Ron Paul chooses Vice Pres running mate - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #76 (permalink)

Member # 64421
I guess the "non-lemming" just can't back up el rushbo's claims.
TheRedHorseman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #77 (permalink)
Juice

Member # 130270
Rp 2012
Old 02-20-2012, 09:15 PM   #78 (permalink)
Juggernaut

Member # 49232
Send a message via Yahoo to Camarogenius
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedHorseman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyMan0784 View Post
Rp 2012
Thanks for pointing this trainwreck back towards the rails.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #79 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 182131
Quote:
Ron Paul 2012
“Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood.”
― John Adams
JK3078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #80 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 161770
I thought he would have picked CJheap....
Quote:
Originally Posted by trampas View Post
Not knowing that over 50,000 random 4-wheelers are viewing your wet coochielips; priceless.
climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:22 PM   #81 (permalink)

Member # 466
Send a message via ICQ to Curtis
The judge is possibly a good choice. There's perhaps better choices out there that I can't seem to think of right now though. But, I do like the judge quite a bit.

Also, for those of you wondering if Paul will be on the ballot in November, check out http://www.americanselect.org/ He is number one on the list to be the candidate under their banner. I just hope if they/we do select him that he will accept and run.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:41 AM   #82 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
What ? I already told you why I think Paul's foreign policy is like sticking his head in the sand.
Go read some fawking history. His policies are an almost exact copy of what congress was
like in the late 1920's and 1930's.
Not my fault that you can't see that.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:02 AM   #83 (permalink)
A is A

Member # 146531
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
What ? I already told you why I think Paul's foreign policy is like sticking his head in the sand.
Go read some fawking history. His policies are an almost exact copy of what congress was
God with all of my soul I hate agreeing with you, but...

Whilst I agree that the usurpation of the war powers act has been overreaching since WWII I also understand that our enemies remain our enemies whether or not we have a presence throughout the world. The idea of foreign established bases is to in fact promote a stronger defense. Our presence serves as a deterrent. had it not been for our foreign military presence the world would be a much different place and it would have lead to further chaos.

In the end we can ignore or disallow foreign intervention which history dictates will eventually lead back to our homeland or we can maintain our superiority and presence to dissuade those who would run rampant over our allies, trading partners and eventually our front door.

I like 90% of Paul's policies but what he intends to do with foreign policy his Chamberlain. The simple fact is military spending is at an all time low % of GDP while entitlements are at a high. By packing up and leaving or foreign post we set ourselves up for a far larger and more detrimental problem.

Ronald Reagan -October 27, 1964

Date added for moron proofing.
Jamtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #84 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamtoy View Post

Whilst I agree that the usurpation of the war powers act has been overreaching since WWII I also understand that our enemies remain our enemies whether or not we have a presence throughout the world. The idea of foreign established bases is to in fact promote a stronger defense. Our presence serves as a deterrent. had it not been for our foreign military presence the world would be a much different place and it would have lead to further chaos.

In the end we can ignore or disallow foreign intervention which history dictates will eventually lead back to our homeland or we can maintain our superiority and presence to dissuade those who would run rampant over our allies, trading partners and eventually our front door.

I like 90% of Paul's policies but what he intends to do with foreign policy his Chamberlain. The simple fact is military spending is at an all time low % of GDP while entitlements are at a high. By packing up and leaving or foreign post we set ourselves up for a far larger and more detrimental problem.
Thank you for the excellent summation. Too many of the "Paulbots" fail to see that or just won't believe it. IMO history has proven it to be true.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:08 AM   #85 (permalink)

Member # 5371
Send a message via MSN to rockota
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockota View Post
So it's not COTUS-based? Please inform me - give me a clue - on where his foreign policy is different from what the COTUS allows. Add to my intelligence on this issue, Gary, since you're clearly offended (hence the name calling) that you've been called out on it. Prove your stance - show me where RP is an isolationist and anti-constitutionalist and then explain why it is that you demand a interference-based foreign policy and how that lines up with COTUS.

I eagerly await your response.
still waiting for you to impart your wisdom, Gary. You made the claim, back it up. Or run and hide like you always do when you can't defend your statements. Man up or run to mommy - my money is on the second option
rockota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:10 AM   #86 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarogenius View Post
Thanks for pointing this trainwreck back towards the rails.
I notice you're totally ignoring the fact that you were completely owned on the "Veep succession" post you made.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:11 AM   #87 (permalink)

Member # 5371
Quote:
Thank you for the excellent summation. Too many of the "Paulbots" fail to see that or just won't believe it. IMO history has proven it to be true.
you seem to ignore that history also tells us that interventionalism leads to more war and more deaths. That shit hasn't been working. Explain why you support the last 80 years of interference, please. How has it made the US safer? How does it support COTUS?
Old 02-21-2012, 07:14 AM   #88 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockota View Post
you seem to ignore that history also tells us that interventionalism leads to more war and more deaths. That shit hasn't been working. Explain why you support the last 80 years of interference, please. How has it made the US safer? How does it support COTUS?
I see you've learned nothing from history except for the small parts that fit your isolationist agenda.
You're a left-over person from a left-over time. The world is a much different place today than it was when this country was founded.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #89 (permalink)

Member # 5371
Quote:
I see you've learned nothing from history except for the small parts that fit your isolationist agenda.
You're a left-over person from a left-over time. The world is a much different place today than it was when this country was founded.
still can't answer the questions. Typical duck, weave and call names. Ironic considering you claim to be the COTUS expert.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:38 AM   #90 (permalink)

Member # 89191
Quote:
I see you need to refer to shit (Chamberlain) "from a left-over time" to defend unrelated modern issues. The war didn't start on 9/11. What were Bin Laden's stated reasons for 9/11? You probably don't know, or care, but it was foreign troops being permanently stationed on Muslim lands and the US govt's single minded defense of the State of Israel. In other words, intervention. The more current and relevant history is a disgusting govt support of dictators and tyrants like Saddam, Qaddafi, Mubarak, the Saudis, Yemenis, Pakistanis, etc etc. The govt gave Kim Jong Il two nuke reactors.

43% of the worlds defense spending today is by the US. That doesn't include the NSA, CIA, or the nuke arsenal, which conveniently falls under the DOE, despite having nothing to do with energy. How much is enough?

As for the last ludicrous statement, nobody is claiming otherwise. It's the ideals and principle that have unfortunately been lost.

But I doubt you'll address these points. You seem to be the one with your "head in the sand"

Last edited by 4xbrian; 02-21-2012 at 07:51 AM.
4xbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:48 AM   #91 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xbrian View Post
I see you need to refer to shit (Chamberlain) "from a left-over time" to defend unrelated modern issues. The war didn't start on 9/11. What were Bin Laden's stated reasons for 9/11? You probably don't know, or care, but it was foreign troops being permanently stationed on Muslim lands and the US govt's single minded defense of the State of Israel. In other words, intervention. The more current and relevant history is a disgusting govt support of dictators and tyrants like Saddam, Qaddafi, Mubarak, the Saudis, Yemenis, Pakistanis, etc etc. The govt gave Kim Jong Il two nuke reactors.

43% of the worlds defense spending today is by the US. That doesn't include the NSA, CIA, or the nuke arsenal, which conveniently falls under the DOE, despite having nothing to do with energy. How much is enough?

But I doubt you'll address these points. You seem to be the one with your "head in the sand"

Thank you for your warped view of history.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:50 AM   #92 (permalink)

Member # 64421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamtoy View Post

How do you figure? Because the Nazis and Imperial Japan haven't reformed tried to take over the world again?

Quote:
You mean our intervention that led to the formation of groups like Al Qaeda?

Places like Libya, Syria, Egypt and such should deal with crap on their own. Somehow I doubt that they are going to run out and amass an armada to make a huge D-Day like landing on the shore of New York.

Does anyone else remember that we as a nation are broke and living on credit?

Quote:

Where is he claiming that he is going to reach out to an invading nation and claim "peace in our time?" This is more of the crap you hear on talk radio, taken from carefully selected clips of speeches.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:50 AM   #93 (permalink)

Member # 64421
Quote:
You keep making claims, and you don't back it up at all.

All of these claims you make are completely debunked by RP's book, (which you've obviously never read) and his own speeches.

Last edited by TheRedHorseman; 02-21-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:53 AM   #94 (permalink)

Member # 79509
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJVigilante View Post
Hooray, propose that a government ignore its starving masses and look like complete shit to the rest of the world.
Really, the MASSES?

If you cannot defend for yourself, what makes you a contributor to society on a whole? That's more of a parasite than a person. You speak of the children, I agree that its not their fault, but I haven't and refuse to take other peoples children to raise. It's the parents own fault for having 1,2,3... 11 children and not being able to support them. Not mine. Implement a 'welfare' system in place to sterilize these selfish people, and I'll support it. Most of those procedures are reversible; no snip no check.

Also, I'm willing to bet 75% of the 18-25 y/o population rents a house/apartment and has a pre-owned car. I sure the system would just crumple
Black Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:57 AM   #95 (permalink)

Member # 89191
Quote:
Thank you for your warped view of history.
It's not my "view", those are what we call facts. And if you can back up anything I said as wrong, I'll back off of it.

And THANK YOU for following my prediction. Go back to your name calling and ad-hominems. That seems to be the best you've got.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:01 AM   #96 (permalink)

Member # 28604
How about instead of blindly handing out money like we're currently doing, how about folks work for the .gov in order to receive funding?

There is plenty of shit untrained/ uneducated folks can do to help out. Want money; work for us. They can take a compentency test to see where their skills are, then be assigned acordingly. PErhaps a brief physical exam as well.

No work = no money; unless you're determined to be 100% disabled.
Rerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:01 AM   #97 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xbrian View Post
It's not my "view", those are what we call facts. And if you can back up anything I said as wrong, I'll back off of it.

And THANK YOU for following my prediction. Go back to your name calling and ad-hominems. That seems to be the best you've got.
Facts ? Nice to see you look at history and come up with your conclusions and I come up with mine.
You've presented no facts, just your opinions as to why events happened.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:03 AM   #98 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
You keep making claims, and you don't back it up at all.

All of these claims you make are completely debunked by RP's book, (which you've obviously never read) and his own speeches.
I disagree. I've read up on Paul's foreign policy and it reads like a chapter out of an isolationist manual.
BTW, you've never supported your view, all you've posted is your opinion(s) of what Paul stands for.

Last edited by SanDiegoCJ; 02-21-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:04 AM   #99 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 74853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerock View Post
How about instead of blindly handing out money like we're currently doing, how about folks work for the .gov in order to receive funding?

There is plenty of shit untrained/ uneducated folks can do to help out. Want money; work for us. They can take a compentency test to see where their skills are, then be assigned acordingly. PErhaps a brief physical exam as well.

No work = no money; unless you're determined to be 100% disabled.
What programs blindly hand out money?
CRFRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:09 AM   #100 (permalink)

Member # 83432
You people do realise that when these political threads start its the same old chest beating 6 or 10 posters arguing page after gosh damn page.
This thread is a perfect example of why this country is going down the tubes,the government has successfully divided the population while they just keep plundering like we don't exist.

Carry on

Ronald McDonald 2012

idacurt is offline   Reply With Quote