more brittle. Why would anyone use that shitty material then? Or do you care to argue that too?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SilverZuk [/i]
[B]I always heard this is an Extreme Rockcrawling site, but I just come here to make fun of people. [/B][/QUOTE]
Erich In AZ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2002, 09:19 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 11484
Quote:

I never said your piece of shit wasn't a daily driver. I simply wasn't willing to make the sacrafice and have to drive it every day since I drive about 80 miles a day. On a side note, why the FUCK did you just ask me to put out? You are a fucking homo.
Oh my god. I didn't think it was possible, but you do have the mental capacity of a grape. What's with all the faggots around here calling everybody else gay? Where's Ratty when you need him? "The pot just called the kettle black" Continually, you idiots never cease to amaze me. Get off the gay topic, and get back to bolts, homo.

I meant, put out as in "get it." Either way, I guess you'll be doing neither with your TJ anytime in the future.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.