Scumbag that killed deputy in Montana - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2017, 07:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 5639
Scumbag that killed deputy in Montana

so this guy and his kid got stopped near 3 Forks, MT and shot and killed the officer. No one knew about it until he didnt check back in with dispatch. Found the deputy dead on the side of the road.

So anyways this scum has quite a record:

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/...own-helicopter

Quote:
Before he was accused of this week’s fatal shooting of a Montana sheriff’s deputy, an antigovernment extremist was involved in an eerily similar high-speed chase and gunfight with officers in California that included downing a police helicopter.

Lloyd Barrus was sentenced to 15 years in prison after pleading guilty to assaulting police officers during the March 17, 2000, standoff that lasted 18 hours and included a 70-mile gunfire chase on the Nevada-California border.

Now, the 61-year-old Barrus, who has lived in Bakersfield, California, faces deliberate homicide and other charges for firing at pursuing police following the fatal shooting of Broadwater County Sheriff’s Deputy Mason Moore, 42, on Tuesday near Three Forks, Montana.

In the past 17-years, some of it behind prison bars, Barrus’ antigovernment, anti-police views seemed to have hardened and grown more extreme, embracing assorted conspiracy theories, firearms and militia fantasies and selected passages from the Bible, his social media posts suggest.

His posts make references federal agencies involved in the 1992 siege at Ruby Ridge and the Branch Davidian raid in Waco, Texas, the following year. There also are suggestions, as yet not fully confirmed, that Barrus had involvement with a militia group in Alaska.

It likely will take days for a team of investigators in Montana to fully piece together the background of the antigovernment extremist and his son, Marshall Barrus, also a felon, and the roles they played in Tuesday night’s fatal shooting of Deputy Moore, three years on the job with a wife and three kids.

The deputy’s body was found on Interstate 90, in Broadwater County. His dash-cam video, reviewed by a backup deputy, quickly led to the broadcast description of the suspects’ vehicle.

An ensuing 140-mile police chase across Montana, involving gunshots fired at pursuing police, ended when Barrus and his son, Marshall Barrus, got out of their 1998 Chevrolet Suburban — its tires flattened by a police spike strip — and both began firing at a squadron of pursuing officers.

A 9mm handgun was shot from the elder Barrus’ hand, while his son was shot in the head by officers. Marshall Barrus died from those wounds Wednesday in a Missoula hospital, authorities disclosed Wednesday.

“I just can’t imagine how horrible that must have been,” Inyo County, California, District Attorney Tom Hardy told the Missoulian when he was briefed on the Montana gun battle between officers and the fleeing father-son fugitives.

In 2002, Hardy prosecuted the criminal case against Lloyd Barrus, an Idaho resident at the time, following the chase two years earlier on the Nevada-California border. It began near Lathrope Wells, Nevada, about 60 miles north of Las Vegas and ended at Furnace Creek, California, in Death Valley National Park.

Like the Montana incident, the 2000 assault on police began during overnight hours when Nevada Highway Patrol officers attempted to pull over a BMW on U.S. 95.

The car, which wasn’t stolen, sped off as its occupants fired shots at pursuing officers. After crossing the Nevada-California border, the vehicle spun off the highway near Furnace Creek and broke down on a dry lake bed, according to one media account from that time.

The car’s three occupants, including Lloyd Barrus, fled and hid for several hours in rocky outbreaks and scrub brush in the desolate desert, while a team of 100 law officers converged on the scene, including a California Highway Patrol helicopter.

As darkness set in, the CHP helicopter crew, using night vision equipment, saw the suspects attempting to “sneak away in the dark,” Inyo County Sheriff Dan Lucus told CBS News at the time.

The fleeing suspects fired at the CHP helicopter, striking and damaging the aircraft, forcing it to make an emergency landing. Its crew members weren’t injured.

Authorities said, according the one media report, that it marked the first time civilians had downed a police helicopter.

"We've taken bullets before in both fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters," Bruce Bonnett, CHP's supervisor of aerial operations in
Dagget, California, said at the time. "But this is the first time an aircraft has been downed. It's absolutely amazing luck that nobody was shot or killed."

The armed suspects continued shooting at other police aircraft that arrived on the scene, but they weren’t struck by gunfire.

Lloyd Barrus, who was then 44, and Cheryl Maarteuse, 50, who listed Downey,

Idaho, addresses, and Barrus’ other son, Jeffrey Barrus, 20, of Emeryville, California, were arrested 18 hours after the episode began.

Jeffrey Barrus is still serving a 25-year prison sentence after pleading guilty to attempting to kill police officers. Maarteuse served a year in jail for what authorities described as “her minor role in the standoff,” the Missoula newspaper reported.

There was very little media coverage of the 2000 incident and news accounts used the spelling “Burrus.”
Atleast there is 1 less of his around.

Experience is what you get 30 seconds after you need it

Just Add Lightness
Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 07:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 40793
Send a message via AIM to Nightshade Send a message via MSN to Nightshade Send a message via Yahoo to Nightshade
That is a man who is fully dedicated to a path.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 226216
We seriously need to have a conversation about mental illness in this country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thefishguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 08:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
I'm Zach

Member # 22176
He doesn't belong in jail, he belongs in a hole.

:tank:
Beat95YJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 08:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
I'm Zach

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishguy77 View Post
We seriously need to have a conversation about mental illness in this country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's not mentally ill, he's a worthless piece of shit. You fucking liberals make everybody who you don't agree with mentally ill. Shut up!

Old 05-19-2017, 08:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
What The Fleck?!

Member # 23744
Location: White Mtns., Arizona... it's on the map, just not on any map!
He did down a police helicopter GTA style though...

Props for that.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:15 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
He's not mentally ill, he's a worthless piece of shit. You fucking liberals make everybody who you don't agree with mentally ill. Shut up!
If we truly started treating the mental ill as being mental ill, liberals would be dead set against it...want to guess why?
Old 05-19-2017, 08:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
What The Fleck?!

Member # 23744
Location: White Mtns., Arizona... it's on the map, just not on any map!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumping View Post
If we truly started treating the mental ill as being mental ill, liberals would be dead set against it...want to guess why?
What is genocide against it's own people, Alex?
Old 05-19-2017, 09:04 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 29037
Remember the Dems are the reason the mental ill were turned out of the asylums in the 80s
Old 05-19-2017, 09:19 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 4387
So this dickfuck has a shootout with the popo in NV with one of his kids who is still in prison, gets out and has another shootout with another kid who is now dead? WTF, the deputy they killed had nothing to do with whatever they were pissed about.

That fucker needs to swing in the wind.
Norm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 09:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 464641
Quote:
Kill some one, you die
Rape and torture, you die
Touch kids, you die
Wreck multiple lives indefenately, you die
Sentenced to more than 10y incarceration, you die.

1 year appeal and secondary investagatory after conviction.

Fuck "rehabilitatuon", unwavering corpral punishment. Day-367 you die.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
DogTalker

Member # 52202
Quote:
Originally Posted by total newb View Post
Kill some one, you die
Touch kids, you die

Besides the bad spelling, that's a good start.

Last edited by jensenkennels; 05-19-2017 at 10:03 AM.
jensenkennels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 10:17 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 1956
Quote:
Damn dude, you're violating his rights to a trial! The pile of shit has rights as others here have demanded even though I strongly agree we shouldn't even go to a trial or indictment phase.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
I'm Zach

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow man View Post
Damn dude, you're violating his rights to a trial! The pile of shit has rights as others here have demanded even though I strongly agree we shouldn't even go to a trial or indictment phase.
We can have a fair trial, followed by a first class hanging.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:49 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 214628
R.I.P Officer Mason Moore
Trazer75MT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 07:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 5639
and more on these 2 scum bags:

Quote:
The pair of men accused in the murder of a Broadwater County Deputy on Tuesday were carrying out a suicide mission, according to court documents filed Friday.

Lloyd Barrus, 61, is charged in Broadwater County District Court with accountability to deliberate homicide for the murder of Deputy Mason Moore, who was killed near Three Forks.

Prosecutors allege that Barrus and his 38-year-old son Marshall baited the deputy into chasing them when they sped past the patrol car on Highway 287.

A review of the deputy's dashcam video showed the suspects' Chevy Suburban speed past the patrol car around 2:30 a.m..

Deputy Moore then activated his top lights and siren and pursued the vehicle.

The deputy alerted dispatch that he was engaged in a chase and that speeds were topping 100 miles per hour.

Six minutes into the pursuit, shots were fired from the Suburban and Moore was wounded.

His patrol vehicle then stopped on the side of the road.

Investigators believe Deputy Moore was still alive at that point because the dashcam audio captured his breathing sounds.

Dashcam video showed the suspect vehicle make a U-turn and approach the passenger side of the patrol vehicle, where over a dozen more shots were fired into the deputy's car.

More than two dozen rounds total were fired at Deputy Moore’s patrol vehicle, according to court documents.

A Gallatin County officer responded to find Moore dead, with multiple gunshot wounds to the head and torso.

The suspect vehicle was spotted in Anaconda, leading to a pursuit on Interstate 90.

The suspects engaged authorities in a shootout just outside of Missoula in Rock Creek, according to court documents.

Marshall Barrus was shot in the head by law enforcement and died at the hospital the next day.

Lloyd Barrus was apprehended and taken to jail.

The family of Marshall Barrus told authorities they had gone on a family camping trip to Canyon Ferris Lake.

Marshall Barrus openly spoke with the family about carrying out a suicide mission with authorities.

According to court documents, at the campground, on the night of May 15, 2017, Marshall Lloyd tried to get his children to join him.

When the wife and children refused, Marshall allegedly attacked them, and then he and his father left the campground with a semi-automatic rifle, a 9mm pistol, a shotgun and a backpack full of ammunition and magazines.

Lloyd Barrus is scheduled for an arraignment next Friday in Broadwater County District Court.

Broadwater County Attorney Cory Swanson said he has yet to decide whether to seek the death penalty in this case.
Prosecutors: Suspects in murder of Montana Deputy baited officer - KTVQ.com | Q2 | Continuous News Coverage | Billings, MT

They baited the Deputy into chasing them.

Just Add Lightness
Old 05-19-2017, 08:00 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 377
Damn, that's like some real life GTA shit right there.

east_beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 08:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
I'm Zach

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
As I said they deserve to be in a hole.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:30 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 162643
RIP Deputy Moore, thoughts and prayers with your family.
I've been pulled over in a few states, multiple times in MT, and have to say the MT state troopers and sheriffs were some of the most courteous and respectful of any officers I've ever received tickets from.
shortbus4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 08:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 5639
Quote:
As I said they deserve to be in a hole.
Like this guy:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...astern-montana

Quote:
BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — An investigation is underway after a man's body was found at the bottom of a mine pit in southeastern Montana.

Rosebud County Sheriff Allen Fulton tells The Billings Gazette https://goo.gl/9uZsCh an employee at the Rosebud Mine near Colstrip found the body Thursday morning, and foul play is not suspected.

Just Add Lightness
Old 05-19-2017, 10:14 PM   #21 (permalink)
R O

Member # 5921
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbus4x4 View Post
RIP Deputy Moore, thoughts and prayers with your family.
I've been pulled over in a few states, multiple times in MT, and have to say the MT state troopers and sheriffs were some of the most courteous and respectful of any officers I've ever received tickets from.

I can second that ^^^

pulled over in Montana for speeding and and having a headlight out. Super nice highway patrol officer Gave me a warning for speeding after seeing the headlight wasn't burned just loose connection.

We were coming from British Columbia to Jackson hole and the trooper was good enough to give us road conditions and advice on where to stay be fore heading through Yellowstone.

One of the best police encounters I've ever had.

Too bad both of those assholes didn't get shot in the head
Old 05-19-2017, 11:26 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 9275
Send a message via Yahoo to purevil71
Quote:
Originally Posted by total newb View Post
Kill some one, you die
Touch kids, you die

Could not agree more!

ZookiMelt FB Page:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
purevil71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2017, 12:45 AM   #23 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 20298
Fucking WAH. I'm sure he's fucked over more than a few people in his lifetime.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.
Old 05-20-2017, 06:17 AM   #24 (permalink)
DMG

Member # 8145
The nutcase really should have fought to the death so we don't have to support him forever.
DMG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2017, 06:23 AM   #25 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 20114
Send a message via AIM to Overbear
shit like this wouldn't happen if we started executing criminals more and locking them up less. Make any felony that involves another person (assault, DV, robbery, rape, etc) a instant death penalty with no appeals. Just found guilty? Great executed by hanging the next day.

This crap wouldn't happen anymore.

“Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.”-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814,

Quote:
When I'm the voice of reason, it's a pretty good indication that someone's doing it wrong.
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.