I will pay you $5000.00 if... - Page 6 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #126 (permalink)

Member # 45290
Send a message via AIM to BoneCrusher
Philadelphia is looking like a good market right now.

I just found a new job here in Philly and Im in the process of moving my family from Charlotte, NC.

Gotta go where the work is.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #127 (permalink)

Member # 82603
I know you said USA.

But you're all a little down.

So maybe check out the IT sector in the oilfield.

Shell is looking, Suncor and conocophillips.

Good luck.
Soup Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #128 (permalink)

Member # 17116
Send a message via Yahoo to lowbuck
Bump for the folks that have been busy with a JOB all week and dont get in here till the weekends...
Old 04-29-2013, 09:09 AM   #129 (permalink)

Member # 17116
Back up for a new week.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #130 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 38193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney77 View Post
He's holding out for a management position.

Holy shit! Missed this the first time.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #131 (permalink)

Member # 17116
Lol, yeah yeah...

I'm actually working for a consulting firm now to make sure the bills are paid... With that being said, yes I want my management level job back.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #132 (permalink)
bearded lady

Member # 82435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwzer2 View Post

Holy shit! Missed this the first time.
Wondered if anyone was gonna get it.

Buy my slide in camper:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/misc-...l#post28739457
Rooney77 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #133 (permalink)

Member # 97396
Can you give me a quick run down of your "requirements"

I understand that you want to be in management, is that because of the level of pay? Or is that because you don't want to actually be doing the work just managing the people.

What is the minimum salary you are willing to accept?
mikey_vegas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #134 (permalink)

Member # 17116
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey_vegas View Post
Can you give me a quick run down of your "requirements"

I understand that you want to be in management, is that because of the level of pay? Or is that because you don't want to actually be doing the work just managing the people.

What is the minimum salary you are willing to accept?
You have a PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:53 AM   #135 (permalink)
Dinkerdoodledoo

Member # 10448
Send a message via Yahoo to Grendel
What do you think of sales? As in application security sales?
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #136 (permalink)

Member # 40417
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbuck View Post
Cliffs:
$5000.00(US) if you are the person that helps me secure a new job. See below for details.

Details:
I have been seeking employment for a long time and am now getting desperate and about out of time. I have tried all the, Monster, LinkedIn, Indeed, Craigslist, Dice, type stuff with very little luck. Most of the time you don't even get an answer that the company you applied to even got the application/resume. Well, other then maybe the auto-email from the site you are using to apply from. I am a single parent with two kids that need to eat. Before you jump on the "go labor in the fields for minimum wage" train... I don't want to and is why I am offering the $5k for help. I want to find a job in my current field of IT/IS Management making close to my current salary rage. I am hoping for a min of $80k+ type position. My last position was at $130k. So that's the range I am looking for.

Here is the deal:

I will pay you $5000.00 (US) if you help me secure a new position anywhere in the USA. I currently live in Fresno, CA but I will quickly relocate for the right opportunity. You must be directly related in how I got the job. As in, you work at the same company or have a friend at the company that got my foot in the door, maybe you're in HR, or better yet, a hiring manager. The position must be a regular full time, permanent position that I choose to accept. I hold the right to reject any offer that I feel is not a good fit. Telling me to go signup at "whatever hidden job-board" does not qualify for a payment of the $5000.00. However I will chase down all leads. Also, I am too old to join the military and too ugly to be a manwhore, so those options are out.

I will pay the person that helped me land the job $5000.00(US) on the same day that I receive my first official paycheck from the new position.

This is not a scam of any kind. I know better then to try to pull some BS here in PBB. Especially since my details are posted below. I am not selling anything or asking for donations of any kind. As a matter of fact any donations will be rejected. This is a plain old offer of $5k to the person that helps me land a job as stated above. Period.

Parts of my resume below as I have pulled some details off so the BOT's don’t get me… PM me for the full resume.

INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PROFESSIONAL

Visionary and goal-oriented Technology Executive with a demonstrated record of success driving increases in productivity, profitability, and customer satisfaction in a broad range of business environments. Collaborative leader with entrepreneurial ‘can-do’ attitude and strategic management style that promotes alignment and delivers measurable results. Rich mix of business and technical acumen complement strengths in information, security, and facilities management. Confident setting strategic direction and leading enterprise-wide, multidisciplinary teams to exceed organizational goals.

CORE LEADERSHIP SKILLS

—Strategic Planning / Tactical Execution —Client Relations / Solutions Development —IT/Facilities Infrastructure Management
—Data Center Design & Construction —Outsourcing / Contract Negotiations —Startups / Consolidations
—Network Design & Implementation —Team Recruitment / Development —Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery
—Process Automation & Improvement —Cross-Functional Team Leadership —User Training & Help Desk Support
—Lean Manufacturing —Kaizen —5S Principles

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SERVICES & TECHNOLOGY/DIRECTOR OF SECURITY
***COMPANY REMOVED***., Fresno, CA 1/4/2011—12/15/12

Report directly to the CEO, overseeing, guiding, and managing Information Technology, Information Security, and physical security nation-wide to enhance mission-critical business operations and improve data and information flow for ***removed***he largest electronic waste recycler in the U.S. Challenged to consolidate disparate infrastructure environment and build an enterprise-wide technology platform to enable rapid company growth. Manage capital and operating budgets totaling ~$1M.

Developed organization structure, recruiting, selecting, and motivating team of 7 to execute against Information systems and Technology organizations and IS objectives.
Consolidated networks across 11 sites in 7 states, implementing nationwide MPLS network infrastructure and internetworking across all facilities. Developed and deployed audio conference, video conference, VoIP, and e-mail solutions.
o Delivered a VMware virtualized server environment, with build-out capacity of 11 terabytes—building 31 servers with disaster recovery plans.
o Instituted IT governance and change management processes, utilizing all in-house technology and programming.
Deployed Paylocity and time clocks, as part of HRIS solution, ensuring accurate labor tracking of 600 employees nationwide.
Reduced costs by ~$600k annually by building technology and systems capability in-house and negotiating contract terminations with professional service providers.
Planned and deployed desktop replacement program, reducing/recycling 160 workstations and implementing 94 Citrix/thin clients. Realized $40k in savings in 2011.

DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
***COMPANY REMOVED***.,, Hollister, CA 2001—1/4/2011

Reported to the CEO, leading the strategic direction and day-to-day operations of IT and facilities operations across 7 U.S. states for ***COMPANY REMOVED***., —a pyrotechnics manufacturing company. Designed, developed, and maintained all in-house technologies and systems, and managed 24-hour, site-wide physical and electronic security. Challenged to start up U.S. organization—and shut it down 10 years later. Led the construction and IT infrastructure deployment of a new 15-acre, multi-building Corporate facility establishing a strong U.S. presence for this Japanese-owned, start-up company founded in 2000.
Led the on-time and on-budget relocation project for the manufacturing and administrative facilities to a new Corporate location, transitioning all IT infrastructure equipment with no major interruptions or downtime.
Selected, procured, and deployed a variety of enterprise-wide technology solutions including MAPICS Pivot Point, Point Man ERP, and Citrix systems.
Spearheaded the research, evaluation, and deployment of Cisco AVVID Voice over IP telephony solution across multiple locations, resulting in significant cost savings.
Reduced costs and company dependence on consultants by building and managing all IT services in-house including e-mail, IP-based video surveillance and VoIP.
Championed the deployment of VPN across multiple locations, migrating successfully to SSL-VPN 1 year later.
Managed the sale, donation, and/or disposal of all computer, manufacturing, and office equipment/furniture following decision to move operations to Monterrey, Mexico.

INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY / FACILITIES MANAGER
***COMPANY REMOVED***.,,, Fremont, CA 2000—2001
Selected to lead the strategic direction of MIS and facilities operations for locations across 5 states for ***COMPANY REMOVED***.,, —an integrated e-Business solutions provider that serves mid-sized companies. Selected, supervised, and managed professional development for IT and facilities staff. Performed all aspects of network administration—monitoring and tracking performance of enterprise-wide network. Spearheaded the design and development of a multi-server data center, with disaster recovery systems balancing short-term operating needs with projected long-term company growth.
Defined and developed all departmental procedures, creating and implementing performance measures and tracking system.
Developed and implemented a Web-based help desk, improving productivity and customer satisfaction.
Championed migration of server environment from Windows NT to 2000 Active Directory, and from Exchange 5.5 to 2000.

PREVIOUS CAREER EXPERIENCE

FOUNDER/OWNER/TELECOMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANT, ***COMPANY REMOVED*** , Redwood City, CA (1997—2000)
FIELD ENGINEER—***COMPANY REMOVED*** , San Carlos, CA (1992—1996)

TECHNICAL SKILLS SUMMARY

PLATFORMS: Network Operating Systems: Windows Servers NT, 2000, 2003 R2,2008 R2, Windows Exchange Server 2000/2003/2010, Citrix XenApp 6.5, VMWare ESX/vSphere v4x/5x, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity VoIP solutions, ShoreTel VoIP solutions, Barracuda SPAM, Email Security.
Enterprise Software: Exchange 2010/2003/2000/5.5, Symantec Enterprise Anti-Virus, Ghost, Symantec Backup Exec, Sonicwall Firewalls, SSL VPN, Dell Appasure
Client Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows platforms (7, Vista, XP, 2000, ME, 98, 95)
TOOLS: Active Directory and GPOs, Veritas Backup Exec, Adobe Product Suite, Symantec Ghost, Acroness, Dell OpenManager, IIS Server 4/5,Intuit TrackIT Helpdesk, PRTG, Samba, CyBlock Proxy. MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint MS Project) Point Man ERP,
NETWORKING: MPLS, LAN, WAN, WLAN, VoIP, VPN, SSL VPN, TCP/IP, ISDN, PBX Systems
If that is your resume, I see why you haven't got any bites. My personal opinion as someone with a masters in IT security says so. What's your formal educational background? Certs? The 50,000ft level descriptions of the stuff you did at the places you've been reads like some lousy salesmans resume, trying to "puff" evey last detail and milk it for all its worth. I mean for fuck sakes you list MS Office as one or your core skills? Can you type too? $80-130k? Not in todays job market (though I can't speak for your redicilous cost of living and wages there). Just cause you made that in the past dosen't mean you are entitled to it now

Last edited by FlexyTJ; 04-29-2013 at 10:12 AM.
FlexyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #137 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 212988
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexyTJ View Post
If that is your resume, I see why you haven't got any bites. My personal opinion as someone with a masters in IT security says so. What's your formal educational background? Certs? The 50,000ft level descriptions of the stuff you did at the places you've been reads like some lousy salesmans resume, trying to "puff" evey last detail and milk it for all its worth. I mean for fuck sakes you list MS Office as one or your core skills? Can you type too? $80-130k? Not in todays job market (though I can't speak for your redicilous cost of living and wages there). Just cause you made that in the past dosen't mean you are entitled to it now
Little butt hurt Mr. Masters in IT security! LOL You must be paying 250K in loans and making 75K a year. 80-130K is attainable in a lot of markets just got an unsolicited offer friday for 100K+ and Im not even looking.
HankScorpi0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #138 (permalink)

Member # 40417
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77bawls View Post
California's economy is dead too they just don't know it yet.
Typical head in the sand, out of touch with reality. I would have never guessed or suspected cali
Old 04-29-2013, 10:38 AM   #139 (permalink)

Member # 40417
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankScorpi0 View Post
Little butt hurt Mr. Masters in IT security! LOL You must be paying 250K in loans and making 75K a year. 80-130K is attainable in a lot of markets just got an unsolicited offer friday for 100K+ and Im not even looking.
Go fuck youself you newb troll.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #140 (permalink)
Sarcasm fails me

Member # 174037
craigslist | about > craigslist is hiring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
Given the amount of time you have your head up your ass, I'm quite sure you recognise an asshole when you see one.
will12785 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #141 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 212988
Quote:
Go fuck youself you newb troll.
Must have hit a soft spot

Masters in IT security LOL busy writing legal disclaimers and approving websites?

Last edited by HankScorpi0; 04-29-2013 at 10:55 AM.
HankScorpi0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #142 (permalink)
The Opinionated One

Member # 111030
PM sent.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #143 (permalink)

Member # 75114
Quote:
Originally Posted by will12785 View Post
:homer:
keeptahoewhite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2013, 08:47 PM   #144 (permalink)

Member # 17116
Quote:
Wow... So angry and so many assumptions in a single reply. I think I typed and erased probably 10 different "PBB worthy" replies towards your anger. In the end I decided on:

Thank you for your critique and opinion.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:24 PM   #145 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 10736
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbuck View Post
Wow... So angry and so many assumptions in a single reply. I think I typed and erased probably 10 different "PBB worthy" replies towards your anger. In the end I decided on:

Thank you for your critique and opinion.
I have never been good at resume writing so I hired a pro and it made a huge difference. Part of what I got help with was communicating my strengths so that people other than me understood what they are. I didn't see strengths worthy of a $100k in your first post.

You seem to think you have the strengths, so you probably do.
masonmachines is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #146 (permalink)

Member # 17116
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonmachines View Post
I have never been good at resume writing so I hired a pro and it made a huge difference. Part of what I got help with was communicating my strengths so that people other than me understood what they are. I didn't see strengths worthy of a $100k in your first post.

You seem to think you have the strengths, so you probably do.
Well I like to "think" I do. . As I said in a few other parts of the thread I am not married to the resume. If I was scared of change or suggestions I sure as hell wouldn't have posted on Pirate.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #147 (permalink)

Member # 97396
Where you at low buck? Hooked you up with a phone interview with a man that can get you a job, you no answer!
Sent you an email.
mikey_vegas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2013, 08:29 PM   #148 (permalink)
Hophead

Member # 4829
Send a message via AIM to Joe_W
Are you qualified to be a network admin/network architect for a large specialty retailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin
The vagina doubles as a neat little fanny pack.
Joe_W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.