White Reporters beaten by black crowd 2 weeks ago - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #26 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 83837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerock View Post
Yep. With a mob like that, how many 2-for-1's do you think you'd have?
Depends on how fat they are .40 Hydroshock's don't go very far once they expand...
Old 05-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 25322
I may not carry a gun, but I have at least 2 knives on me at all times, and a trucker tie-down bar in my big truck and jeep all the time. I'm not a billy bad-ass....but lord help whoever tries to throw a beating on me. I *WILL* fuck someone up in the process...
Old 05-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #28 (permalink)
Fistful of Boomstick

Member # 13344
Send a message via AIM to usmcdoc14 Send a message via Yahoo to usmcdoc14
VA is an open carry state, maybe people should start doing that.

You cant ban knowledge, learn to make your own guns right Here.
New York, Colorado, Maryland, Conneticut….is your state next? Yes it is. Write, Vote and Fight.
usmcdoc14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONRACIN View Post
I may not carry a gun, but I have at least 2 knives on me at all times, and a trucker tie-down bar in my big truck and jeep all the time. I'm not a billy bad-ass....but lord help whoever tries to throw a beating on me. I *WILL* fuck someone up in the process...
Really? what are you so scared of, have you been beat down before or do you just frequest the blood thirstist/toughest hoods of all time.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #30 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 38193
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcdoc14 View Post
VA is an open carry state, maybe people should start doing that.
Would you call the newspaper in Norfolk VA liberal though, as the article claimed?
Old 05-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 6957
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTMAN View Post
Really? what are you so scared of, have you been beat down before or do you just frequest the blood thirstist/toughest hoods of all time.

Not scared of shit but this shit happens all to frequently.
ironpig70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Quote:
better to have and not need, than really, really need and not have.

same reason I carry a concealed handgun.

edit:
and yes, I have been robbed at gunpoint, in the tiny little town of 2500 where everyone knew everyone. Violence can happen anywhere at anytime.

Last edited by 87manche; 05-03-2012 at 10:50 AM.
87manche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #33 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 57779
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcdoc14 View Post
I have black tires
but huge white lights. still racist
nahmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #34 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 123984
I cannot carry everyday because of parking at work. But, every other free minute I have a pistol in my possession. Especially when going out. My Glock Fo-Five carries a a few....And I leave two full magazines in the car.

If this was Me? There'd be a crowd of dead people around me....Kids or Not

They ought to find that cops information, and make his life a little more difficult.
jsm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 64230
One more reason why I love living in Utah. Lots of guns, lots of conservative folks and very few . One of the biggest reasons I hated living in Vegas was all the ghetto hood rats who couldn't make it in L.A. so they infested NV. Tons of flash mob style beatings and robbery going on in Vegas, no thank you.
Evilwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #36 (permalink)

Member # 19304
Send a message via MSN to gipper Send a message via Yahoo to gipper
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahmus View Post
Saw this on fox last night. been doing some googling and it does seem that it is just getting out now. Other than the obvious" blacks beating white people is no news" the fact that their own paper (very left from what i have been able to read) stated that they did not want to appear that they favor their own people. REALLY? I still think if this had been reversed they paper would have played this up to the Nth degree.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/medi...ite-reporters/

This statement from the officer is really sad

Sounds like the police have given up.

I'm sure sharpton is on his way.

Its pretty sad that the media have gone from a news source source that should report all news to an entertainment source and only cover what appeals to whatever agenda that particular news organization has
The tools to deal with these situations have been remove from cops and citizens. What would you expect other than the cops to give up?
Old 05-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 25322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuki Tyler View Post
Let's say whatever you're carrying has the magical ability to penetrate through 3 people.

Even with a 15 round mag, there's still 55 people left in that fight, and you with an empty weapon.

Jesus, I just posted gun shit outside of the OSR :blackshaking:
Dual Wield + spare mags?

2 pistola's would = 90, them spare mags to finish off the rest

Old 05-03-2012, 10:58 AM   #38 (permalink)
Fistful of Boomstick

Member # 13344
Send a message via AIM to usmcdoc14 Send a message via Yahoo to usmcdoc14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahmus View Post
but huge white lights. still racist
The lights are black

only the working parts are white

Joking aside, luckily I have not had to deal with anything like that here or else the media coverage would have been a lot more intresting to read.

You cant ban knowledge, learn to make your own guns right Here.
New York, Colorado, Maryland, Conneticut….is your state next? Yes it is. Write, Vote and Fight.
usmcdoc14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:58 AM   #39 (permalink)

Member # 19304
Thumbs down

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpig70 View Post

The One scene of the promos for Good Christian Bitches that I coul stomach:

"momma, why do you have all those guns; what are you afraid of?"

/racks 870 tactical/

"not a damn thing."
Old 05-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 25322
Quote:
scared of?.......Clowns

I call it being prepared.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #41 (permalink)

Member # 19304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsm11 View Post
I cannot carry everyday because of parking at work. But, every other free minute I have a pistol in my possession. Especially when going out. My Glock Fo-Five carries a a few....And I leave two full magazines in the car.

If this was Me? There'd be a crowd of dead people around me....Kids or Not

They ought to find that cops information, and make his life a little more difficult.
Why? That's already been done obviously.

What else would you have had him do?
Old 05-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #42 (permalink)
Pura Vida

Member # 42720
Beyond the obvious with the story, she got a busy signal on 911 and took 3 tries to get through? That's fucked in itself.

THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT NOTHING

www.normalguysnetwork.com
ChaseYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #43 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 11995
Send a message via MSN to MossMan Send a message via Yahoo to MossMan
This happens in our little hillbilly town the other day.

http://dailymail.com/policebrfs/2012...edium=facebook

Charleston detectives are looking for two men who robbed and beat a man unconscious in front of his girlfriend and children downtown.

The incident happened about 10 p.m. Saturday near the BrickStreet Insurance building. A 45-year-old man was leaving Tidewater Grill with his girlfriend and his 9- and 13-yearold children, said Sgt. Bobby Eggleton, assistant chief of detectives.

Two men approached the group and started making rude comments, Eggleton said. The descriptions are fairly vague: Both were described as heavyset black men in their 20s.

"We don't have a whole lot to go on," Eggleton said.

The man asked the two suspects to stop making the comments, but the situation got worse. The two then attacked the man, knocking him down and kicking him repeatedly in the head and face, Eggleton said.

"He was beaten pretty badly," he said.

The man suffered a severe concussion. He also received facial lacerations. The suspects then dug into his pockets and stole $30, Eggleton said.

The suspects did not hurt the woman or the children. The victim, who has asked police not to release his identity, was taken to Charleston Area Medical Center's General Hospital. He was released from the hospital on Sunday, Eggleton said. Officers do not believe he suffered any long-term injuries from the beating.

Eggleton said the victim did nothing to antagonize the situation and acted as many people would have.

"I can't say he did anything that any other man wouldn't have done," Eggleton said. "If I'm coming out of the mall, and someone says something crude to me and my family, I'm going to say something back.

"And I wouldn't expect to get beaten for it," he said.

Eggleton called the attack a random act of "senseless violence." He does not believe the pair of suspects planned on robbing the man until he was unconscious.

"Such cowardly acts against people and their families are just uncalled for," he said.

Eggleton also said he was very surprised by the crime and where it occurred.

"But even more than surprising me, this really disgusts me," he said.

Officers are asking that anyone with information contact the Criminal Investigation Division at 304-348-6480.

Officers have looked for video surveillance tapes but have been unsuccessful so far, he said.

"But we're looking for these guys and I sure hope we find them," Eggleton said.

Eggleton said he has discussed the issue with Charleston Town Center security. Mall security personnel will be extra vigilant, he said.
MossMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #44 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 57779
Here is the opinion piece that was published in their paper 2 weeks after nothing was said.
http://hamptonroads.com.nyud.net/201...and-brambleton

Quote:
By Michelle Washington
The Virginian-Pilot
© May 1, 2012

Wave after wave of young men surged forward to take turns punching and kicking their victim.

The victim's friend, a young woman, tried to pull him back into his car. Attackers came after her, pulling her hair, punching her head and causing a bloody scratch to the surface of her eye. She called 911. A recording told her all lines were busy. She called again. Busy. On her third try, she got through and, hysterical, could scream only their location.

Church and Brambleton. Church and Brambleton. Church and Brambleton.

It happened four blocks from where they work, here at The Virginian-Pilot.

–––––

Update: Virginian-Pilot editor responds

–––––

Two weeks have passed since reporters Dave Forster and Marjon Rostami - friends to me and many others at the newspaper - were attacked on a Saturday night as they drove home from a show at the Attucks Theatre. They had stopped at a red light, in a crowd of at least 100 young people walking on the sidewalk. Rostami locked her car door. Someone threw a rock at her window. Forster got out to confront the rock-thrower, and that's when the beating began.

Neither suffered grave injuries, but both were out of work for a week. Forster's torso ached from blows to his ribs, and he retained a thumb-sized bump on his head. Rostami fears to be alone in her home. Forster wishes he'd stayed in the car.

Many stories that begin this way end much worse. Another colleague recently wrote about the final defendant to be sentenced in the beating death of 19-year-old James Robertson in East Ocean View five years ago. In that case, a swarm of gang members attacked Robertson and two friends. Robertson's friends got away and called for help; police arrived to find Robertson's stripped, swollen corpse.

Forster and Rostami's story has not, until today, appeared in this paper. The responding officer coded the incident as a simple assault, despite their assertions that at least 30 people had participated in the attack. A reporter making routine checks of police reports would see "simple assault" and, if the names were unfamiliar, would be unlikely to write about it. In this case, editors hesitated to assign a story about their own employees. Would it seem like the paper treated its employees differently from other crime victims?

More questions loomed.

Forster and Rostami wondered if the officer who answered their call treated all crime victims the same way. When Rostami, who admits she was hysterical, tried to describe what had happened, she says the officer told her to shut up and get in the car. Both said the officer did not record any names of witnesses who stopped to help. Rostami said the officer told them the attackers were "probably juveniles anyway. What are we going to do? Find their parents and tell them?"

The officer pointed to public housing in the area and said large groups of teenagers look for trouble on the weekends. "It's what they do," he told Forster.

Could that be true? Could violent mobs of teens be so commonplace in Norfolk that police and victims have no recourse?

Police spokesman Chris Amos said officers often respond to reports of crowds fighting; sirens are usually enough to disperse the group. On that night, he said, a report of gunfire in a nearby neighborhood prompted the officer to decide getting Forster and Rostami off the street quickly made more sense than remaining at the intersection. The officer gave them his card and told them to call later to file a report.

The next day, Forster searched Twitter for mention of the attack.

One post chilled him.

"I feel for the white man who got beat up at the light," wrote one person.

"I don't," wrote another, indicating laughter. "(do it for trayvon martin)"

Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teen, died after being shot by a community watch captain with white and Hispanic parents, George Zimmerman, in Florida.

Forster and Rostami, both white, suffered a beating at the hands of a crowd of black teenagers.

Was either case racially motivated? Were Forster and Rostami beaten in some kind of warped, vigilante retribution for a killing 750 miles away, a person none of them knew? Was it just bombast? Is a beating funny, ever?

Here's why their story is in the paper today. We cannot allow such callousness to continue unremarked, from the irrational, senseless teenagers who attacked two people just trying to go home, from the police officer whose conduct may have been typical but certainly seems cold, from the tweeting nitwits who think beating a man in Norfolk will change the death of Trayvon Martin.

How can we change it if we don't know about it? How can we make it better if we look away?

Are we really no better than this?

Michelle Washington is a columnist for The Virginian-Pilot. Email: michelle.washington@pilotonline.com
nahmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 547
Quote:
so we are in denial too?... hahaha
Old 05-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #46 (permalink)

Member # 19304
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseYJ View Post
Beyond the obvious with the story, she got a busy signal on 911 and took 3 tries to get through? That's fucked in itself.
It's the republicans fault. They need more taxes for more welfare, but the republicans refuse. More handouts would solve the problem.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #47 (permalink)

Member # 19304
Quote:
Originally Posted by MossMan View Post
This happens in our little hillbilly town the other day.

http://dailymail.com/policebrfs/2012...edium=facebook

Charleston detectives are looking for two men who robbed and beat a man unconscious in front of his girlfriend and children downtown.

The incident happened about 10 p.m. Saturday near the BrickStreet Insurance building. A 45-year-old man was leaving Tidewater Grill with his girlfriend and his 9- and 13-yearold children, said Sgt. Bobby Eggleton, assistant chief of detectives.

Two men approached the group and started making rude comments, Eggleton said. The descriptions are fairly vague: Both were described as heavyset black men in their 20s.

"We don't have a whole lot to go on," Eggleton said.

The man asked the two suspects to stop making the comments, but the situation got worse. The two then attacked the man, knocking him down and kicking him repeatedly in the head and face, Eggleton said.

"He was beaten pretty badly," he said.

The man suffered a severe concussion. He also received facial lacerations. The suspects then dug into his pockets and stole $30, Eggleton said.

The suspects did not hurt the woman or the children. The victim, who has asked police not to release his identity, was taken to Charleston Area Medical Center's General Hospital. He was released from the hospital on Sunday, Eggleton said. Officers do not believe he suffered any long-term injuries from the beating.

Eggleton said the victim did nothing to antagonize the situation and acted as many people would have.

"I can't say he did anything that any other man wouldn't have done," Eggleton said. "If I'm coming out of the mall, and someone says something crude to me and my family, I'm going to say something back.

"And I wouldn't expect to get beaten for it," he said.

Eggleton called the attack a random act of "senseless violence." He does not believe the pair of suspects planned on robbing the man until he was unconscious.

"Such cowardly acts against people and their families are just uncalled for," he said.

Eggleton also said he was very surprised by the crime and where it occurred.

"But even more than surprising me, this really disgusts me," he said.

Officers are asking that anyone with information contact the Criminal Investigation Division at 304-348-6480.

Officers have looked for video surveillance tapes but have been unsuccessful so far, he said.

"But we're looking for these guys and I sure hope we find them," Eggleton said.

Eggleton said he has discussed the issue with Charleston Town Center security. Mall security personnel will be extra vigilant, he said.
Mall security will be extra vigilant? Well problem solved then.

Move along, no worries. Nothing to see here.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #48 (permalink)

Member # 6957
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseYJ View Post

Why??

What happened to the govt minding its own business. Not the govt responsibility.

Seriously budget cuts suck.
ironpig70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #49 (permalink)
Pura Vida

Member # 42720
Quote:
Originally Posted by gipper View Post
Mall security will be extra vigilant? Well problem solved then.

Move along, no worries. Nothing to see here.
I'm sure white people I'll sleep much better knowing Paul Blart is on it.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #50 (permalink)
Pura Vida

Member # 42720
Quote:
Why??

What happened to the govt minding its own business. Not the govt responsibility.

Seriously budget cuts suck.
Actually it is precisely their responsibility.

Someone is trying to kill me, it's all I can do to get my hands on a phone and call 911 then get a fucking busy signal? Fuck that shit. If the phone traffic to 911 is so great they either need more operators or really need to fucking clamp down on crime. And telling victims "that's what they do" sure as hell isn't going to help solve the latter.

Last edited by ChaseYJ; 05-03-2012 at 11:15 AM.