veteran in battle over U.S., Marine Corps flags - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 85205
veteran in battle over U.S., Marine Corps flags

Fawk

GRIFFIN, Ga. -

A combat veteran says he's been inundated with support in his battle with his community management over a patriotic display outside his home.

As FOX 5 reported on Monday, retired Marine Captain Jim Lowe has been told to take down either his American flag for the Marine Corps colors that are displayed outside his home in the Sun City community in Griffin.

Last week, on his 73rd birthday Capt. Lowe received a letter saying he was in violation of the community's codes and covenants, which clearly state that each home can only have one flag. Lowe faces a fine of up to $25 a day. But Capt. Lowe contends it is not a flag.

"I don't consider it a flag," Lowe said. "Most people don't. You talk to any Marine. Those are the colors. That is the flag."

Since the story aired, Lowe said he's been deluged with emails and calls from people expressing their support.

"I didn't realize I had so many friends," Lowe said.

His long list of supporters includes some neighbors.

"A lot of retired military people [live here]. I honor the fact they are respect the fact they want to fly their military flags. said Suzie Brigden.

An on-site manager said that the board of directors and legal counsel will review the code that states only one flag per home. If there are any changes, they will communicate that with the community.

Lowe says it doesn't matter what the board decides, he's standing his ground.

"Worse came to worse and I ran out of alternatives, there would be a for sale sign out there before the American flag and my Marine colors came down," Lowe said.
Support grows for veteran in battle over U.S., Marine Corps flag - Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5

Last edited by F2504x4; 07-30-2013 at 06:55 PM.
F2504x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Iskish Isuba

Member # 181276
When you live in communities like that, you sign an agreement to abide by their rules, same as with an HOA. Fucking nazi bastards.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 223811
He needs to sue for harassment.
Red93yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 85205
If this is what he is flying then it is not a flag...

Organizational Battle Colors

Each unit in the Corps of battalion-size or larger also hold an organizational color (which makes up the unit's colors along with the national flag). It is usually identical to the Marine Corps battle color, though the scroll will have the unit's name instead of "United States Marine Corps". It will also bear the streamers authorized to the unit, or scarlet and gold tassels if none are authorized.

Last edited by F2504x4; 07-30-2013 at 07:07 PM.
F2504x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 117771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red93yj View Post
Why because HE CHOSE TO MOVE INTO THAT NEIGHBORHOOD? Should have read the fine print before signing on the dotted line. I'm tired of people sticking up for those who fail to read the fine print and their binding contract. That's what is wrong with America, it's always someone else's problem.

And just to help stupid he may want to do some research. Florida for example has flag laws that supersede HOA. You can fly an American Flag on a 20' maximum flag pole in your front yard regardless of HOA rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk tank
as long as she doesnt have a STD, I would slam that ass like a screen door in a hurricane!
montecarlo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Iskish Isuba

Member # 181276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red93yj View Post
Why? It's a private community and he signed an agreement.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 7647
Quote:
Originally Posted by montecarlo31 View Post
Why because HE CHOSE TO MOVE INTO THAT NEIGHBORHOOD? Should have read the fine print before signing on the dotted line. I'm tired of people sticking up for those who fail to read the fine print and their binding contract. That's what is wrong with America, it's always someone else's problem.

And just to help stupid he may want to do some research. Florida for example has flag laws that supersede HOA. You can fly an American Flag on a 20' maximum flag pole in your front yard regardless of HOA rules.
Crap, it's twice this week that I agree with Florida boy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Sniper Fab
4x4Oil SBwinVPS Custom Splice C2GFab
apeters89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
1down4up

Member # 127999

94 ex cab..2rz..RUF..5.71s lockright/spool
66..mustang..BOSS 351..t-5..9inch..
shiftrider66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 53528
Quote:

the fed gov should pass a fed law superseding all state laws that says veterans can fly flags of the unit/squad/etc etc they were part of, they have plenty of other dumb fuck fed laws about time they make a good one.
rockyota83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 117771
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeters89 View Post

We're fawked the world is going to spin backwards now.
Quote:
as long as she doesnt have a STD, I would slam that ass like a screen door in a hurricane!
Old 07-30-2013, 07:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 117771
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyota83 View Post
the fed gov should pass a fed law superseding all state laws that says veterans can fly flags of the unit/squad/etc etc they were part of, they have plenty of other dumb fuck fed laws about time they make a good one.
until that happen he needs to take that down. Sorry he made the decision not you, not me.
Quote:
Old 07-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 102673
Quote:

Is it impossible to think they change or amended the rules after he moved there?

[QUOTE=Elvis38;12984006]Condoms. They may be worth more than bling. Nodoby wants a kid with Zombie hookers.[/QUOTE]
GreenTaco4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Hophead

Member # 4829
Send a message via AIM to Joe_W
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTaco4x4 View Post
Is it impossible to think they change or amended the rules after he moved there?
then he should have worked to prevent the rule change, he still agreed to live in a community where those rules do/can exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin
The vagina doubles as a neat little fanny pack.
Joe_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 71528
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeters89 View Post

Fuck that, it is a texan.
sparkmechanic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 117771
Quote:
I doubt it. Possible but I doubt it. If they did he might have more of a leg to stand on and I'm sure he would be screaming about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_W View Post
then he should have worked to prevent the rule change, he still agreed to live in a community where those rules do/can exist
X2. Again, I doubt it was amended, can you pull the HOA rules from the local courthouse like you can in FL? Might make for some good reading.
Quote:
Old 07-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 102673
Quote:
then he should have worked to prevent the rule change true and maybe he did maybe he didn't, he still agreed to live in a community where those rules do/can exist are you suggesting that if a new rule is put into place that you disagree with you should just up and move without putting up a fight? Maybe he is doing this to bring attention to the rule that some stay at home bitch made because she is an over controlling suckubus asshole
See above

[QUOTE=Elvis38;12984006]Condoms. They may be worth more than bling. Nodoby wants a kid with Zombie hookers.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 53528
Quote:
until that happen he needs to take that down. Sorry he made the decision not you, not me.
he doesnt "need" to do shit, following stupid laws is about as smart as breaking them.
rockyota83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 102673
Quote:
I doubt it. Possible but I doubt it. If they did he might have more of a leg to stand on and I'm sure he would be screaming about it.
Like telling the local news station?

Old 07-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 117771
Quote:
Like telling the local news station?
*IF* that was the case I'm sure he might just mention that when he was talking to the new station unless oh wait....that was the rule when he moved in.
Quote:
Old 07-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
Hophead

Member # 4829
Quote:
See above
back to the earlier point, any proof that the rules were changed like you are adamantly suggesting?

Quote:
Old 07-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 117771
Quote:
back to the earlier point, any proof that the rules were changed like you are adamantly suggesting?
Joe you better STFU before we start agreeing.
Quote:
Old 07-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 102673
Quote:
*IF* that was the case I'm sure he might just mention that when he was talking to the new station unless oh wait....that was the rule when he moved in.
And reporters never have to cut anything for airtime/article length? Same for the next 2 chops at least before it hits the public.

Quote:
Any proof that he moved in and knowingly broke them?

Old 07-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 19856
Its sun city. They will fine you if your bark is faded. He should have known he was buying into a communism.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
Hophead

Member # 4829
Quote:
And reporters never have to cut anything for airtime/article length? Same for the next 2 chops at least before it hits the public.

Any proof that he moved in and knowingly broke them?

But Capt. Lowe contends it is not a flag.

"I don't consider it a flag," Lowe said. "Most people don't. You talk to any Marine. Those are the colors. That is the flag."

He's not arguing he didn't know the rules, he's not arguing the rules are new, he's arguing the rules don't apply to him

Quote:
Old 07-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #25 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 117771
Quote:
But Capt. Lowe contends it is not a flag.

He's not arguing he didn't know the rules, he's not arguing the rules are new, he's arguing the rules don't apply to him
Get out of here with your logic. This is pirate.
Quote: