North Dakota Considers Eliminating Property Tax - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2001
Member # 4878
Location: Bremerton, WA
Posts: 7,654
Send a message via ICQ to Travis Waldher Send a message via MSN to Travis Waldher Send a message via Yahoo to Travis Waldher
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPurdueYJ View Post
I'd say you are completely wrong. I think the reson this country is going in the shitter is because of stuff likes this:


People simply can't respectfully disagree. There can never be no middle ground. You always have to be right, even if you know you are wrong. And then people end up holding grudges and simply won't respect anything the other says. it's fucking pitiful. The "not my problem" mentality is not what is driving this country into the shitter. We have elected officials that we pay. It ISN'T our problem.
The reason our country IS going down the shitter is because a basic level of fucking respect is gone. And people are so full of themselves that they can't even respectfuly disagree.
I said it was ONE of the reasons, not THE reason.
Travis Waldher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Member # 94825
Location: I'm sexy and I know it!
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Waldher View Post
I said it was ONE of the reasons, not THE reason.
And I simply stated that we elect and pay officials for that to be their problem, not our problem.
If we disagree, fine....no reason to capitalize words and get all offensive and huffy puffy.
RedPurdueYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2001
Member # 4878
Location: Bremerton, WA
Posts: 7,654
Send a message via ICQ to Travis Waldher Send a message via MSN to Travis Waldher Send a message via Yahoo to Travis Waldher
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPurdueYJ View Post
And I simply stated that we elect and pay officials for that to be their problem, not our problem.
If we disagree, fine....no reason to capitalize words and get all offensive and huffy puffy.
True, but if the politicians were handling "their" problems, you wouldn't an an measure in the works to eliminate property tax.
Travis Waldher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Member # 28780
Location: Harwood ND
Posts: 222
I can tell you that Nd property taxes are on the high side, and income tax is on the low side, compared to Mn, where I live. I can tell you that infrastructure in Nd is paid for more so by special assements rather than out of the state funds. Fargo is full of unpaid specials when you look at housing, as compared to the other side of the river in Moorhead. Specials payments are sometimes as much as the property tax in some areas. So by getting rid of property taxes this will not solve anything in ND. Robbing peter to pay paul is all this is.

Although we have an offer on the table for a rural property in Nd, maybe this will work out the better for me.
__________________
Nothing to add here, move along.
bhaugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #55 (permalink)
Team Helen Keller
 
JM93LiftedYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Member # 128472
Location: North Country
Posts: 3,477
Fuck me. I'd be out of a job.

Signed,

Assistant Tax Collector

__________________
Ghetto Thread All-Star: The Tin Can

Quote:
1. NEVER, EVER date a single mother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by void_of_light View Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
JM93LiftedYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Member # 65100
Location: Dodge, NE
Posts: 5,197
Send a message via Yahoo to rustywagoneersdotcom
Three guys, each of whom I respect.

Each one a conservative of one stripe or another.

Eating each other alive over semantics and communication style.

We are such easy prey for the progressives.
__________________
800 dollar running driving 240D. Tried to link in sig, but I am a blackstar leach.
rustywagoneersdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Member # 86724
Posts: 5,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywagoneersdotcom View Post
Three guys, each of whom I respect.

Each one a conservative of one stripe or another.

Eating each other alive over semantics and communication style.

We are such easy prey for the progressives.
true, because conservative minded people like to think for themselves, and the progressives have "community organizers" that get the morons to bend to their will.
__________________
ko derf
87manche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Member # 94825
Location: I'm sexy and I know it!
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Waldher View Post
True, but if the politicians were handling "their" problems, you wouldn't an an measure in the works to eliminate property tax.
"Their" problems should be "our" problems. Unfortunately, many tend to use the office not for any sort of problem solving; but for personal advancement.
RedPurdueYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:40 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Member # 94825
Location: I'm sexy and I know it!
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87manche View Post
true, because conservative minded people like to think for themselves, and the progressives have "community organizers" that get the morons to bend to their will.
Yep, a lone wolf make kill a sheep or two, but the herd of sheep will soon stampede and trample that wolf to death.

It used to be that many different people of all different beliefs would come together and and solve problems and worked together.

Now it's become an all or nothing game, which changes sides every 4-8 years.
RedPurdueYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #60 (permalink)
Fawking ND
 
BIGSTIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Member # 5538
Location: Fawking ND
Posts: 1,590
Send a message via AIM to BIGSTIC Send a message via Yahoo to BIGSTIC
No fear the news is reporting that 80% of people like paying property tax

And I thought moving to ND was going have an extra bonus
__________________

Click Above ^^^^^^


"In America, we like everyone to know what we are doing anonymously" Jay Leno

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here--> www.lugnut4x4.com
BIGSTIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #61 (permalink)
______________
 
Corey Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member # 21622
Location: Washington State
Posts: 3,543
Send a message via AIM to Corey Young Send a message via Yahoo to Corey Young
At the current WA property tax rate, I will pay close to $200,000 in taxes if I live to be 61.
Corey Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.