So now a Wii controler is a gun? Overbear get your ass in here. - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2014, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 19857
So now a Wii controler is a gun? Overbear get your ass in here.

Euharlee (GA) Female Cop Summarily Executes Christopher Roupe; “Armed” With Nintendo Controller.

Euharlee (GA) Female Cop Summarily Executes Christopher Roupe; “Armed” With Nintendo Controller | The OP-NAT EYE

EUHARLEE, GA — A 17-year-old young man set to graduate high school in a few months and join the Marines, is now dead because a cop felt a Nintendo Wii controller was threatening.

This horrific murder took place around 7:35 p.m. this past Friday night in Euharlee – a small town of about 4,000 residents in Northwest Georgia. A press release by Euharlee cops says two of their employees showed up at 937 Euharlee Road, Lot 5 to “serve probation violation warrants.” Cops said Mr. Christopher “Bubba” Roupe, 17, and who was not the subject of the warrants, “opened the door with a hand gun pointed at” them.

The female cop at the scene fired a single bullet into Mr. Roupe’s chest. The Daily Tribune News reported that the young man survived the initial shot, but bled to death waiting for paramedics to arrive. Both the killer cop and the one accompanying her were rewarded for the kill with paid vacations, aka “paid administrative leave.”

Family Speaks out

Renee Vance, the aunt of Mr. Roupe, left a lengthy comment on another websites forum in regards to the murder of her nephew. Mr. Roupe apparently had a Wii controller in his hand because he was getting ready to watch a movie when the cops showed up. He asked “who is it?” when the cops knocked on the door, but nobody responded, according to Vance.

The female cop already had her gun drawn when Mr. Roupe opened the door and gave him no warning to drop the [controller]. The 13-year-old sister of Mr. Roupe, who was crying, went to hug and/or comfort her dying brother when the female cop pointed the gun at her and told her to “shut up.”

Typical U.S. police state protocols are now being followed. An autopsy is being performed to “determine the cause of death” even though we already know a police thug’s bullet ended this young man’s life. The kangaroo “investigation” is being handled by the Georgia Bureau of Investigations. Expect the inevitable “justified” disposition within a month or so.

A Facebook page has been set up by Mr. Roupe’s family to honor their beloved son, brother and friend. Our thoughts are with the Roupe family.

Facebook page here

Nothing but a bunch of thugs with guns.
Lawless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 12:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 110672
Wow, that's not a sensationalizing(?) article.

Who answers the door acting like they are pointing a gun at someone? Something seems off.
Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not;Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men w/ talent.Genius will not;Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.Education will not:The world is full of educated derelicts.Persistence & determination alone are omnipotent.-C.Coolidge
Toms97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 12:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 36317
Send a message via AIM to Numidian
Why the hell did she already have her gun drawn? That can't be SOP....

I'm about done with this crap.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 42720
Wtf yeah those look real

THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT NOTHING

www.helmutwatches.com
ChaseYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 12:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 117969
Ban Wii controllers.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 36317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms97ZJ View Post
Wow, that's not a sensationalizing(?) article.

Who answers the door acting like they are pointing a gun at someone? Something seems off.
Maybe he was playing Wii and was still navigating a menu or something as he opened the door. He'd probably have his elbow at a 90* angle if he was using the controller. Which apparently would be reason enough to kill him
Old 02-19-2014, 12:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 28604
Quote:
Originally Posted by -jb- View Post
Ban Wii controllers.
The only 'common sense' answer to preventing these types of horrific tragedies.
Rerock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 66684
Cant those things blow up trains and shoot down aairplanes
2big bronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 12:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 66259
Doesn't really look like marine material...
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 6957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numidian View Post

They were serving a warrant.
ironpig70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 124676
Quote:

You're taking the word of a household that has at least one criminal in it. Not saying the popo was right or actually felt threatened but something doesn't add up.

Shitty part about this is, you can't trust what these people say and you can't trust what the cops say. That's why I'm a firm supporter of placing a small video/sound recorder on every cops gun. If said device fails, for any reason, the cop is fired on the spot and the shooting goes to trail.
f3arn0fj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 12:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 9144
Send a message via AIM to DozerDan
while I think her actions were totally wrong, I have a feeling the weapon drawn and reaction may have been in part to this...

937 Euharlee Road, Lot 5 to “serve probation violation warrants.

Does not sound like your white collar neighborhood.

Still not acceptable action though.

Fear is not an option!
DozerDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 12:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 36317
Quote:
Originally Posted by f3arn0fj View Post
You're taking the word of a household that has at least one criminal in it. Not saying the popo was right or actually felt threatened but something doesn't add up.

Shitty part about this is, you can't trust what these people say and you can't trust what the cops say. That's why I'm a firm supporter of placing a small video/sound recorder on every cops gun. If said device fails, for any reason, the cop is fired on the spot and the shooting goes to trail.
I'd to give them all the camera glasses... That way they can't throw a punch as well as shoot without the camera seeing the target.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:03 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 59753
He had a higher score on the game than the cop did so the bitch shot him.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 42720
Quote:
I'd to give them all the camera glasses... That way they can't throw a punch as well as shoot without the camera seeing the target.
Glasses can be taken off or "accidentally" knocked off, put the camera in the bage on the front of their uniform directly in their line of sight.

THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT NOTHING

www.helmutwatches.com
ChaseYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 01:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Who took my cake?

Member # 120626
I gotta go back to the old saying....If anyone else shot someone who was armed with a Wii remote, they would be a menace and people in the community would be wanting their head on a stake.

Just because you carry a badge does NOT give you the right to be trigger happy. In fact, its kind of the opposite.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mechanicalmongoose20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 01:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Hophead

Member # 4829
Send a message via AIM to Joe_W
Quote:
hat cameras are getting popular around here.

That article was stupidly sensational but googling and reading other articles it sure sounds like a bad shoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin
The vagina doubles as a neat little fanny pack.
Joe_W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 01:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 116537
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmongoose20 View Post
I gotta go back to the old saying....If anyone else shot someone who was armed with a Wii remote, they would be a menace and people in the community would be wanting their head on a stake.

Just because you carry a badge does NOT give you the right to be trigger happy. In fact, its kind of the opposite.
Not anyone else is tasked with serving warrants to criminals.

I'm taking with a grain of salt for the moment the story of the family with the criminal being served a warrant for probation violations.

Still, very sad. And, the cops do have some serious fucking explaining to do. I'm not saying what they did was OK, just the story is not necessarily reliable.
emiller22207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 01:54 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 57128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms97ZJ View Post
Maybe this guy has a theory about it:
Supposedly, he opened the door with a >< gun and in my opinion I think he was playing a game with his neighborhood buddies,” said Yates.

Maybe he thought it was friends, and wanted to mess with them and open the door with it pointing at them. Pretty common thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseYJ View Post
Wtf yeah those look real
How about this one?

or this one?
Yota Up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 02:06 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 17378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Up View Post

or this one?
If you point one of those at a cop while they are serving a warrant, yeah, you're gonna get shot.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:23 PM   #21 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 20114
Send a message via AIM to Overbear
Quote:
Originally Posted by -jb- View Post
Ban LEO.
FIFY,

I am going to get the usual from the idiots here "you sound like a broken record"

BUT

When the fuck are the rest of you going to wake up and realize, there is a war going in the US, and its the LEO Vs. Citizens, and we need to start shooing the fucking cops the moment they come to our homes.

“Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.”-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814,

Quote:
When I'm the voice of reason, it's a pretty good indication that someone's doing it wrong.
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 02:23 PM   #22 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 19857
Mr. Roupe apparently had a Wii controller in his hand because he was getting ready to watch a movie when the cops showed up.

This would make me believe it was just a run of the mill controller. I would imagine that if it was a gun type the cops would have their own version of the story out now complete with pics of the controller.
Lawless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 02:24 PM   #23 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 20114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Up View Post
Maybe this guy has a theory about it:
Supposedly, he opened the door with a >< gun and in my opinion I think he was playing a game with his neighborhood buddies,” said Yates.

Maybe he thought it was friends, and wanted to mess with them and open the door with it pointing at them. Pretty common thing.

How about this one?

or this one?
Toys, and anyone ANYONE with even a 1/4 brain can see it in a 1/10th of a second.

“Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.”-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814,

Quote:
When I'm the voice of reason, it's a pretty good indication that someone's doing it wrong.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:25 PM   #24 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Maybe he was playing Wii and was still navigating a menu or something as he opened the door. He'd probably have his elbow at a 90* angle if he was using the controller. Which apparently would be reason enough to kill him
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiller22207 View Post
Not anyone else is tasked with serving warrants to criminals.

I'm taking with a grain of salt for the moment the story of the family with the criminal being served a warrant for probation violations.

Still, very sad. And, the cops do have some serious fucking explaining to do. I'm not saying what they did was OK, just the story is not necessarily reliable.
Hell, I'd take that infamitory piece of yellow journalism with a bucket of salt.
No way should anyone form any conclusions based on that article.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.

Quote:
Salesmen and women. God sells to the ignorant.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2014, 02:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 20114
Quote:
Originally Posted by f3arn0fj View Post
You're taking the word of a household that has at least one criminal in it.
And yet the are still more reliable and trustworthy than a fucking LEO.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.