Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum (/forum/)
-   General Chit-Chat (http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/24-general-chit-chat/)
-   -   Is Your Prostate Light Blue? (http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-chit-chat/1100946-your-prostate-light-blue.html)

Charlene 11-02-2012 04:16 PM

Is Your Prostate Light Blue?

2 Attachment(s)
Hello NOVEMBER!!! I am going to start a campaign of LIGHT BLUE VEHICLE posts to Raise Awareness about PROSTATE CANCER.

We had so much fun with the Pink Vehicles...lets keep the theory going. (Check out the Pirate Thread: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...-vehicles.html and the Web page: A Month of Pink | Bower Media

This is one way that I can think of to help spread the awareness ... And all I'm asking is to help share it!

To Share the Photos via Facebook to all your friends, they will be posted on
www.facebook.com/raceteamstore

Website Post: Month of Light Blue | Bower Media

IF You Would Like to Donate, we are rallying donations through UltraMosRacing Project. Haven't heard about it? Go to their Facebook page and find out more!
LINK: www.facebook.com/ultramosracing

Lets spread some Light Blue Vehicle Love around!! (and yes, that means post up yours so we can share it!)

DAY 1
Attachment 705351

Nov 2:

What is Prostate Cancer?

The prostate is an exocrine gland of the male reproductive system, and exists directly under the bladder, in front of the rectum. An exocrine gland is one whose secretions end up outside the body e.g. prostate gland and sweat glands. It is approximately the size of a walnut.

The urethra – a tube that goes from the bladder to the end of the penis and carries urine and semen out of the body – goes through the prostate.

There are thousands of tiny glands in the prostate – they all produce a fluid that forms part of the semen. This fluid also protects and nourishes the sperm. When a male has an orgasm the seminal-vesicles secrete a milky liquid in which the semen travels. The liquid is produced in the prostate gland, while the sperm is kept and produced in the testicles. When a male climaxes (has an orgasm) contractions force the prostate to secrete this fluid into the urethra and leave the body through the penis.

In the vast majority of cases, the prostate cancer starts in the gland cells – this is called adenocarcinoma. In this article, prostate cancer refers just to adenocarcinoma.

Prostate cancer is mostly a very slow progressing disease. In fact, many men die of old age, without ever knowing they had prostate cancer – it is only when an autopsy is done that doctors know it was there. Several studies have indicated that perhaps about 80% of all men in their eighties had prostate cancer when they died, but nobody knew, not even the doctor.

Experts say that prostate cancer starts with tiny alterations in the shape and size of the prostate gland cells – Prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia (PIN). According to Medilexicon`smedical dictionary, Prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia means “dysplastic changes involving glands and ducts of the prostate that may be a precursor of adenocarcinoma; low grade (PIN 1), mild dysplasia with cell crowding, variation in nuclear size and shape, and irregular cell spacing; high grade (PIN 2 and 3), moderate to severe dysplasia with cell crowding, nucleomegaly and nucleolomegaly, and irregular cell spacing.”

Doctors say that nearly 50% of all 50-year-old men have PIN. The cells are still in place – they do not seem to have moved elsewhere – but the changes can be seen under a microscope. Cancer cells would have moved into other parts of the prostate. Doctors describe these prostate gland cell changes as low-grade or high-grade; high grade is abnormal while low-grade is more-or-less normal.

Any patient who was found to have high-grade PIN after a prostate biopsy is at a significantly greater risk of having cancer cells in his prostate. Because of this, doctors will monitor him carefully and possibly carry out another biopsy later on.

READ MORE: What Is Prostate Cancer? What Causes Prostate Cancer?

Attachment 705350

HighHooder 11-02-2012 04:24 PM

Thank you for thinking of our asses!

Rooney77 11-02-2012 04:29 PM

In all seriousness, this definitely needs to be spread (the awareness, not the prostate cancer). Too many pussies scared to get the exam. Thank you for starting this.

Mercedesrover 11-02-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooney77 (Post 14962937)
In all seriousness, this definitely needs to be spread (the awareness, not the prostate cancer). Too many pussies scared to get the exam. Thank you for starting this.

Well, you have to spread the butt cheeks...For the exam and all...

lttlbddy 11-02-2012 05:07 PM

I thought this was going to be about blue balls :confused:

mrboyle 11-02-2012 06:01 PM

I would be honored to have my truck featured if it fits what you are looking for.

http://images59.fotki.com/v112/photo...MG_2038-vi.jpg

TRNDRVR 11-02-2012 06:09 PM

I use to have a female doctor. I miss her!!! :(

PAToyota 11-02-2012 06:31 PM

Thank you for thinking of us.

Unfortunately, this thing is absolutely hideous...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attac...lue-sema-1.jpg

Lil Uzi 11-02-2012 06:58 PM

No one asked. Thanks a lot :flipoff2:

So I will.

Does excercise, use of the gland have any relation to the abnormal growth of the cells ?

Fire away.

Feel free to translate into your own words that apply to your unique condition. :grinpimp:

BassnTruck 11-02-2012 09:25 PM

Pops car.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...DadCars3-1.jpg

smurfblue40 11-02-2012 09:51 PM

The smurfmobile on the Rubicon :grinpimp:

Attachment 705396

NERVEman 11-03-2012 08:19 AM

In the spirit of awareness, there is some very good info that is lacking when it comes to Prostate Cancer, testing and treatment.
i started this thread to bring full awareness to the challenges of Prostate Cancer
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...-not-know.html

IEATRKS84 11-03-2012 08:38 AM

its hard to me to look up there most times. Some times the mirror helps, and yes it does have a blueish tint to it. Sometimes green if i had mexican the night before.

Charlene 11-03-2012 06:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Right on guys! :smokin: Thanks for all your responses already.... lets keep em coming!

A Month of Light Blue Vehicles to Bring Awareness to Prostate Cancer! Share with your friends...Lets Make an Impact! More at Race Team Store

What are the symptoms of prostate cancer?

During the early stages of prostate cancer there are usually no symptoms. Most men at this stage find out they have prostate cancer after a routine check up or blood test. When symptoms do exist, they are usually one or more of the following:
  • The patient urinates more often
  • The patient gets up at night more often to urinate
  • He may find it hard to start urinating
  • He may find it hard to keep urinating once he has started
  • There may be blood in the urine
  • Urination might be painful
  • Ejaculation may be painful (less common)
  • Achieving or maintaining an erection may be difficult (less common)

If the prostate cancer is advanced the following symptoms are also possible:
  • Bone pain, often in the spine (vertebrae), pelvis, or ribs
  • The proximal part of the femur can be painful
  • Leg weakness (if cancer has spread to the spine and compressed the spinal cord)
  • Urinary incontinence (if cancer has spread to the spine and compressed the spinal cord)
  • Fecal incontinence (if cancer has spread to the spine and compressed the spinal cord)
Source: What Is Prostate Cancer? What Causes Prostate Cancer?

See All LIght Blue Vehicles at: Month of Light Blue | Bower Media

Charlene 11-04-2012 07:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A Month of Light Blue Vehicles to Bring Awareness to Prostate Cancer! Share with your friends...Lets Make an Impact! More at Race Team Store

Treatment-Related Changes

Sexual function—If the erectile nerves are damaged during prostatectomy, which was standard during this type of surgery up until the mid-1980s, the ability to achieve erection is lost, though sexual desire is not affected. Erectile dysfunction can also result from damage to these nerves by radiation therapy, though this process usually occurs more slowly over time.

Modern techniques in surgery (nerve-sparing), radiation (intensity modulated radiation therapy, positioning devices, 3-D conformal technologies), and seed placement (brachytherapy) have been developed to try to minimize these side effects, and this process continues to improve.

Fertility—About 10% of men with prostate cancer have what is known as seminal vesicle invasion. This means the cancer has either spread into the seminal vesicles or has spread around them. If that occurs, seminal vesicles are typically removed during prostatectomy and targeted during radiation therapy. The loss of the prostate and the seminal vesicles renders men infertile. After surgical removal, ejaculation is dry, but orgasms may still occur.

More Listed at: About the Prostate - Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF)

SeanP 11-04-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRNDRVR (Post 14963235)
I use to have a female doctor. I miss her!!! :(

Me too. She used to give me the reach-around and everything.

:D

RedNeckRea 11-05-2012 01:55 AM

thank you for what you are doing Charlene!!!

welndmn 11-05-2012 09:19 AM

If you're over 35, you need to be checked.

NERVEman 11-05-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welndmn (Post 14969977)
If you're over 35, you need to be checked.

not true

welndmn 11-05-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NERVEman (Post 14970082)
not true

Well that is a general blanket.
Prostate cancer is very common, I know I got checked because my father had it at when he was in his 40's.

Charlene 11-05-2012 11:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)

What are the causes of prostate cancer?

Nobody is really sure of what the specific causes are. There are so many possible factors, including age, race, lifestyle, medications, and genetics, to name a few.

Age is considered as the primary risk factor. The older a man is, the higher is his risk. Prostate cancer is rare among men under the age of 45, but much more common after the age of 50.

Genetics:

Statistics indicate that genetics is definitely a factor in prostate cancer risk. It is more common among certain racial groups - in the USA prostate cancer is significantly more common and also more deadly among Afro-Americans than White-Americans. A man has a much higher risk of developing cancer if his identical twin has it. A man whose brother or father had/had prostate cancer runs twice the risk of developing it, compared to other men. Studies indicate that the two genes - BRCA 1 and BRCA 2 - which are important risk factors for breast cancer and ovarian cancer have also been implicated in prostate cancer.

In a study scientists found seven new sites in the human genome that are linked to men's risk of developing prostate cancer.

READ MORE CAUSES: What Is Prostate Cancer? What Causes Prostate Cancer?

See All Light Blue Posts: Month of Light Blue | Bower Media

trailrigger 11-05-2012 12:48 PM

I have an 03 360 1st gen durango thats the pretty light blue with my black 3/16 custom plate bumper and 33" bfg at's. i'd like to help but not sure how to get pictures on.

Charlene 11-05-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trailrigger (Post 14970795)
I have an 03 360 1st gen durango thats the pretty light blue with my black 3/16 custom plate bumper and 33" bfg at's. i'd like to help but not sure how to get pictures on.

If you can't post it here... email it to me : charlene@bowermedia.com

Thanks!!!

NERVEman 11-05-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welndmn (Post 14970266)
Well that is a general blanket.
Prostate cancer is very common, I know I got checked because my father had it at when he was in his 40's.

The prostate-specific antigen test (PSA test), analyzes your blood for prostate-specific antigen (PSA), a substance produced by your prostate gland. When higher-than-normal levels of PSA are detected, it is believed that cancer may be present, even though other factors, such as age or enlarged prostate, can also cause elevated levels. A biopsy is often recommended at that time to determine whether cancer is, in fact, present.

While public health agencies such as the American Urological Association still recommend PSA testing, in 2008 the USPSTF recommended that men over the age of 75 no longer get PSA screenings and began reviewing data to make a decision about younger men.

Their review is now complete, and after reviewing published research to measure the benefits and harms of screening for prostate cancer with PSA testing, they gave the test a "D" rating, meaning that "there is moderate or high certainty that the service has no net benefit or that the harms outweigh the benefits."

They wrote:i

"For men of any age, the USPSTF recommends that doctors and patients do not screen for prostate cancer because the potential benefits do not outweigh the harms. However, the USPSTF realizes that some men may continue requesting the PSA test and some physicians may continue offering it. The decision to start or continue screening should be an informed one that reflects an understanding of the possible benefits and harms and should respect an individual man's preferences."
i Annals of Internal Medicine May 22, 2012

Charlene 11-06-2012 08:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Prostate Zones

The prostate is divided into several anatomic regions, or zones. Most prostate cancer develops from the peripheral zone near the rectum. That’s why a digital rectal exam (DRE) is a useful screening test.

Benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH), a non-cancerous prostate condition, typically develops from the transition zone that surrounds the urethra, or urinary tube. This is why BPH causes more difficulty with urination than prostate cancer typically does.

See All Light Blue Posts: Month of Light Blue | Bower Media