What recourse against a repair shop? - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #26 (permalink)
Hillbilly Houndsman

Member # 13420
edit: saw this was an update.
You can sue in small claims, but you will likely never get a dime.

www.MountaineerOffroad.com

Last edited by SilverZuk; 07-13-2012 at 10:12 AM.
SilverZuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #27 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 50955
Quote:
Originally Posted by fllexxthese View Post
I called some other shops in the area and no one would touch it if someone else has taken it apart already. i had to wait it out and yes him to death til he "finished."

I got the truck on wednesday night. Paid, and they rushed me out saying they had to close early. I drove it home and when i woke up, it would barely go into gear to back out of the garage. I got it out, and my garage floor is COVERED in fluid. Tried calling to bitch them out, but got no answer. I brought it to a shop that people have been reccomending and i got to hang out in the bay while they looked at it:

1. the rear diff cover has NEVER been removed. he said he changed the fluid and replaced the pinion bearing.

2. original brake lines. he told me he installed new ones.

3. original transmission lines but get this...instead of replacing them like he charged me for, he slid a 3" piece of rubber hose over a rusty spot on one of the lines.

4. no brand new tranny pan. charged me for one, but gave me a used and bent one. That's why the fluid was leaking out so bad.

5. i helped the mechanic drop the pan and the first thing i noticed? The bolts in the valve body hanging right out of it.

6. lockout hub leaking grease...i had him install new lockouts and rebuild that side of the axle.

Called his wife, she didn't sound too surprised but tried to play it off "well we had it running here so long i dont understand why its leaking now, but ill have rob call you."

Called the bank, they reversed the charge pending their claims dept approval. Also checked him on bbb , big friggn surprise

http://www.bbb.org/knoxville/busines...ge-tn-90007741
Sorry but I couldn't help

Rob's Automotive
(865) 453-25472961 Veterans Boulevard, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
BBB® Non-Accredited F Rating

On a scale of A+ to F Reason for RatingBBB Ratings System Overview

Everything that you just typed. Get it documented in an affidavit signed by your new mechanic.

Check with the county assessor office if he owns a house or his business property.
You may be able to look it up on their website.

If he does take pictures, affidavit, both invoices, print out of BBB rating to small claims.
After winning small claims judgement put a lien against his house or business.
Ship 472scout 6 pk of Sam Adams.

Last edited by 472Scout; 07-13-2012 at 04:35 PM.
472Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 141490
Send a message via AIM to fllexxthese
Quote:
Originally Posted by 472Scout View Post
Everything that you just typed. Get it documented in an affidavit signed by your new mechanic.

Check with the county assessor office if he owns a house or his business property.
You may be able to look it up on their website.

If he does take pictures, affidavit, both invoices, print out of BBB rating to small claims.
After winning small claims judgement put a lien against his house or business.
Ship 472scout 6 pk of Sam Adams.
Bought myself a case of the summer samples, tippn back some cherry wheat right now What will the lien do for me? It should be easy, i don't think they'll side with a guy with meth burns all over his arms and face
Old 07-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #29 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 50955
He can't sell his property with a lien. It's like you having a 2nd mortgage on his home.
472Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
SHOOT TO THRILL!

Member # 26382
i don't know why but after working in an unrelated industry, my hunch is he is having financial problems. his account are probably frozen with his vendors and he needs to pay with cash. he is waiting to be paid from another job before he can order the parts for your job.

just a hunch.
300sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:04 AM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 141490
Send a message via AIM to fllexxthese
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300sniper View Post
i don't know why but after working in an unrelated industry, my hunch is he is having financial problems. his account are probably frozen with his vendors and he needs to pay with cash. he is waiting to be paid from another job before he can order the parts for your job.

just a hunch.
me thinks he needs the cash for his drug habit. Some locals i spoke with who personally know him said he lost a good job working for a big shop after catching a pill habit. He always seems out of it and confused, and his chest, neck, and tops of his arms are like acid burns (meth happens to be a big thing out here, ironic).

The first time i caught on to him being a liar, he called me one night on a weekend asking for some cash up front. Told me he lost his bank card and had to freeze the account. I felt bad and met up with him, threw him a couple hundo. Three days later i was at the shop and he's like look, my new card came in the mail today! First thing I noticed? It was already worn and bent like they get from sitting on it every day.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 14221
Send a message via AIM to ABQ-TJ Send a message via Yahoo to ABQ-TJ
You should steal his cell phone

[url="http://twitter.com/abqtj"]Follow me on Twitter[/url]
ABQ-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #33 (permalink)

Member # 10198
BBB can't actually do anything but send letters and report the results.

Get it fixed somewhere else, make sure the invoice documents what was done wrong. Make sure it also documents how long the repair should have taken.

Take him to small claims will all the invoices and rental car bill.

If your documentation is accurate, you should win repayment of everything you paid him plus any additional rental cars days longer than it should have taken.
Also, if you incurred more expenses to have something fixed that he broke, you should get that as well.

Pretty easy.
"you honor, I brought my truck in to get fixed. I gave them xxx amount of time and brought it back xxxx times. It still wasn't done correctly. (show your proof) I had to bring it to xxxx, I paid them xxxx for xxxx and it only took xxx days. I'd like paid for the original invoice, any repair expenses I incurred due to his negligence, and xxx days of rental car."

If your documentation is good, there won't be anything he can do to defend himself.

Not, actually getting the cash is another story....
OXC/MOC/AXC #499
05 trx450r, 08 KTM 525xc

Last edited by 87GMC; 07-14-2012 at 08:41 AM.
87GMC is online now   Reply With Quote