TV show "Justified" - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #51 (permalink)

Member # 13807
Send a message via AIM to Crash440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Ray Boudreaux View Post
It's a Deadwood/Band of Brothers reunion. I think there's been at least 4 BoB actors on there, and right now 2 of them have recurring roles with one of them being the main bad guy this season.

Me thinks that this season will definitely be the best they've done. The only real complaint I have about it is the show only lasts an hour. Needs to be longer.
never seen band of brothers. yeah it's just like Deadwood in that when it's over your like WTF??? it can't be over already??????

yep tossing the bullet was

the writing IMO is JUST like Deadwood. I lmao in every episode.

Last edited by Crash440; 03-21-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Crash440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #52 (permalink)

Member # 64554
I do not miss an episode. My only bitch is that my DVR catches those 3 minute reviews and I think I have a new one to watch and get a dissapointment.

Hey fugger, I gotcho girl. Come and get her and bring me 5K. Here she is. Lets go dig a hole for him honey and help me clean this mess up.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #53 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 61545
I bet that Albino MF gets wasted next week!!!
hogcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #54 (permalink)

Member # 13807
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogcat View Post
he's one creeeeepy mofo I hope he does

ugh i left off at the sheriff car blowing up...haven't gotten back to them yet. I love what'shisface they are bringing in to run against him He's been on Super Natural playing the same type of character he played on DW
Old 03-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #55 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 68805
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBootsOnFire View Post
I like it. Enough guns to keep things interesting. I think they're really good at having a story in each episode that gets more or less wrapped up at the end of the hour while having a season long story arc at the same time. When an episode ends you don't have that ripped off feeling you sometimes have with shows like Sons of Anarchy for perpetually teasing you with the 'it's gunna go down next week' thing.
That's actually what I like most about shows like SoA, The Shield, The Wire, and Dexter, and DIDN'T like so much about shows like Burn Notice, etc. Ongoing stories are what keep me interested. But having a formulaic single-show plot EVERY EPISODE with a conclusion at the end makes me lose my immersion.
TJVigilante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #56 (permalink)

Member # 5132
Quote:
He won't get removed until the season finale, which is about 3 shows away.
Bubba Ray Boudreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:48 PM   #57 (permalink)

Member # 211878
I like the show. My Dad was raised up in Harlan and Letcher counties. Several of the story lines remind me of storys Ive heard over the years. You can tell its not filmed in East Kentucky though...
Todd36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:07 AM   #58 (permalink)

Member # 13807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd36 View Post
I like the show. My Dad was raised up in Harlan and Letcher counties. Several of the story lines remind me of storys Ive heard over the years. You can tell its not filmed in East Kentucky though...
ok now that's a really cool bit of info, thanks for sharing that

to me that makes it more interesting

Last edited by Crash440; 03-22-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:17 AM   #59 (permalink)

Member # 7163
Quote:
We did not need to see man ass.

This season's been too complicated to follow or maybe it just hasn't held my interest enough.
Oxjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #60 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 8277
Send a message via MSN to troyman Send a message via Yahoo to troyman
Great show, watch it every week and it's right up at the top of the DVR schedule. Was a Deadwood fan when that show came out, but I think the writers of that show killed it off by trying to make every drunk ass in the show a walking dictionary. Part I like about this show is that even the lead character gets his ass handed to him every now and again, makes it a better show.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #61 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 63318
Love the show and I think this season is the best so far. Neil McDonough (albino MF) is awesome in his role. I like the fact that he's somewhat of Raylan's equal in the badassery department.

The dialogue in the show is what gets it for me. I love the banter the characters have. You don't find that in too many other shows.
75PPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #62 (permalink)

Member # 18661
Love this show. I've been slacking and need to catch up on the last couple of episodes.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 13807
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyman View Post
Great show, watch it every week and it's right up at the top of the DVR schedule. Was a Deadwood fan when that show came out, but I think the writers of that show killed it off by trying to make every drunk ass in the show a walking dictionary. Part I like about this show is that even the lead character gets his ass handed to him every now and again, makes it a better show.
im still sad they killed off Deadwood and PISSED they lied and never made the movie they promised They did have ALOT of sub plots everywhere but with GREAT actors, made the show move so damn fast.

and lead guy got his ass beat in DW too But I agree. I thought hanging by the tree was pretty funny.

I' still haven't got back back to #7 after interruption yest and now i'll have to watch it from the beg next week. I did miss #5, when Winona left him and he got the 2 sentence note, its gone off On Demand but I think i'm caught up ok, OR yes I can watch Hulu as sb keep telling

Last edited by Crash440; 03-22-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #64 (permalink)

Member # 211878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash440 View Post
ok now that's a really cool bit of info, thanks for sharing that

to me that makes it more interesting
I'm not sure if you were clowning on me or not. But incase it really makes it more interesting to you. The most recent episode reminded me of this
incident that happened in Harlan about 10yrs. ago.

"It is alleged that the master plan to kill Browning was put together in Harlan County. Dewayne Harris testified that he and Hall engaged in conversations planning the death of Browning, who was running for sheriff.

Dewayne Harris testified that he was paying Hall for providing him protection and keeping him informed of who informants were.

Dewayne Harris testified during the trial in Bell County that Hall was worried that Browning would not keep him as a deputy if elected after that fact was stated on a hidden videotape by Browning.

Dewayne Harris was sentenced to 30 years in Bell County in May for his involvement in the murder of Browning. Epperson was sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Assisting with the arrest of Hall were troopers Walt Szczepan, Bryan Johnson and James Earl Hensley. The case is still under investigation by Cornett.

Share This Article|

Read more: The Harlan Daily Enterprise - Hall charged in Browning murder Former sheriff’s deputy jailed on 1 million bond "
Todd36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #65 (permalink)

Member # 13807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd36 View Post
I'm not sure if you were clowning on me or not. But incase it really makes it more interesting to you. The most recent episode reminded me of this
incident that happened in Harlan about 10yrs. ago.

"It is alleged that the master plan to kill Browning was put together in Harlan County. Dewayne Harris testified that he and Hall engaged in conversations planning the death of Browning, who was running for sheriff.

Dewayne Harris testified that he was paying Hall for providing him protection and keeping him informed of who informants were.

Dewayne Harris testified during the trial in Bell County that Hall was worried that Browning would not keep him as a deputy if elected after that fact was stated on a hidden videotape by Browning.

Dewayne Harris was sentenced to 30 years in Bell County in May for his involvement in the murder of Browning. Epperson was sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Assisting with the arrest of Hall were troopers Walt Szczepan, Bryan Johnson and James Earl Hensley. The case is still under investigation by Cornett.

Share This Article|

Read more: The Harlan Daily Enterprise - Hall charged in Browning murder Former sheriff’s deputy jailed on 1 million bond "
oh no I was being very serious. wow sounds like the show is very well written.

still cracks me up my mom, Jasper AL born, will NOT watch the show because "it makes hillbillies look bad "

i'm still stuck at episode 7 till Mon or Tues and soooooo not looking forward too seeing mr creepy bad guys ugly naked ass eeeeewwww

if only to be the boss of the remote when sb is home I could play catchup sooner
Old 03-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #66 (permalink)

Member # 83016
Quote:
oh no I was being very serious. wow sounds like the show is very well written.

still cracks me up my mom, Jasper AL born, will NOT watch the show because "it makes hillbillies look bad "

i'm still stuck at episode 7 till Mon or Tues and soooooo not looking forward too seeing mr creepy bad guys ugly naked ass eeeeewwww

if only to be the boss of the remote when sb is home I could play catchup sooner
I'm from Jasper, who's your mom?
race_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #67 (permalink)

Member # 111437
Been watching every episode since season 2 the night it comes out . That blonde dude is fucked, and its awesome to see him crack like that.

I'm also starting to kinda get a kick out of that ringleader guy. He seems pretty smart and its hi-larious to listen to him talk through that big ass grin like a fuckin asshole to everybody. I'm gonna be a sad sad man the day that this show ends.
ZJcasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #68 (permalink)

Member # 72494
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjeepers View Post
best show on tv.
Better than the walking dead?

[QUOTE=BeefCakeScout;10563632]I was, but if you won't kiss me after I blow you then i'll find someone else:flipoff2:[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php?u=317103[/IMG]
77bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:16 AM   #69 (permalink)

Member # 174055
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJcasey View Post
Been watching every episode since season 2 the night it comes out . That blonde dude is fucked, and its awesome to see him crack like that.

I'm also starting to kinda get a kick out of that ringleader guy. He seems pretty smart and its hi-larious to listen to him talk through that big ass grin like a fuckin asshole to everybody. I'm gonna be a sad sad man the day that this show ends.
I haven't done the research but am pretty sure that is Bubba Gump.
247pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:54 AM   #70 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 61545
Quote:
Originally Posted by 247pia View Post
I haven't done the research but am pretty sure that is Bubba Gump.
On the show he is Ellstin Limehouse.

Limehouse BBQ Joint - Go Behind The Scenes of Justified - YouTube

Last edited by hogcat; 03-24-2012 at 06:00 AM.
hogcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:23 PM   #71 (permalink)

Member # 174055
Quote:
He was Bubba in Forest Gump
247pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:49 AM   #72 (permalink)

Member # 13807
Quote:
Originally Posted by race_jeep View Post
I'm from Jasper, who's your mom?
is DC Cruisers....I think that was his login name ?????....still here? he's in Jasper too

Mom moved out to CA with her family when she was 3 most of the family came to Marin County to work at the local brickyard.

Fortner is gma's maiden name.

and shooosh to whoever i just read say talk about the show ending sb does it to me all the freaking time. when I get exicited how Deadwood it is he says "yep, and then it will be cancelled soon just like DW LOL"

I seem to be able to sleep from 8-12 then I'm up for hours so I freaking miss the new episodes and have to wait a week for On Demand to post them.

edit: I remembered it's Deep South Cruisers is his user name he's actually 'kin' and in Jasper too.....I'd LOVE to hear more about Jasper and how this show sums up the 'Hollers' element. just to show mom

Last edited by Crash440; 03-28-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:22 AM   #73 (permalink)

Member # 13807
ok i'm all caught up now saw last nights new episode then at midnight they showed last weeks.

"Dick" i hope that guy gets off'd next week cause that smile gives me the clown heebie jeebies

Thank god we have solid wood doors here cause I sure as hell would have woke sb up at this show, cracks me the hell up.

and what Deadwoodian isn't seeing a Trixie in Ava?????
Old 03-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #74 (permalink)

Member # 83016
Quote:

edit: I remembered it's Deep South Cruisers is his user name he's actually 'kin' and in Jasper too.....I'd LOVE to hear more about Jasper and how this show sums up the 'Hollers' element. just to show mom
I figured you were talking about deep south, he used to be on one of the local forums and is a friend of some friends, but I've never met him, the show really isn't much different from jasper, crooked politics, lawnmower explosions, and coal mining. I miss living there, but I dunno if I'll ever go back.
race_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #75 (permalink)

Member # 13807
I guess I met him when we were kids when he moved here with his dad for a short bit then back to AL

Thanks for the info, can't wait to tell mom how the show is REAL close to her birthplace and represents hill billies in a true and non derogatory way

I always wanted to go back with Grandma but she's done traveling now someday I do need to make it back there and SEE everything I've heard about for the last 45yrs