When they quit making your favorite_________ - Page 5 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #101 (permalink)
Juggernaut

Member # 49232
Send a message via Yahoo to Camarogenius
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnjim View Post
Jeep Pickup Trucks!

Decent tires under $200

Halon fire extinguishers
Not to de-rail the thread, but what can a Halon fire extinguisher do that a CO2 extinguisher can't?
Old 01-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #102 (permalink)

Member # 192237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarogenius View Post
Not to de-rail the thread, but what can a Halon fire extinguisher do that a CO2 extinguisher can't?
Operate at a low enough pressure to facilitate a cheap thin steel cylinder.
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #103 (permalink)

Member # 70445
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelh View Post

Found these today in wallmart and did a little happy dance. Haven't had one in 15 years. Next paycheck i'm gonna buy a bunch to stash in the freezer in case they disapear agian
skinanbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #104 (permalink)

Member # 22209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarogenius View Post
Halon works differently,
it does displace oxygen like CO2, but it actually breaks the chains of combustion, so you need much less of it, and there's less chance of the fire starting back up again.

Halon kills ozone by molecularily combining with it,
it does the same thing in a fire, changing the burning hydrocarbon chains, and oxygen molecules so the fire stops.

It's so good at killing fire, that it travels up in to the atmosphere when it's done to kick some ozone ass too.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #105 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 111030
I miss full-strength flush toilets. Pretty much all I see now are "low-flow" ones.

The SO and I might have to install industrial ones in our next home. Not that we produce super-human poop or anything, we just prefer a super hefty flush.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #106 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 158768
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbob101 View Post
I miss full-strength flush toilets. Pretty much all I see now are "low-flow" ones.

The SO and I might have to install industrial ones in our next home. Not that we produce super-human poop or anything, we just prefer a super hefty flush.
nothing like reading a post from a cute tiny blonde concerning toilet flush strength and the healthy shits she takes.....
fatdan460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #107 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 37600
Send a message via AIM to PAToyota Send a message via Skype™ to PAToyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdan460 View Post
nothing like reading a post from a cute tiny blonde concerning toilet flush strength and the healthy shits she takes.....
No kidding... I can see Ty's concern, but I'm really hoping this isn't an issue for sweet little Kimbob...
GET INVOLVED - Join the Blue Ribbon Coalition

'93 Chevrolet 6.5TD K2500 NV4500 Std. Cab Longbed 176K
'85 Toyota 22R RN60 4x4 Std. Cab Shortbed 178K (Currently retired for rebuild)
PAToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #108 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 111030
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAToyota View Post
No kidding... I can see Ty's concern, but I'm really hoping this isn't an issue for sweet little Kimbob...
We just really don't like weak flush toilets!

Poop isn't the only concern. For example, when a lady pees - we only need a few squares of TP. Every now and then after wiping, the stupid small amount of TP will land just perfectly in the bowl where the crappy low flow won't catch it and pull it down. So, it stays stuck to the side of the bowl until I literally reach in and help it out.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #109 (permalink)

Member # 72494
Damn cheese soup and the Delidinger from Denny's.

The Death of the Delidinger | ZUG

[QUOTE=BeefCakeScout;10563632]I was, but if you won't kiss me after I blow you then i'll find someone else:flipoff2:[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php?u=317103[/IMG]
77bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #110 (permalink)
Man Child

Member # 2175
Quote:

Just don't install cheap shitters. Some of the new high efficiency toilets are really good. I've installed a couple of Kohlers in our house that will flush a bucket of golf balls. Spend about $250 and you can get a quality shitter.
Priest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #111 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 158768
Quote:
We just really don't like weak flush toilets!

Poop isn't the only concern. For example, when a lady pees - we only need a few squares of TP. Every now and then after wiping, the stupid small amount of TP will land just perfectly in the bowl where the crappy low flow won't catch it and pull it down. So, it stays stuck to the side of the bowl until I literally reach in and help it out.
kimbob the cable guy? making pee lasagna jokes?

i'll just kindly go back to pretending pretty chicks like you don't make ones or twos. i'd rather imagine you pee sunshine and shit rainbows. it helps me sleep better at night
Old 01-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #112 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 111030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priest View Post
Just don't install cheap shitters. Some of the new high efficiency toilets are really good. I've installed a couple of Kohlers in our house that will flush a bucket of golf balls. Spend about $250 and you can get a quality shitter.
We had 4 to replace in this house when we bought it, so we didn't go really high end. We spent about half that for each, and went with the push-button ones. I will say though, I didn't see any that weren't low flow. Do they even make "high flow" toilets anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdan460 View Post
kimbob the cable guy? making pee lasagna jokes?
I have no idea what pee lasagna is...
Old 01-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #113 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 158768
Quote:

I have no idea what pee lasagna is...
larry the cable guy used to do a "poop lasagna" toilet paper joke. it was lame but you made me remember it
Old 01-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #114 (permalink)

Member # 50212
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBootsOnFire View Post
My old brand made and sold in Europe now
I've smoked Lucky Strike non-filters my whole life; no problem with availability. I haven't seen the filtered Lucky's in a good while. I tried a pack once (years ago) and didn't really care for them. I've wondered what happened to them though.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #115 (permalink)

Member # 192237
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRegner View Post
I've smoked Lucky Strike non-filters my whole life; no problem with availability. I haven't seen the filtered Lucky's in a good while. I tried a pack once (years ago) and didn't really care for them. I've wondered what happened to them though.
They got banned along with all "flavored cigarettes", but not menthol as that would be racist.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #116 (permalink)

Member # 192237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priest View Post
I don't shit golf balls, I shit bricks. Gimmie the toilet with the 5 gallon pressure tank that sounds like a fawkin' SR-71 when you flush it.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #117 (permalink)
Juggernaut

Member # 49232
Send a message via Yahoo to Camarogenius
Quote:
Originally Posted by [486] View Post
I don't shit golf balls, I shit bricks. Gimmie the toilet with the 5 gallon pressure tank that sounds like a fawkin' SR-71 when you flush it.
This!

I'm a freakin' bridge builder. No matter what, it's going to spin until it's crossways, then the water is going to go down, and leave a turd-bridge there until the bowl fills up again and re-floats the log.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #118 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 37600
Send a message via AIM to PAToyota Send a message via Skype™ to PAToyota
Quote:
Do they even make "high flow" toilets anymore?
Not really. The low-flow ones have improved greatly since they first came out. But you definitely get what you pay for. The MaP testing seems to be the best indication of performance. Sure, a toilet can flush a couple dozen golf balls, but how often do you want to flush golf balls.

You can search their results here: MaP Search | MaP Toilet Testing
GET INVOLVED - Join the Blue Ribbon Coalition

'93 Chevrolet 6.5TD K2500 NV4500 Std. Cab Longbed 176K
'85 Toyota 22R RN60 4x4 Std. Cab Shortbed 178K (Currently retired for rebuild)
PAToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #119 (permalink)

Member # 3101
Chocolate vanilla cream Pop Tarts

flimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #120 (permalink)

Member # 236399
Quarts of lemon yougurt...
garrcass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #121 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 41858
I miss my Raichle Palu hiking boots. I think my dad paid $195 for them in 1996 when I was in high school . They were swiss made with one piece full grain leather outers, glove soft leather inners, and a locking lace system. It took me a full summer to break them in, but oh my god, I spent 6 weeks mapping rocks in the White/Inyo range in eastern California and my feet were loving it. I wasn't carrying a lot of pack weight, well, except in the morning with 3 gals of water. Those boots were nimble, and still protected the ankle and soles.

I've still got them, but they've been resoled three times now and the soles just don't stick to the welt like they used too. Damn good boots. I should have bought two or three pairs when I had the chance.
Attached Images

Orville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:49 AM   #122 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 4375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orville View Post
I miss my Raichle Palu hiking boots. I think my dad paid $195 for them in 1996 when I was in high school . They were swiss made with one piece full grain leather outers, glove soft leather inners, and a locking lace system. It took me a full summer to break them in, but oh my god, I spent 6 weeks mapping rocks in the White/Inyo range in eastern California and my feet were loving it. I wasn't carrying a lot of pack weight, well, except in the morning with 3 gals of water. Those boots were nimble, and still protected the ankle and soles.

I've still got them, but they've been resoled three times now and the soles just don't stick to the welt like they used too. Damn good boots. I should have bought two or three pairs when I had the chance.
To each their own. If I put on a boot and it takes more than a day to break in, I ain't wearing it. No level of durability is worth a summer of misery.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #123 (permalink)

Member # 104517
I'll agree with everyone on the shitters. My wife makes fun of me constantly because I bitch about the pussy flush mode.

Boots are a huge one, especially since Danners went to chinese construction. I gave up and just started buying wolverines every year, they break in in about 10 minutes, and are thoroughly used up in about a year. I don't know how anybody likes the cat boots though, I've seen them last anywhere from 1 month, to several years so their build quality seems all over the place. Not worth bothering with IMO.

I'm going to grab a few of those gas can spouts next time I'm at ACE. But I just went to a couple of VP racing fuel jugs for my dirtbike/truck. No DOT numbers so I guess you can't transport fuel in them though...
Old 01-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #124 (permalink)

Member # 192237
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy_man View Post
I'm going to grab a few of those gas can spouts next time I'm at ACE. But I just went to a couple of VP racing fuel jugs for my dirtbike/truck. No DOT numbers so I guess you can't transport fuel in them though...
cop's looking at your gas cans, he'll fuck you over some other way.