Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum (/forum/)
-   General Chit-Chat (http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/24-general-chit-chat/)
-   -   Where do you throw your bagged dog shit while walking your dog? (http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-chit-chat/1663425-where-do-you-throw-your-bagged-dog-shit-while-walking-your-dog.html)

kc8ksg 03-11-2014 05:24 AM

No dog or neighborhood, however if I were in that situation I'd carry it to a public trash can or take it home.

I'm sure some people don't mind if you put it in their trash can, but others do, it's their trash can and not mine so I wouldn't use it.

It isn't about "it's only..." or "what's the big deal because..." or however else you justify it, it's respecting someone elses property. They didn't choose for you to have a dog, so it's your job to take it home, or to a public trash can.

Screwzer2 03-11-2014 05:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 01Tundra (Post 24582297)
City folk problems.....my dogs shit in the woods, no bags required :flipoff2:

This.

LeadfootCJ7 03-11-2014 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRTDEVL (Post 24577881)
I am the lone dissenter, because:

a. I carry my dog shit all the way home.
b. I don't leave my can at the curb long enough for others to add to its use.

This. Where I live, the city code calls for the trashcan to be put up in a secure place out of site (backyard or garage).

dcorn 03-11-2014 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01Tundra (Post 24582297)
City folk problems.....my dogs shit in the woods, no bags required :flipoff2:

Yup, was great when I was a kid. The dog either shit in the woods when he was out of his pen, or shit behind his house in the pen, which was shoveled into the woods.

Now I'm in the city and about to get a dog. I'm not looking forward to picking up anyone's shit :( At least I can dump it in any city trash can that may be around.

Priest 03-11-2014 05:56 AM

carry it home. If my walking route is such that I'll be passing that spot later in the walk, I'll bag it, set it in the gutter and pick it up on the return trip.

Screwzer2 03-11-2014 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest (Post 24582737)
carry it home. If my walking route is such that I'll be passing that spot later in the walk, I'll bag it, set it in the gutter and pick it up on the return trip.

I HATE that! Nothing like taking a stroll and seeing a line of steaming dog shit bags along the route.:shaking:

Priest 03-11-2014 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Screwzer2 (Post 24582793)
I HATE that! Nothing like taking a stroll and seeing a line of steaming dog shit bags along the route.:shaking:

I try to leave it out of sight (under a bush or something) and usually pick it up with in 20 minutes of setting it there.

usmcdoc14 03-11-2014 06:26 AM

if you are going to use my trash can for the shit of your animal then you can walk to my mailbox and leave a dollar to cover the fact I am paying for your disposal.

This applies to any trash, not just the crap of the animal that you chose to take care of.

DRM 03-11-2014 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1990GT50 (Post 24577617)
Do these fools expect people to carry shit for a few miles? .

You seem to have a perspective issue.

Whose feces is it? Where does YOUR feces belong? Whose problem is it howfar you have to carry YOUR feces?

Presuming to be able to place your dog's feces wherever you want makes you the problem.

87manche 03-11-2014 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc8ksg (Post 24582369)
No dog or neighborhood, however if I were in that situation I'd carry it to a public trash can or take it home.

I'm sure some people don't mind if you put it in their trash can, but others do, it's their trash can and not mine so I wouldn't use it.

It isn't about "it's only..." or "what's the big deal because..." or however else you justify it, it's respecting someone elses property. They didn't choose for you to have a dog, so it's your job to take it home, or to a public trash can.

once trash bags hit the curb they belong to the city.

LucasFury 03-11-2014 06:50 AM

Man, some of you nerds are fucking silly. :laughing:
I hope I get the chance to personally take a shit in at least one of your garbage cans one day. :laughing:

LucasFury 03-11-2014 06:52 AM

From the original thread that this spun-off of-

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucasFury (Post 24580505)

Dear everyone, PLEASE utilize my receptacles as often as needed if it means your garbage and your dogs' shit isn't all over the street, sidewalk, my yard, or my neighbors yard. DO IT EVERY GODDAMN DAY FOR ALL I CARE. I will gladly continue paying my garbage bill and occasionally splashing some bleach in there and leaving the lid open during a storm if it means that you'll quit being lazy shit-and-run litterbug dinguses.
Thanks,
LF

spork2367 03-11-2014 06:54 AM

Your dog, your shit, your problem.

*edit

As some of you have pointed out "it's in a plastic bag"...If it's in a plastic bag, why not carry it home and throw it in your own garbage can?

Screwzer2 03-11-2014 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spork2367 (Post 24583593)
Your dog, your shit, your problem.

My dog has been emancipated.:flipoff2:

Joe_W 03-11-2014 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Screwzer2 (Post 24583625)

free at last, free at last :flipoff2:

Sue 03-11-2014 06:57 AM

I don't understand why people can't just carry the bag with them? I could understand if you are out jogging many miles with your dog, but just walking? That would piss me off if someone threw their bag in my garbage and it broke open when I put a heavy trash bag in there.

B.A.R.K 03-11-2014 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haole (Post 24579721)
However, as a plus, when it's chilly, the bag makes a great handwarmer.

:shudder: :laughing:
Quote:

Originally Posted by 44Runner (Post 24579833)
If cans are on the curb I have no issues throwing a bagged poop in somebody else's can. If cans aren't out I carry home.

This. I don't mind if someone else uses my trash can for the same reason. That little bag of poop barely takes up the voids that my trash bags create.
Quote:

Originally Posted by abig84 (Post 24580153)
technically i dont care cause i dont go over there but the mower will squish it up and then my shed smells like ass, literally.

so in my case i would love for them to put it in my can cause thats where i end up putting it

I care if they leave dog shit in my yard, because I usually end up stepping in it when mowing. It's like a magnet to my shoes. I have a large easement along the front of my property, and most dog walkers think it is the city's property. When I notice them, I talk to them and explain that I have to pick up their dogs shit. They usually understand, but most don't come back. The problem is compounded when other dogs smell the shit and want to add their crap on top.

I often recall the old bacon grease trick I read about on here, but I use that for cooking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcdoc14 (Post 24583177)
if you are going to use my trash can for the shit of your animal then you can walk to my mailbox and leave a dollar to cover the fact I am paying for your disposal.

This applies to any trash, not just the crap of the animal that you chose to take care of.

As I am walking I see lots of random trash on the ground. Batteries, pieces of plastic, metal shards, and I think it looks shitty. I don't want my kid (or others) picking it up, so if it just so happens to be in front of your house and your trash can is at the street. You're welcome:D

fullsize80cherokee 03-11-2014 07:03 AM

City dumpster in the ally crew checking in, I wouldn't give a
Fuck.

spork2367 03-11-2014 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Screwzer2 (Post 24583625)

Does he live with you more than 6 months out of the year? Have you claimed him as a dependent?....:flipoff2:

GonPostal 03-11-2014 07:31 AM

If the trash can is out to the curb for pick up and someone wants to dump a bag of dog shit in it, I could really care less. It's a fawkin trash can! The trashman is going to pick it up and haul it all away.

Better in my trash can, than on my lawn or bushes...

Besides, I don't stand vigil over my trashcan...

jensenkennels 03-11-2014 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Screwzer2 (Post 24582593)
This.

I'm tempted to start a thread - Bump this every time Screwy posts the same picture of his dog.

Joe_W 03-11-2014 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jensenkennels (Post 24584329)
I'm tempted to start a thread - Bump this every time Screwy posts the same picture of his dog.

first time I've seen that one

kimbob101 03-11-2014 07:35 AM

I've never even considered this scenario before. :laughing: I guess things REALLY are that different between the city and the country.

IMHO, I think all of one's doggie waste should either go in a public receptacle, or your own. Don't get me wrong, I see the mega convenience factor of using someone else's - but at the end of the day, it's not yours to use. It's someone else's. They pay for it, and they might not want it reeking of shit (the bag could always bust or leak). Poop can stink just as bad as roadkill, and I'm sure no one wants a passerby-er to drop a dead squirrel in their can just to get it out of the middle of the road. (Slightly different scenario, but still.) I don't want your kids' dirty diaper, rancid milk, or sticky juice box in my trash can either.

I don't want anyone lifting the lid on my trash can (without permission), period. Who knows what they are up to! Trying to steal my identity maybe? Crazier shit has happened. Bottom line - that is my can. It's my property filled with my junk mail, my kitchen scraps, my bathroom trash, etc. etc. Get yer nose out of my crap! And if I have trash in my yard (rarely the case, as I'm constantly picking it up when I see it) I'll take care of that myself, thankyouverymuch.

*EDIT* In my best old lady voice: Get off mah lawn!! :flipoff2:

usmcdoc14 03-11-2014 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.A.R.K (Post 24583697)
As I am walking I see lots of random trash on the ground. Batteries, pieces of plastic, metal shards, and I think it looks shitty. I don't want my kid (or others) picking it up, so if it just so happens to be in front of your house and your trash can is at the street. You're welcome:D

I don't care about your kids and I don't care what you think of my yard :D
If I wanted you to clean up my yard I would ask or I would hand you a fucking rake :flipoff2:

Snowbird13 03-11-2014 07:56 AM

I could care less if someone dropped it in my can if my can is at the curb. Pretty sure my wife brings it home with her when she walks the dog, bit I would drop it someone's can if it was full and curbside.

Some of you people worry too much.