Cuomo is now offering $ 500.00 for citizens to turn in their neighbors for weapons an - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 04:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Eager Beaver

Member # 59610
Cuomo is now offering $ 500.00 for citizens to turn in their neighbors for weapons an

McLAUGHLIN: NEIGHBOR AGAINST NEIGHBOR IN NEW GUN-GRAB PLAN - Steve McLaughlin for Assembly

Cuomo is now offering $ 500.00 for citizens to turn in their neighbors for weapons and magazines.

Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin (R,C,I-Melrose) today released a letter that was emailed from the Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) to the New York State Association of Chiefs of Police outlining a new initiative by Governor Cuomo and DCJS that would confiscate illegal firearms, including those that are not registered but were previously legal before the New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act (Safe Act) was rammed through the legislature in January. According to the letter, sent out on Tuesday, the state would provide a $500 reward, through tax dollars, to an individual who turns in his neighbor for possessing an illegal firearm. DCJS is planning a “comprehensive campaign” to announce this initiative which includes a toll-free tip line and details of how to text to submit a tip against their neighbor.

“In December, Governor Cuomo stated that ‘confiscation could be an option,’ and now it appears he is staying true to his word with this dangerous new initiative,” said McLaughlin. “This initiative seeks to turn neighbor against neighbor and use their own tax dollars to pay for the $500 reward. Confiscating these once-legal firearms from law-abiding citizens and pitting neighbors against one another does nothing to address the root cause of violence with guns in our society: illegal handguns used by real criminals. While Albany confiscates firearms, evil will unfortunately still wander our streets.”

McLaughlin has been critical of the Governor and state Legislature for taking a victory lap while mental health issues, prescription drug abuse and the role of anti-depressants in these recent mass shootings, which should have been the true substance of the New York Safe Act, went so poorly addressed.

“With the stroke of his pen in January, Governor Cuomo made criminals out of police officers who step foot on school grounds with their own service weapon. Yet, instead of moving swiftly to pass an amendment to exempt police officers, the Governor and DCJS have deemed confiscation of previously legal firearms a higher priority.”

Assemblyman McLaughlin represents the 107th District, which consists of parts of Rensselaer, Columbia and Washington counties. For more information, please visit Assemblyman McLaughlin’s official website.

link to letter : http://www.scribd.com/doc/131505280/Letter-From-DCJS

Last edited by jeeptj19992001; 03-21-2013 at 04:32 AM.
jeeptj19992001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Knee Grow Brewer

Member # 25230
Unfucking believable

Someone up there needs to take one for the team and lee harvey oswald his ass. What a piece of shit. I really hate to say this, but I hope this backfires, severally and the people doing confiscations, wind up with a couple holes in them. And Cuamo
I refuse to let ignorant, emotional "thinking" create public policy that infringes upon my constitutional rights, especially when such policy has already failed and caused the very incident thy compels the ignorant to cry for more of the same.
southern k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 48084
That is unreal.

Why the hell isn't our government addressing the REAL problems in our country instead of still fucking around with these useless gun laws? Damn it.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:59 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 17378
I like this part of the letter:

"To spread the word about this free resource, New York State is planning a comprehensive campaign, including public service announcements that will air on television and radio stations across Upstate."

Upstate? Not down in ville where they kill each other every day with illegal guns.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 19323
I thought a judge put a hold on these new laws requiring Como to prove it is constitutional first, I thought it was supposed to be proven by April sometime
RCrocs Class 3 Team #304
Fullsizexj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:07 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 151802
Old 03-21-2013, 05:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 43079
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptj19992001 View Post
According to the letter, sent out on Tuesday, the state would provide a $500 reward, through tax dollars, to an individual who turns in his neighbor for possessing an illegal firearm.
Reason 243580027 that we are paying too much in tax.

Great way to pit people against each other.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:10 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 17378
Well, what do you know...CT has had a law like this, maybe worse, since 1999.

Link
Old 03-21-2013, 05:13 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 193267
Cuomo is now offering $ 500.00 for citizens to turn in their neighbors for weap

Divide and conquer.
texasditchdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
Juice

Member # 130270
They can take em....

Lead first.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:18 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 19323
yup I thought so, they have to prove the safe act is constitutional first

NY State Supreme Court: Gov. Cuomo Must Prove New Gun Laws are Constitutional (VIDEO) - Guns.com
RCrocs Class 3 Team #304
Fullsizexj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Bipedal 'Poccylyps

Member # 107403
I don't posess the proper amount of sarcasm to get my point across so I'll just say it like this. Leave the state, let it burn... leave it to the criminals, both of crime and politics and let the motherfucker burn.
jettscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:32 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 223811
That's crazy agree Someone needs to take one for the team and pull a lee Oswald. I hope everybody sticks together and doesn't tell on each other. Damn I don't know how people live in new York
Red93yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
Naughty Nurse

Member # 19565
Send a message via AIM to APRILRAZZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red93yj View Post
That's crazy agree Someone needs to take one for the team and pull a lee Oswald. I hope everybody sticks together and doesn't tell on each other. Damn I don't know how people live in new York
And you somehow think that would make things better?
"Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."-Albert Einstein
APRILRAZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:41 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 10867
Quote:
Originally Posted by APRILRAZZ View Post
If they did it with a compound bow...
Old 03-21-2013, 05:42 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 125361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red93yj View Post
I hope everybody sticks together and doesn't tell on each other. Damn I don't know how people live in new York
You know that ain't going to happen.

Somebody will piss off a neighbor; that neighbor will call in an anonymous "tip" that the person that pissed them off has a gun; police will raid home of said "illegal gun owner."

Look at what happened with the anonymous "tip" about a child with a gun in NJ: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...n-nj-time.html

"A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Last edited by U.P. Jeep; 03-21-2013 at 05:43 AM.
U.P. Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:04 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 4878
Send a message via ICQ to Travis Waldher Send a message via MSN to Travis Waldher Send a message via Yahoo to Travis Waldher
So, lets say you live in that shithole.

In order to claim the $500 do you have to turn someone in and have them actually find something?

I mean, if not, I can think of a good way to get 10 of your best friends together to make a quick buck.
Travis Waldher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:08 AM   #18 (permalink)
Who stole my title?

Member # 70825
I would get a list of every cop, judge, lawyer and city official in NYC and submit their addresses.

Then get a list of anyone that is pro gun control and/or a proud card carrying member of a liberal group and submit their names as gun owners.

At least some of them will be self hating gun owners and it will be a huge stink when they are arrested for having a gun they campaigned to ban.

Then just submit every address in NYC, flood the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwzer2 View Post
Huh. Yeah, I guess you're right.
void_of_light is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:11 AM   #19 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 34482
Quote:
Originally Posted by void_of_light View Post
I would get a list of every cop, judge, lawyer and city official in NYC and submit their addresses.

Then get a list of anyone that is pro gun control and/or a proud card carrying member of a liberal group and submit their names as gun owners.

At least some of them will be self hating gun owners and it will be a huge stink when they are arrested for having a gun they campaigned to ban.

Submit the liberal trash and give them a good taste of what these lovely "searches" are like first hand, since they are so much in favor of them.

Last edited by 01Tundra; 03-21-2013 at 06:12 AM.
01Tundra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:15 AM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 64554
Quote:
Originally Posted by void_of_light View Post

That is the way to make this work. Throw away phones and submit the lead dogs and destroy the system.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:17 AM   #21 (permalink)
Hey Yall Watch This

Member # 204026
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern k5 View Post
Unfucking believable

Someone up there needs to take one for the team and lee harvey oswald his ass. What a piece of shit. I really hate to say this, but I hope this backfires, severally and the people doing confiscations, wind up with a couple holes in them. And Cuamo
Except for the fact it could just be some "poor lame" trying to do his job.

I feel your frustration.
Country69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:29 AM   #22 (permalink)
A is A

Member # 146531
Trying to put silver lining on this stuff so here goes.

The last time a gun ban bill was made law(federal) it cost the democrats the mid terms in 94'. The blatant unconstitutional actions against the 2nd amendment could mean political suicide for democrats. Instead of framing it as a background check initiative and forcing the GOP to defend, they have made guns and gun owners the object of their disdain.

There is a reason Reid pulled the AWB from Fiensteins bill. Not just because they didn't have the votes but because he is not stupid. These moron governors, congressmen and senators who are pushing these laws may be doing us a favor in the long run. Guns are not a conservative republican thing, they are universal to all but the anticonstitutionalist liberal democrat. Most of these laws will end up being challenged and hit the courts around the time of the next midterm.

The country has become far more entitlement minded, the last election proved that. Though had the 4million GOP voters that voted in the midterms showed up it would have been different. Anyway, this could be the straw that breaks the camels back. It could cost the democrats politically.

Ronald Reagan -October 27, 1964

Date added for moron proofing.
Jamtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:30 AM   #23 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 67681
Quote:
Originally Posted by APRILRAZZ View Post
It worked in 1775. Repeating history is not always bad.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:20 AM   #24 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 22104
Taker the other path. Set up a film crew in your house, knowing that you were legal and call in a tip on yourself and let them come.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 1956
What is unfucking believable is the fuktards that we have here, said, "They will NOT confiscate your guns, you tinfoil hat wearers!"