Letter to Gov. Gray Davis - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2003, 12:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 29
Letter to Gov. Gray Davis

I just read in the paper the budget cuts Gray Davis is going to make. THis one rellyt got me going. He only proposed a 1.1% cut to the EPA, but a 32.1% cut to K thought 12 education. Can someone explain this to me? I am soooooooo heated right now. I gave up a great job as a financial advisor to become a teacher to underprivelaged kids. Now I am going to lose my job because Gray Davis decided Education is not very impoortant? He can kiss my mighty white ass. I sent him an e-mail stating my dissatisfaction with his policy. I urge each of you to do the same. His e-mail is Governor@gray-davis.com

THank you all very much.

Dimitri Andruha
Math Teacher at Parkway Heights Middle School
South San Francisco, CA
Old 01-11-2003, 12:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 14121
Send a message via MSN to Kitty Cat
Are you sure going to lose you job? Or its not trash talk. Sorry to here that but it happened here in Memphis or similar to it.

Tell me what to write and I'm e-mail him
Kitty Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 12:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 29
Just wrie a note to him about his ignorance. I did ask the principal of the school, and he said I probably will not lose my job because I teach math, but many people will lose their jobs. My class size will increase from about 25-30 all the way to 45. That is insane!!!! Oh well, thank you for the vote of confidence.

Dimitri
Old 01-11-2003, 12:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 11983
Re: Letter to Gov. Gray Davis

Quote:
Originally posted by Flatty
I just read in the paper the budget cuts Gray Davis is going to make. THis one rellyt got me going. He only proposed a 1.1% cut to the EPA, but a 32.1% cut to K thought 12 education. Can someone explain this to me? I am soooooooo heated right now. I gave up a great job as a financial advisor to become a teacher to underprivelaged kids. Now I am going to lose my job because Gray Davis decided Education is not very impoortant? He can kiss my mighty white ass. I sent him an e-mail stating my dissatisfaction with his policy. I urge each of you to do the same. His e-mail is Governor@gray-davis.com

THank you all very much.

Dimitri Andruha
Math Teacher at Parkway Heights Middle School
South San Francisco, CA
Parkway Middle School I used to deliver to your cafeteria. I was doing the Nestle ice cream and man you used to sell a lot. Anyhow tell Jeannie I said Hi and I'll write that letter for you.
Old 01-11-2003, 01:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 2985
How much do teachers get paid working at a private school? I bet that's where most of that loss is going to end up. GW's tax cut means less money going to each state. The state can raise taxes or cut budgets. Davis wants to raise state sales tax 1% also. Tax cut = tax shift. Maybe all 50 governors are at the end of there political careers.
UncleBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 02:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 324
How come we havent heard about any cuts in the so called great programs he boasted about in his reelection bid.
Old 01-11-2003, 02:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally posted by smurfsdad
How come we havent heard about any cuts in the so called great programs he boasted about in his reelection bid.

Maybe because those are the people that payed to get him reelected????? Nahhhhhh, couldn't be.
Fawk Gay Davis.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 02:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 29
When is the next election? I can't wait to get his ass out of there.

Dimitri
Old 01-11-2003, 02:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 144
2006. My wife announced last night that she wants to move out of state this summer. Education sucks, it's just gonna get worse and they've made other options next to impossible. Thank you Grey Davis. Sorry Dimi.
Old 01-11-2003, 03:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
When is the next election? I can't wait to get his ass out of there.

Dimitri

The next election is irrelevant. He can't run again. 2 terms are it.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.
Old 01-11-2003, 03:08 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 3018
Send a message via AIM to LOKNLOD
Quote:
Originally posted by SanDiegoCJ

Yeah but that's still when he has to leave, Gary You getting a visit from Al Zhiemers?
Old 01-11-2003, 03:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally posted by LOKNLOD

Yeah but that's still when he has to leave, Gary You getting a visit from Al Zhiemers?

Josh................ If you read his post it could be taken as he
was worried that Gay Davis might run again. I am so glad we
now have term limits.
Old 01-11-2003, 10:32 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 6359
The Man Who Would Be King

Since about Fifty Billion Evaporated, that $50,000,000,000.00, his "presedential aspirations" have diminished..... Remember the "energy crunch" and the brown outs ?
Old 01-12-2003, 11:18 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 29
Thanks for all those that wrote letters. Keep them coming.

I was talking to the girlfriend last night, and we decided that we will probably move out of state for a few years

Dimi
Old 01-12-2003, 01:46 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 14338
Send a message via AIM to BigFatIronPig
DAVIS =
Old 01-12-2003, 02:49 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 40
Quote:
Just wrie a note to him about his ignorance. .....
Dimitri
Why? He can't run for office again, so he can do whatever he wants now that the "dumbass people" voted him in for his last term. He won't listen to anything now, cause this is his last term. REAL sorry about your current status, see ya on the trail

TTC 2010 1989 BRONCO
-Awesome web development for your business. www.mudnworks.com mud@mudnworks.com
Pat's W I D E TOYOTA Front Axle
--"07 RoadStar 1700-4sale"
SeaBass44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 05:40 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 10128
Quote:
Originally posted by UncleBuck
How much do teachers get paid working at a private school? I bet that's where most of that loss is going to end up. GW's tax cut means less money going to each state. The state can raise taxes or cut budgets. Davis wants to raise state sales tax 1% also. Tax cut = tax shift. Maybe all 50 governors are at the end of there political careers.
1) A cut in tax rate does not equal a cut in tax revenue! Reagan's tax cuts in the early 80's created more tax revenue, it's a fact go look it up.

2) Private schools are EXACTLY that privately funded, no state or federal money.

3) If the top 30% pay 70% of the taxes any tax cut is going to benefit them more!

4) Sales taxes tax everyone equally, the more you buy, the more taxes you pay. Save the "The rich invest all of there money." Yeah and they eat hamburger helper every night too!

EDIT: for spelling :P

Last edited by Magoo; 01-12-2003 at 05:44 PM.
Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 05:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
IH/Rover Moderator

Member # 17
Send a message via ICQ to Old Scout
Quote:
Originally posted by SanDiegoCJ

I feel it's not irrelevant. there are just too many facking liberials to vote in more tax and spend, tax and spend crap back into office.

BUY MY BOAT
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/misc-...e-history.html
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 05:51 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 2798
i really hate to see this because most california schools are already running out of money and the less money they have the less the can teach. i hope all the demacrats of there like curtis, can be happy that the epa (which is way to powerfull in this state) will see the least amount of cut and the grade school teacher will be so busy baby siting 40+ kids that they will not be able to teach. sorry flatty i wish you luck and hopfully the demacrates will push there head even farther up there asses so they can see the light on the other side.

Cliff
Old 01-13-2003, 07:39 AM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 29
Yea, the guy is a bastard, but what can I do now? I am looking at the option of ging to teach in privae schools. I went to private schools my whole life, and can probably teach high school math at one of the best schols in the state. The question is do I want to do that. I came into teaching so that I could help all the children that really needed the help. Now Davis is telling me I made a crappy ass choice, and I may be out on my ass. I asked the principal the other day, and he said chances are I will keep my job because of where I teach, and what I teach. No one wants to teach middle school because the kids are very difficult. Math is a subject everyone steers clear of, and my school district is a VERY tough district to teach in due to the children and the families. So I will most likely keep my job, but other people WILL lose their jobs. This will only affect one group of people the most. The kids. We are robbing them of a chance to get a great education. Why are we doing this? Because the lousy democrats want to get paid more, but cut back on the important things. Yea, lets save the EPA, but screw the educational system. As for state Universities and UC schools, they are going to see a HUGE increase in tuition. This will cause many people to drop out because they can't aford the education. What a Jerk. Gray Davis

Dimitri
Old 01-13-2003, 08:51 AM   #21 (permalink)
In GOD we trust. USA

Member # 15480
Ya know, I've thought about his tactic in attacking schooling. Seems like if he hits a sensitive area, like cutting school funding, he is gambling that the general public will be more likely to "jump on board" for a tax hike. If this thinking is correct, then he is REALLY scummy....lower than I thought ANYONE could go. Use the kids?

<-- AVATAR for Concealed Carry Weapons permits in the U.S. over time: No issue / May issue / Shall issue / Constitutional carry- No restrictions / FROM 1986 to today
NoJoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 02:33 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 29
ttt
Old 01-13-2003, 02:49 PM   #23 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally posted by NoJoke
Ya know, I've thought about his tactic in attacking schooling. Seems like if he hits a sensitive area, like cutting school funding, he is gambling that the general public will be more likely to "jump on board" for a tax hike. If this thinking is correct, then he is REALLY scummy....lower than I thought ANYONE could go. Use the kids?

Sure he's doing that. What else did you expect from Gay Davis??
Typical politican bullsh!t. He's terrified to come out and
say....."We need to raise taxes 25%". He knows he'll be crucified,
so he says he has "NO CHOICE" but to cut the school budget.
It's a cold, calculated tactic. The one thing he'll never do is cut all
the little pork barrel projects because that's where the assemblymen
and senators skim thier graft money from. Gay Davis.
Old 01-13-2003, 07:36 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 5842
Davis letter suggestion ...

Write a letter and ask Gov. Davis to delay funding any of the Proposition 12, 20, and 50 land purchases until the budget is balanced. The combination of these propositions is about fifteen billion dollars in state funds (the principal cost, plus interest, of these propositions is equal to about 30% of the current budget problem).

These Propositions were advertised to fund water quality and watershed improvements, and recreation parkland purchases and facility improvements. The truth is that the vast majority of the projects targeted for funding by these proposition bonds are land purchases for "wetland" and "wildland" restoration projects. These restoration projects will accomplish little recreation opportunity improvement, and most of the projects will achieve limited water quality improvements (other than close these lands to human use and the resulting dust of hikers and vehicle usage). These land purchase projects will also accomplish little to generate employment and the state economy.

The funding for these projects is bonds paid from the General Budget. The valid projects can wait for economy to improve, to minimize the impact to budget until the state is in a more healthy fiscal position.

One example of the budget improvement possible, through delay of funding these proposition projects, is the State purchase of the Bolsa Chica wetlands. This one land purchase, scheduled for this year and approved through these bond funds, is estimated to cost between $450 and $550 million dollars (1.5% of the $35 billion shortfall, one purchase alone). It must be recognized that the impact to this years budget will be only the payments on this half-billion dollar spending spree, but a few of these purchases added together will contribute to a significant improvement to the state budget (this year and future years).

Education funding creates jobs. Health services create jobs. Road and structure improvements create jobs. California needs more job funding.

Land purchases create no jobs. Land purchases for non-profit conservancies and the state create no new tax revenues (taking these land off the tax rolls reduces property tax revenue).

Simple math can relate that 15-billion in bond costs spread over ten years (or even 20 years) will result in nearly one billion dollars in cost to the state budget each year. This is one billion dollars in land purchase payments annually that are being funded at the expense of children's education, and at the expense of health services, and at the expense of needed and infrastructure improvements.

Ask Gov. Davis if his budget priorities can be rearranged to place California children's education and health ahead of conservation interests greed for more land (at least until the budget crisis is resolved)?

Happy Trails!
Ed A. Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 12:05 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 29
WOW!!!! that is a great idea. I am gonna have to write him again and bring that up.

Dimitri