What would you have done? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wheeler
 
stevekudrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Member # 123763
Location: Hampton, Va
Posts: 102
What would you have done?

I ordered a few parts off a Vender on here, and they e-mailed me a quote with a paypal invoice so I could go ahead and pay them. Well I check my e-mail, see what the cost is going to be, suprised its very much lower then what I was expected, I'm suprised by this, so I go ahead and paypal the money over. Something does not seem right, and I am thinking that maybe something was left off, and I better check it out. I look at the inventory, and yeah, my parts are all there, but it still is alot less then what I am expecting. I look over at the cost of each part, and I see they messed up, and one of the parts is $340 less then what it should be. I am deployed right now, and really don't have access to a phone, or any other means of comms. I wanted to PM them, and let them know, but I figured somehow that would also get messed up, and I really need to talk with them. So I talk to my Senior Officer, and he gives me a Satellite Phone to use, but tells me that I need to make it quick, since the phone is really not cheap to use. So I give the vendor a call, and let him know something is not right, and that I think they undercharged me. They pull up my invoice and say, yes we got the money. I tell him what I think is wrong, he looks again, and say oh yeah. Thats not right, I will just go ahead and charge your card for the difference. Not even a Thanks for letting us know, or anything. I feel like a dumbass now, because it seems to me they would have never even noticed the mistake had I not let them know. Hell at least a Thank You for making this right or anything. Sorry, I know this sounds dumb, but it just bothered me.
__________________
Building The Drama
stevekudrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Born to Lose
 
77WarPig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Member # 160119
Location: Nevada/N.Idaho
Posts: 1,547
you did the right thing-what else do you need?
77WarPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
nada
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Member # 7975
Location: Qatar
Posts: 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekudrick View Post
he gives me a Satellite Phone to use, but tells me that I need to make it quick, since the phone is really not cheap to use.
Sucker... the real crime is your senior officer trying to keep the sat phone for himself. Iridium gets 3mm a month to ensure .gov has 20000 phones with unlimited air time.

I'd order pizza on that bad boy... gotta get some use out of the damn thing.
__________________
I'm Doug K... I don't need a signature.



Doug K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
"It'll Be Fine"
 
Duble-it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member # 121395
Location: Valley Springs, Cali
Posts: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77WarPig View Post
you did the right thing-what else do you need?
This^. You should feel good about yourself and not need to hear it from them or him^ or me<
__________________
Life Behind Bars (inch and three quarter one twenty wall)
Section8krawlers.com


ABRACADABRA HOMES!!!
Duble-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fistful of Boomstick
 
usmcdoc14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member # 13344
Location: Virginia
Posts: 13,551
Send a message via AIM to usmcdoc14 Send a message via Yahoo to usmcdoc14
Your military so you know what an "attaboy " is. Well go get yourself one

Meh. Blow it off. If it bugs you cancel and reorder and see if the discount come up
__________________
Doc-14 Tactical Products:
When it absolutely, positively needs to be made from random crap found in the back of my garage.


You cant ban knowledge, learn to make your own guns right Here.
New York, Colorado, Maryland, Conneticut….is your state next? Yes it is. Write, Vote and Fight.
usmcdoc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
jensenkennels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member # 52202
Posts: 2,706
So the vendor did something wrong, you, imho, went out of your way to do something right, and the vendor did something else wrong?

I would have started a thread in gcc, sent the vendor a pm with a link and hope the dumbass would learn a lesson. Unfortunately customer service went extinct years ago.

edit - and thanks for your service

Last edited by jensenkennels; 03-22-2012 at 03:24 PM.
jensenkennels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
247pia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Member # 174055
Location: Chandler, IN
Posts: 571
They gave you a quote, you agreed to it, then you gave them more money.

They suck!
247pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Not a Wenzelite
 
MT4Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Member # 44480
Location: Kalispell, MT
Posts: 18,851
You did the right thing. Thanks.
Thanks for your service.

PM them a link to this thread. They need to learn about customer service.
You saved the salesdude a lot of embarassment when his boss found out he undercharged you.
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Yota Up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Member # 57128
Posts: 1,997
Funny how sometimes, doing the right thing doesn't get the reaction you expected.

One time we got to the car and I noticed a couple things under the stroller we forgot to pay for. Went back in to pay for it. Told the cashier how we forgot about it. She told me "shame on you". Really? Shame on me? I'm standing right here with money to make it right, you ungrateful stinky toothless hag.

But it's not about "them", it's about us and feeling good about yourself when it's time to lay down.

Last edited by Yota Up; 03-22-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Yota Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Not a Wenzelite
 
MT4Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Member # 44480
Location: Kalispell, MT
Posts: 18,851
Oh, and I also would have hit that long, horizontal [ENTER] key to the right of the ' key a few more times while typing out my long-winded original post.


Just sayin'!


MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Not a Wenzelite
 
MT4Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Member # 44480
Location: Kalispell, MT
Posts: 18,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Up View Post
She told me "shame on you". Really? Shame on me? I'm standing right here with money to make it right, you ungrateful stinky toothless hag.

That's when you should go on a tirade right then and there.

"You stupid, stinky toothless hag! Your moronic ass had the inability to correctly ring up my order, and I had the honesty to march back in here and do the right thing, and "shame on you" is your response? Stick your "shame on you" up your ungrateful ass, ring my order up correctly, and tell your manager you are too stupid to work here, you lack any sense of customer service, and that you resign immediately!"


Fuck, man! You think all this time on Pirate is just for play? It's practice for real life situations!
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Wheeler
 
stevekudrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Member # 123763
Location: Hampton, Va
Posts: 102
I know I did the right thing, I am just bothered by the fact that they were quick to say" Don't worry, I'll Just charge your card for the difference". How about asking if thats allright first there sparky?
__________________
Building The Drama
stevekudrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice
 
ndeepoffroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Member # 79902
Location: Powers Lake, ND via Greenwood, AR
Posts: 4,891
Blog Entries: 1
No good deed goes unpunished.
__________________
May 2-4, 2014 3rd Annual Rally in the Valley @ Rock Creek Racing and Recreation ORP
ndeepoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Wheeler
 
RedPurdueYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Member # 94825
Location: I'm sexy and I know it!
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekudrick View Post
I know I did the right thing, I am just bothered by the fact that they were quick to say" Don't worry, I'll Just charge your card for the difference". How about asking if thats allright first there sparky?
At least you're on the good side of karma now. I'd rather have karma as a best friend, rather than the biggest bitch you've ever met.
RedPurdueYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Grim Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Member # 6726
Location: United Socialist States of America
Posts: 3,096
There use to be honor in doing the right thing and genuine appreciation when you saved a company from screwing themselves. Customer appreciation has long since gone away.

The only place I have had good customer experience repeatedly has been Apple stores. All three times was product problems. One being a Battery, Handled under warranty no questions asked, Smile on their face.

Second was low battery life. Guy could not find a battery problem but took time to show me a few tricks to extend the battery time due to some of the Apps I have running in the back ground and said give it a few days and let us know if that doesn't improve the battery life. They worked.

The last being my kid dropped her Touch cracking the digitizer. I knew that was something beyond warranty coverage. We were politely told so when we made a appointment to get it taken care of. After the tech looked at it, listened to us tell them it had been dropped they covered it as a warranty since it was a single crack and not a blemish on the unit otherwise and less the 90 days old.

They went above and beyond and showed I was appreciated as a customer.

Their customer service is a BIG part of why they turn HUGE revenue. Other companies should take note. I'm to the point where that sort of service is worth the extra expense up front on some product. Still not sold on their computers (both my parents were IBM) but next time I wear one out I will take a long look at their products and thats because of how I was treated not because I think its any better then what I can get out of the other manufactures.


Thanks for your service
__________________
[COLOR="Black"]Did you expect to find something deep and meaningful here?[/COLOR]
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." -- Winston Churchill

Last edited by Grim Reaper; 03-22-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member # 12499
Location: In a Snap-On truck tryin' to make it pay
Posts: 10,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77WarPig View Post
you did the right thing-what else do you need?
Virtue is its own reward.

It will come back to you, maybe three times over.
PTSchram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Yota Up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Member # 57128
Posts: 1,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPurdueYJ View Post
At least you're on the good side of karma now. I'd rather have karma as a best friend, rather than the biggest bitch you've ever met.
Not about karma for me(I don't believe in that fairy tale). Besides, karma implies something good/bad in the future.

It happens right now. The feeling that you did right by your heart, and you can lay down knowing it. Look in mirror, judge yourself, and like it. That is instant and permanent and nobody can ever take it away from you.
Yota Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
Not a Wenzelite
 
MT4Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Member # 44480
Location: Kalispell, MT
Posts: 18,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
The only place I have had good customer experience repeatedly has been Apple stores. All three times was product problems. One being a Battery, Handled under warranty no questions asked, Smile on their face.
Only dealt with Apple once. Made me a VERY happy customer. I bought a used 80GB 3rd gen iPod. It wouldn't charge. Sent it in with the $135 flat fee, and they lost it. They found it and were going to send it back, un-repaired. I called to find out what they found out about it. They apologized for the delay and sent me a bran-new 4th gen 120GB iPod! ...and refunded my fee!
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
Rock God
 
DozerDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member # 9144
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,237
Send a message via AIM to DozerDan
I had that once at Walmart. I had a cart full of stuff including a bag of dog food. Somehow it never got rung up. As I was walking out, I realized that the total was not right and went back in to let them know. The cashier kept telling me that it was right and I was good to go??? After about 2 min of TRYING to pay for it, I just walked back out. Hell I tried, not my fault anymore.
__________________
Dan Smith
'physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight'

Fear is not an option!
DozerDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Member # 8713
Location: Live Free or Die
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTSchram View Post
Virtue is its own reward.
Wish more folk held to this.

You did right man. That is all you ever need to do.
__________________
FiWi
preach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:07 AM   #21 (permalink)
Rock God
 
superhawk2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Member # 65765
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,343
Will you let me know what you ordered?

I would like to order a 1000 of them or so and resell them at the normal price.

Thanks...


__________________
Pirate brings out the best in everyone.
superhawk2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:09 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member # 158768
Location: on the internet stalkin' and shit.
Posts: 3,581
fuck bitches, get money.
fatdan460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:26 AM   #23 (permalink)
Granite Guru
 
mountainguyed67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Member # 73602
Location: Fresno,CA
Posts: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcdoc14 View Post
Your military so you know what an "attaboy " is. Well go get yourself one

Meh. Blow it off. If it bugs you cancel and reorder and see if the discount come up
In basic training the drill sgts would say "you know what a buddy is? A guy that goes downtown and gets two blowjobs and comes back and gives you one".
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADChevy4x4 View Post
slap a white person driving a Toyota?
Iraq Veteran 04
mountainguyed67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:26 AM   #24 (permalink)
Big Meanie
 
Haole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5859
Location: In a house.
Posts: 2,256
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekudrick View Post
I ordered a few parts off a Vender on here, and they e-mailed me a quote with a paypal invoice so I could go ahead and pay them. Well I check my e-mail, see what the cost is going to be, suprised its very much lower then what I was expected, I'm suprised by this, so I go ahead and paypal the money over. Something does not seem right, and I am thinking that maybe something was left off, and I better check it out. I look at the inventory, and yeah, my parts are all there, but it still is alot less then what I am expecting. I look over at the cost of each part, and I see they messed up, and one of the parts is $340 less then what it should be. I am deployed right now, and really don't have access to a phone, or any other means of comms. I wanted to PM them, and let them know, but I figured somehow that would also get messed up, and I really need to talk with them. So I talk to my Senior Officer, and he gives me a Satellite Phone to use, but tells me that I need to make it quick, since the phone is really not cheap to use. So I give the vendor a call, and let him know something is not right, and that I think they undercharged me. They pull up my invoice and say, yes we got the money. I tell him what I think is wrong, he looks again, and say oh yeah. Thats not right, I will just go ahead and charge your card for the difference. Not even a Thanks for letting us know, or anything. I feel like a dumbass now, because it seems to me they would have never even noticed the mistake had I not let them know. Hell at least a Thank You for making this right or anything. Sorry, I know this sounds dumb, but it just bothered me.
I'm not sure if you're braggin' or complainin'.
__________________
Ka 'aina uluwehi, ko kakou
kuleana.


- The lush life-giving land, our personal responsibility.


Ventura County Axle Snappers - Nevada County Chapter
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:31 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Member # 120991
Location: Waynesville NC
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug K View Post
Sucker... the real crime is your senior officer trying to keep the sat phone for himself. Iridium gets 3mm a month to ensure .gov has 20000 phones with unlimited air time.

I'd order pizza on that bad boy... gotta get some use out of the damn thing.
this. We used ours like we would use a regular phone back in the states. Must of had hours per day on that bitch and there was never a word said about it.

Thanks for your service!
jhr513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.