catching the coworker that is stealing money out of my wallet and getting it back.... - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 06:46 AM   #26 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 67681
If you had money stolen from you wallet while it was in your desk, and then you leave money in your wallet in your desk again then I'm not sure that a proper solution could be explained to you in simple enough terms.

Maybe we could have piggy translate some of the good ideas to you.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:54 AM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 140312
Why don't you leave it in the car instead of at your desk?

I don't understand people that leave a wallet laying around.
sometoyotaguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:58 AM   #28 (permalink)
Knee Grow Brewer

Member # 25230
Quote:
Originally Posted by whistle pig View Post
This thread is full of idiots . You are worried about losing your wallet so you just leave it where someone can steal it .
Damn it why did it take this long, for someone to say this.

Put your wallet in your fucking pocket, and knee cap the motherfucker for stealing cash out of your wallet.
I refuse to let ignorant, emotional "thinking" create public policy that infringes upon my constitutional rights, especially when such policy has already failed and caused the very incident thy compels the ignorant to cry for more of the same.
southern k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:59 AM   #29 (permalink)
Dunes & Forest

Member # 142612
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM93LiftedYJ View Post
Man, I don't leave my money anywhere. Pockets with zippers, inside my sock, hell I'd duct tape it to my chest before I started leaving my wallet around.
This.
Keep your cash in the jeans pocket and the business cards in the wallet.

Last edited by fantic238; 01-28-2013 at 07:00 AM.
fantic238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:03 AM   #30 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 67681
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic238 View Post
This.
Keep your cash in the jeans pocket and the business cards in the wallet.
I use one of these bastards. It hold my CCs, folding money, and it's damn durable. I keep it in my front pocket, and it's only slightly thicker than my cell phone.

edit: I spent $12 on mine.

Last edited by rugger; 01-28-2013 at 07:03 AM.
rugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:03 AM   #31 (permalink)
I See You

Member # 138976
Quote:
Originally Posted by sometoyotaguy View Post
I don't understand people that leave a wallet laying around.
My wallet never has cash, so it gets left around a good bit I guess if you want a tow, you could steal my AAA card. Odds are the good one is already gone though

I Like Bright Colors and Shiny Objects

Romans 1:28-32

Matthews 7:15-20

John 14

Surah 109

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here--> www.lugnut4x4.com
Provience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:05 AM   #32 (permalink)
Ebs

Member # 20043
Tough crowd. He said he keeps it in a backpack at his own desk, while it's not what I'd feel the most comfortable with it seems pretty reasonable, its not like he's keeping stacks of money next to the keyboard.

But then again I don't blame the victim of crimes just because there's some temptation for shitheads to act. But maybe I'm wrong, maybe it is the girls fault for getting raped because she dresses too slutty.
Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #33 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 4375
Quote:
Originally Posted by knaffie View Post
Cash, nobody else that I am aware. Tools, phone chargers, expensive flashlights and all kinds of other shit has disappeared in the last year. There is a rat among us.
Thief Detection Powder Visible Dye

No experience with this stuff, but your thread triggered a semi defunct recollection of someone talking about a powder that stains the skin when it comes into contact with it giving a visual indicator that doesn't need anything to make it show up except moisture.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #34 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 67681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebs View Post
Tough crowd. He said he keeps it in a backpack at his own desk, while it's not what I'd feel the most comfortable with it seems pretty reasonable, its not like he's keeping stacks of money next to the keyboard.

But then again I don't blame the victim of crimes just because there's some temptation for shitheads to act. But maybe I'm wrong, maybe it is the girls fault for getting raped because she dresses too slutty.
If the white girl was walking through East St. Louis at night after she had already been raped in East St. Louis then it's her own fault.

Op had already had money stolen. He put money where the thief could find it again. Yeah, I blame him for not protecting that which he knew was at risk.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 60950
Quote:
But then again I don't blame the victim of crimes just because there's some temptation for shitheads to act.
Seems to be a common trend in CC lately.
Red Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:20 AM   #36 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 38193
^^so, blame the victim?

Fuck that noise. Write down the bills serial numbers, catch em in he act, and take video to the boss.

No one wants a thieves
At work.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:28 AM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 24273
Quote:
He is only taking large bills - $50 or $100, and leaving the smaller ones. He got $300 once this fall (first time), and struck again last week sometime for another $300.
Rich people problems
Old 01-28-2013, 07:29 AM   #38 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 34987
Video is mandatory. Pirate will "find" you if you do not comply.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:40 AM   #39 (permalink)

Member # 52443
How the fuck did you not learn the first time money got stolen?
Old 01-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 52443
Quote:

Uhmmm. Well... Uhhmmm..
Old 01-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #41 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 48084
For all you guys jumping on the bandwagon about not bringing my wallet / cash into work. Yes, obviously that is a solution. But.......

What about my laptop?
My mouse?
My camera?
My gopro camera?
My memory cards for them?
My phone?
My phone charger?
My memory cards I use in the robots?
My coffee cup?
My micrometer?
My dial calipers?
My jacket?
My hat?
My $600 welding helmet?
My whole bag full of tools?
Etc......

All this stuff is either brought to work or stays at work every day because I use it at work every day. It's ridiculous to not leave anything unlocked that I'm not in immediate sight of. If he's stolen cash, he'll be stealing something else next. Somebody already stole another guy's $150 Surefire flashlight. What will be next?

Point is, there is a rat, and I'm going to catch him in the act. Thanks everybody for the suggestions.

Last edited by knaffie; 01-28-2013 at 07:44 AM.
knaffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:45 AM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 52202
Quote:
Originally Posted by whistle pig View Post
This thread is full of idiots . You are worried about losing your wallet so you just leave it where someone can steal it .
I'm thinking more along the lines of the doofasses suggesting to counterfeit US currency.
jensenkennels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:46 AM   #43 (permalink)

Member # 52443
Quote:
For all you guys jumping on the bandwagon about not bringing my wallet / cash into work. Yes, obviously that is a solution. But.......

What about my laptop?
My mouse?
My camera?
My gopro camera?
My memory cards for them?
My phone?
My phone charger?
My memory cards I use in the robots?
My coffee cup?
My micrometer?
My dial calipers?
My jacket?
My hat?
My $600 welding helmet?
My whole bag full of tools?
Etc......

All this stuff is either brought to work or stays at work every day because I use it at work every day. It's ridiculous to not leave anything unlocked that I'm not in immediate sight of. If he's stolen cash, he'll be stealing something else next. Somebody already stole another guy's $150 Surefire flashlight. What will be next?

Point is, there is a rat, and I'm going to catch him in the act. Thanks everybody for the suggestions.
You got ripped off on that welding helmet.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:53 AM   #44 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 48084
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev13wt View Post
You got ripped off on that welding helmet.

I didn't pay a dime for it. But the company did.

06-0100-30SW 3M SPEEDGLAS 9100 Helmet w/Auto DarkFilter 9100XX Side Windows | Fastenal
Old 01-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #45 (permalink)
Dunes & Forest

Member # 142612
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugger View Post
I use one of these bastards. It hold my CCs, folding money, and it's damn durable. I keep it in my front pocket, and it's only slightly thicker than my cell phone.

edit: I spent $12 on mine.
I carry my cash with a clip, one CC in a custody and my DL (card style) in my pocket. Dropped the use of a wallet many years ago.

Some people put the CCs in the back of the iphone custody, but that's no good if you lose/get stolen your phone.

It's all a matter of experiences and habits.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #46 (permalink)

Member # 108445
Steal a bunch of clothes with those anti-theft tags.

Break open and use to create an ink bomb; triggered when the wallet is opened.
rocket flier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #47 (permalink)
not my fence problem

Member # 43837
d be able to leave anything anywhere

Catch your theif. You should be able to leave anything anywhere at work without worrying about it getting stolen.

Keeping your wallet in your pocket will not get rid of a theif that needs to be removed from your workplace.

Time for a camera.... and then a group meeting with a presentation. Include the thief in the invite to this meeting.... maybe a peace officer too.

Ignore any idiot saying, "it's your fault your shit got stolen." This was at work, if you drop it accidentally in the hallway it should come back to you 100% intact.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Last edited by bigbroncojeff; 01-28-2013 at 08:30 AM.
bigbroncojeff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #48 (permalink)

Member # 943
If you leave your wallet out, I would skip the dye he could just say he was moving the wallet for you. And I doubt you want anything in your wallet to mark you.

Camera and once you catch him call a meeting and project his ass on the wall for all to see.

For all that say its his own fault for leaving it out, you're part of the problem we are currently facing in the country. Pointing the finger at the victim
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #49 (permalink)

Member # 90523
Send a message via ICQ to RubiWheeler
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATRKS84 View Post
put a really good FAKE 100 or 50 dollar bill in there. Watch him go to jail, profit.
So the plan is to procure counterfeit cash?

Quote:
Where do I get fake money?

If I could get $500 in fake money, that would hang him out to dry the best.

Classification of Theft Offenses and Penalties in Nebraska
Like many other states, Nebraska classifies most theft crimes based on the dollar value of the property involved. Let’s take a closer look at the different levels of theft under Nebraska law.
Class II Misdemeanor Theft.
Theft constitutes a Class II misdemeanor in Nebraska when the value of the property stolen is $200 or less. Neb. Rev. Stat. § 28-518(4). This is the lowest-level theft offense under Nebraska law (sometimes called "petty theft").
Theft of telecommunications devices is an example of a more specific theft crime that qualifies as a Class II misdemeanor in Nebraska. Neb. Rev. Stat. § 28-515.01.
A second conviction for theft at this level will bump the offense up to a Class I misdemeanor, and for a third or subsequent theft conviction at this level, the offender will be guilty of a Class IV felony. § 28-518(6). More on these classifications below.
In Nebraska, a Class II misdemeanor is punishable by no more than six months imprisonment or a fine of no more than $1,000, or both. § 28-106. There is no minimum term of imprisonment for a Class II misdemeanor under Nebraska law, and any sentence of imprisonment must be served at a county jail.
Class I Misdemeanor Theft.
Theft constitutes a Class I misdemeanor in Nebraska when the value of the property involved is more than $200 but less than $500, or when the offender has one prior conviction for the theft of property valued at less than $200. Neb. Rev. Stat. § 28-518(4).
After a second or subsequent conviction of theft at this level, the offender will be guilty of a Class IV felony. § 28-518(5).
In Nebraska, a Class I misdemeanor is punishable by no more than one year of imprisonment or a fine of no more than $1,000, or both. § 28-106. There is no minimum term of imprisonment for a Class I misdemeanor under Nebraska law, and any sentence of imprisonment must be served at a county jail.
Class IV Felony Theft.
Theft constitutes a Class IV felony in Nebraska when the value of the property stolen is at least $500, but not more than $1,500; and:
when it is a third or subsequent conviction for the theft of property valued at less than $200, or
when it is a second or subsequent conviction for the theft of property valued at between $200 and $500. Neb. Rev. Stat. § 28-518(2)
Under Nebraska law, a Class IV felony is punishable by a term of imprisonment of no more than five years or a fine of no more than $10,000, or both. § 28-105. There is no minimum term of imprisonment for a Class IV felony. A sentence of incarceration for a Class IV felony must be served in an institution under the jurisdiction of the Department of Correctional Services if longer than one year, or in a county jail if less than one year.
What exactly is the real value of $500 in counterfeit cash?
RubiWheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #50 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 4650
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockota View Post
OP is a moron for not securing his wallet and whining when something happens.
in light of below, i agree^
Quote:
One of my coworkers is stealing money out of my wallet. He is only taking large bills - $50 or $100, and leaving the smaller ones. He got $300 once this fall (first time), and struck again last week sometime for another $300.

I usually leave my wallet in my backpack at my desk so it doesn't fall out of my pocket while I'm on the factory floor working. This is no big secret. We all leave our wallets in our desks, backpacks, lunch pails, etc. Occasionally it might get left on the desk if I get distracted and have to run out on the floor quickly. There are 12 of us that sit in this room. It's not uncommon to be the only one in the room, so opportunities are endless.

So while I could start locking my wallet in my truck or something like that to prevent this from happening again, all I'm interested in doing at this point is catching the guy in the act. I downloaded software that uses the webcam on my computer to record everything, even while its locked. I'm planning to leave my wallet on my desk and let it run, and hopefully I'll catch him in the act.

Any other ideas?
Quote:
Cash, nobody else that I am aware. Tools, phone chargers, expensive flashlights and all kinds of other shit has disappeared in the last year. There is a rat among us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugger View Post
If you had money stolen from you wallet while it was in your desk, and then you leave money in your wallet in your desk again then I'm not sure that a proper solution could be explained to you in simple enough terms.

Maybe we could have piggy translate some of the good ideas to you.
This too.

OP, you get ripped off once, others have had other items go missing so you decide to continue to leave large bills in your wallet. Yes, you are piggy dumb.

Go mbeire muid beo ar an am seo arís
NERVEman is offline   Reply With Quote