Baby shot and killed by teens in Georgia - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 6957
Baby shot and killed by teens in Georgia

CNN Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Will definetly be watching to see how this ends.

Brunswick, Georgia (CNN) -- Police said Friday they have received more than 30 leads "from concerned citizens" to help with their investigation into the fatal shooting Thursday of a 13-month-old boy.

"Our uncompromising search has led us from door to door throughout the area," said Todd Rhodes, a spokesman for the Brunswick Police Department.

Sherry West told CNN affiliate WAWS that she was pushing her son in a stroller at 9 a.m. Thursday when two boys approached and demanded money, then wounded her and fatally shot her boy.

"He said, 'I'm gonna kill you if you don't give me your money,' and I said, 'I swear, I don't have any,'" West said. "I put my arms over my baby and he shoves me and he shot my baby right in the head."

Both boys then ran into a residential neighborhood of this seaside Georgia town some 30 miles north of Florida, she told police.

The woman told reporters that one of the attackers appeared to be 13 to 15 years of age while the other was as young as 10.

Rhodes said police were checking school attendance for students who had been absent on Thursday and fit the descriptions provided by West.

"We are aware there is some speculation being circulated throughout the rumor mill," Rhodes said, without specifying what he was referring to. "However, let me assure you -- as I previously indicated -- that we are thoroughly investigating this case and we will not, I repeat, will not leave any stone unturned."

Asked if West herself was a suspect, he said, "We are not at liberty to discuss the intricacies of the investigation, as it could possibly damage it."

The baby was shot with a handgun, which has not been recovered, he said.

Though no one has reported seeing the shooting, several people called 911 after hearing it, he said.

"What we heard was that there was shots that went out in the area," Rhodes said. "Right now, we are not ruling anyone or anything out."

After stating that "there is no clear motive right now," the public information officer was asked about West's account of having been asked for money. "That is what the mother said," Rhodes said. "We as law enforcement, we can't go off of what anyone says. We have to thoroughly investigate this case."

Rhodes said crime is not common in the residential neighborhood where West said her child was shot. "It's a nice area, it's a clean area, it's an area where law-abiding citizens not only live, they also work and play.

"Much like every other city in these United States, from time to time we will have a glitch. Unfortunately, this happened here in Brunswick, Georgia."

Asked whether people in the neighborhood should fear for their safety, he said they should be alert and report any suspicious activity. "But no, they have no reason to live in fear," he added.

Meanwhile, investigators returned Friday to the crime scene. "We want to make sure we haven't overlooked anything," Rhodes said.

He said West has been cooperating with authorities.

"But why my little one?" asked Louis Santiago, the father, in an interview on Thursday with WAWS. "You know, you should have just taken the pocketbook and go."

Police have offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to the killer.

"This is obviously just a terrible day in the city of Brunswick," Mayor Bryan Thompson told reporters on Thursday, "and made even more terrible by the senseless killing of a young child. And it appears perpetrated by children themselves."

Chicago baby shot while dad changes diaper

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/22/us/geo...led/?hpt=hp_t2

Last edited by ironpig70; 03-22-2013 at 10:07 AM.
ironpig70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 40266
ooh. a hyperlink. cool

"For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"
paragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 98578
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
ooh. a hyperlink. cool
pot, meet kettle
Old 03-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 12557
Send a message via AIM to CaseyP Send a message via Yahoo to CaseyP
2 young boys shoot, kill Florida toddler | News - Home
Quote:
2 young boys shoot, kill Florida toddler
Infant's mother says boys demanded money before opening fire
Published On: Mar 22 2013 10:18:13 AM CDT

Print
Email

13-month-old Antonio Santiago

killed in Thursday's shooting.
BRUNSWICK, Ga. -

The mother of the 13-month-old shot and killed in Brunswick, Fla., on Thursday morning says they were confronted by two young boys who demanded money, then opened fire when she reached for her purse.

The Brunswick say they are continuing to search for two boys, believed to be between 10 and 15 years old, but are still investigating all options.

"We're not ruling anything or anyone out," a Brunswick police official said Friday morning.
Quick Clicks

Search continues for killer of Brunswick toddler

Sherry West The child, Antonio Santiago, died at the scene. West was taken to the Brunswick campus of the Southeast Georgia Health System with gunshot wounds She was back home Friday morning talking about the shooting.

West, the only witness to the shooting, described the shooter as a black male between 13 and 15 year old wearing a long sleeve red shirt, 5-feet 7-inches to 5-feet 9-inches tall, with curly hair last seen running east on London Street. Police said he was with a second boy, shorter and wearing a black shirt and who looked to be a couple of years younger.

Brunswick Police Chief Tobe Green said they had no motive in the shootings near the intersection of London and Ellis streets in the city's historic neighborhood.

"She is cooperating as fully as she can possibly cooperate, providing the best information that she has," said Thompson of West. "Given what she has gone through. She is, for right now, the only eyewitness we have."

Brunswick crime scene, stroller Police with automatic weapons went door-to-door in a 100-block area of Brunswick into the evening Thursday, searching for the two suspects who fired several times at Sherry West as she was walking her toddler in his stroller about 9:15 a.m. Thursday. Brunswick police are offering a $10,000 reward for "information leading to the arrest and conviction of the persons responsible for this horrific act."

"Mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, brother, sister, if you know something, bring young people in or call in the information," said Brunswick Mayor Bryan Thompson. "We need info. They will be caught, but we need help to get them off the street, and the help they need also."

Anyone with any information about the shooting is asked to call Brunswick Police Department's Silent Witness line at 912-267-5516 or the Glynn County Police Department's Silent Witness line at 912-264-1333. Information can also be emailed to bpdtips@brunswickpolice.org.

Community members spent Thursday evening in prayer. Whether hands lifted to heaven or on their face in humility, their request is for their community and the families affected Thursday.

Church members offered information to the God they believe knows all, sees all and can do all they ask.

"In this instance, as a parent myself, I ask God to give the mother peace, give the family strength, to help through this, a very difficult time," said Dee Rogers.

"Really, the issue is children," said Eddie. "We're worried about everything else, wars, but we're not really worried about what's going on at home."

"I will also pray for the families of the children that committed the crime, because that's hard as a parent," said Rogers. "You raised someone that would do something like this."

"You have child infancy, hasn't a chance to live life and this happens," continued Rogers. "Then, you have children perpetrating the crime."

Investigators say they have searched all day and into the night, in search of the people identified as the shooter.

In urging the community to help solve this case, Thompson said anyone who has information on the suspect and doesn't share it with police, in his mind, he considers them as guilty as the shooter, or shooters.

"If they have info, not giving info, they're complicit in this murder also," said Thompson. "Their finger on the trigger, as surely as shooter's finger on the trigger of the gun.

Thompson said he doesn't sense any discouragement.

"Right now, there's a mixture of exhaustion and hope," said Thompson. "We know we're going to catch the suspects, just a matter of time. We hope sooner than later."

Copyright 2013 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
[QUOTE=ndeepoffroad;12310146]A well rounded wheeler will be prepared to prepare a delicious meal after a day of quality wheeling. Shit man errbudy know dat. :shaking:[/QUOTE]
CaseyP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 6957
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
ooh. a hyperlink. cool

There read it
ironpig70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 109328
I'm actually beyond words on this one, all I can go with is fucking useless god damn mother fucker.

Derek
You don't need to take off the cover, just stick a screwdriver in that 50amp 240V plug under the panel while licking your fingers and touching the door of the panel. If your pecker rips through your jeans it's 3 phase.

Last edited by Ho Shorts; 03-22-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Ho Shorts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 65100
Send a message via Yahoo to rustywagoneersdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho Shorts View Post
I'm actually beyond words on this one, all I can go with is fucking useless god damn mother fucker.

Derek
I can see how you might feel that.

But what I get out of it is - laws cant keep you safe, prepare and equip yourself to defend yourself and your loved ones at any and all times.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 109328
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywagoneersdotcom View Post

But what I get out of it is - laws cant keep you safe, prepare and equip yourself to defend yourself and your loved ones at any and all times.
Thank you for helping me form a more clear rational thought. If this were virtual reality my post would have been me hitting walls and throwing shit, haven't been this worked up over something I read on here in a LONG time.

Derek
You don't need to take off the cover, just stick a screwdriver in that 50amp 240V plug under the panel while licking your fingers and touching the door of the panel. If your pecker rips through your jeans it's 3 phase.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 189403
Re: Baby shot and killed by teens in Georgia

Shootings involving elementary school kids weren't getting near the response the media had hoped for. Babies on the other hand...
They might be onto something...
Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by dsnelson91; 03-22-2013 at 10:18 AM.
dsnelson91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 547
would have we head one word if kid was shot with a bow and arrow?? nope..
Old 03-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 109328
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnelson91 View Post
Shootings involving elementary school kids weren't getting near the response the media had hoped for. Babies on the other hand...
They might be onto something...
And just exactly what is your fucking point?

Do you have kids? Someone pops a cap off in their face, would you not hope the media would get involved to try and catch them?

Seems an awful lot like your trying to troll and if that's the case I hope you someday experience what that mother is feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTMAN View Post
would have we head one word if kid was shot with a bow and arrow?? nope..
Sure about that? When is the last time someone walked up and offed a 13 month old that it didn't make the news? Hell I have watched stories of them beaten, tossed from cars, etc. and didn't even die in all cases. The media takes baby crimes pretty seriously (as they should)

Derek

Last edited by Ho Shorts; 03-22-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 57779
I'll place my bet now that these teens are in a gang.
nahmus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 943
Interesting how race never gets mentioned in these news articles. Even the victim has to be PC and not describe them as black.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahmus View Post
I'll place my bet now that these teens are in a gang.
I'll go one further and say this was required to get into a gang.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Interesting how race never gets mentioned in these news articles. Even the victim has to be PC and not describe them as black.
Might want to try reading a little.

"West, the only witness to the shooting, described the shooter as a black male between 13 and 15 year old wearing a long sleeve red shirt, 5-feet 7-inches to 5-feet 9-inches tall, with curly hair last seen running east on London Street. Police said he was with a second boy, shorter and wearing a black shirt and who looked to be a couple of years younger."
Old 03-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 64554
Quote:

Do you have kids? Someone pops a cap off in their face, would you not hope the media would get involved to try and catch them?

Seems an awful lot like your trying to troll and if that's the case I hope you someday experience what that mother is feeling.

Sure about that? When is the last time someone walked up and offed a 13 month old that it didn't make the news? Hell I have watched stories of them beaten, tossed from cars, etc. and didn't even die in all cases. The media takes baby crimes pretty seriously (as they should)

Derek
Emotional much?

You just wished a child that has nothing to do with this conversation would get shot.

Breathe for a minute. I think the guy you are responding to is pointing out how the media will stoop to any place to push anti gun sentiment. He's not wrong.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #17 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 57779
I'm sure Jackson and Sharpton are on the way to rally the community to catch these two worthless POS's
nahmus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 64230
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywagoneersdotcom View Post

This is exactly what I got out of it. Damn it... I may have to put my name down on the list now... I just cannot imagine something happening like this with my family... I would probably attack them unarmed in this situation and go out swinging out of pure rage.

Of course we don't have here to worry about but we do have the occasional tweaker.

Last edited by Evilwhitey; 03-22-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Evilwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumping View Post
Might want to try reading a little.

"West, the only witness to the shooting, described the shooter as a black male between 13 and 15 year old wearing a long sleeve red shirt, 5-feet 7-inches to 5-feet 9-inches tall, with curly hair last seen running east on London Street. Police said he was with a second boy, shorter and wearing a black shirt and who looked to be a couple of years younger."
My apologies...... the CNN story does not, which is the one I had read.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #20 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 40266
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJGreg5 View Post
pot, meet kettle
you're missing part of your brain, aren't you

"For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"
paragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 189403
Re: Baby shot and killed by teens in Georgia

Quote:

Im mean no disrespect to the mother, and that is a horrible thing to happen to anyone without a doubt.
What I meant was that I can see this blowing up into another "save the children from evil guns" story rather than focus on the cause, fucked up in the head kids who did it, possible gang relation etc.
The report I read had zero info on the shooters aside from being kids. No haircolor, race, height, etc that could actually help catch them. The mother had to have seen them...

dsnelson91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #22 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 109328
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkyTJ View Post
Emotional much?

You just wished a child that has nothing to do with this conversation would get shot.

Breathe for a minute. I think the guy you are responding to is pointing out how the media will stoop to any place to push anti gun sentiment. He's not wrong.
I can see how it came off that way, and for that I apologize. I was merely (in a failed attempt apparently) trying to make the guy think before he opened his mouth and I did the very same thing with my post

Yeah, I am fucking livid. I do owe you an apology DSNelson91 I was in no way wishing harm onto any one I simply went way above and beyond trying to prove my point.

Derek
Old 03-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #23 (permalink)
bearded lady

Member # 82435
Quote:
I can see how it came off that way, and for that I apologize. I was merely (in a failed attempt apparently) trying to make the guy think before he opened his mouth and I did the very same thing with my post

Yeah, I am fucking livid. I do owe you an apology DSNelson91 I was in no way wishing harm onto any one I simply went way above and beyond trying to prove my point.

Derek
It's tooooo late to apologiiiize, it's toooo late.....

Old 03-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #24 (permalink)
G_P

Member # 139985
Since they are minors I bet if they are caught they will be released either at age 18 or 21.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #25 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 109328
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_P View Post
Since they are minors I bet if they are caught they will be released either at age 18 or 21.
This is one of the reasons it got me so mad before I could think clearly, there is a VERY good chance of just that. Makes me fucking physically sick too.

Derek

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.