Anyone catch Xtreme 4x4 on spike? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2005, 10:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 192
Send a message via AIM to brector Send a message via Yahoo to brector
Anyone catch Xtreme 4x4 on spike?

HAHA - the only thing that was extreme was the title.

My favorite line - with 38" tires we won't need a spare

Wonder how long it will last.

1 ton yoda

I make nerd sexy
brector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 10:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 5371
Send a message via MSN to rockota
Jessie seemed pretty cool... Ian can't act... Not sure that I'd mount all of that expensive air equipment to the truck via the spare tire crank though...

My prediction - she stays, he goes. There's no chemistry between the two of them, and she is better on camera.
rockota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 10:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 107
Send a message via AIM to The Jerk Send a message via MSN to The Jerk Send a message via Yahoo to The Jerk
yes.
there was a post on here about this.
the girl was the only thing worth watching but of course it was scripted.

jiMMy
Old 01-02-2005, 10:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 9328
R

Old 01-02-2005, 10:38 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 5371
Quote:
Originally Posted by landuseorc
Re-run....

Fixed it.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by landuseorc
R

Watch it hippie - I'm downloading that codec for approval

1 ton yoda

I make nerd sexy
Old 01-02-2005, 12:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 11922
Send a message via MSN to Devil Dog Send a message via Skype™ to Devil Dog
ya.. i didnt care for it... didnt seem too extreme... and you could tell they havent had much time in front of a camera.. they need to leave that bolt on crap to trucks... atleast he is fun to watch...

'09, '11, '13 and 2014 King of the Hammers

[B][I]BUCK[/I] Wild Racing[/B]
Team 911

[B]Degenerate[/B]
Team 488

[B]O.G. "Wreckin' Crew"[/B]
Devil Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 01:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 5371
I'm pretty sure the *did* throw it together - likely with about 2-3 weeks of prep time for the first recording. I received an email from the producers in mid November stating they were getting ready to finalize the candidates... Figure two more weeks for that, a week of screen testing and then right into shooting - not much time.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
DRM
Super Moderator

Member # 8
You mean "TRUCKS! Re-badged?"

Yeah, I saw it.
>"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men."
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 01:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 23707
Send a message via AIM to BigManBrock07
Trucks is much better. Atleast you see him beat on on some of the shit he builds. And it isn't all bolt on. However Extreme4X4 rather sucked. Maybe, and I mean maybe, the jeep will be decent, but I doubt it. I won't be taking any special time outta my day to make sure I catch it. Her joke about the leaf spring was kinda funny though.

quote:
He could have used a bigger hammer though, and then things break faster so you can move on to the next step of cussing quicker.
BigManBrock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 02:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hophead

Member # 4829
Send a message via AIM to Joe_W
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigManBrock07
Trucks is much better. Atleast you see him beat on on some of the shit he builds. And it isn't all bolt on.

LOL..damn you figured out a lot from watching 1 episode

I wonder if Trucks will be taking a different, non 4x4 direction with this show starting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin
The vagina doubles as a neat little fanny pack.
Joe_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 02:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
ADD

Member # 22080
Because i have nothing better to do...I am watching the trucks marathon today
Old 01-02-2005, 03:26 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 28368
Very disappointed - seems anything with the title "Extreme" should live up to it. Bolt on air bag suspension - whoopee. Lots of detail left out as usual. Got bored and went outside in the rain -
Old 01-02-2005, 03:27 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 5371
I'll give them credit for being smart enough to tack the brackets in place... Something most people wouldn't do.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:12 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 26083
Jessie is a Wyotech Grad. Top of her class in all fields. I think the guy will have his ass handed to him him on a regular basis. The CORE truck segment kicked ass. Lots of carnage and some interesting tech about that sport.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:03 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 192
I'd hit it - well the chick

I think the dude has to go. And like rockota said - they left out the cool part of the bolt on as well

1 ton yoda

I make nerd sexy
Old 01-03-2005, 07:31 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 16024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades76cj5
Jessie is a Wyotech Grad. Top of her class in all fields. I think the guy will have his ass handed to him him on a regular basis. The CORE truck segment kicked ass. Lots of carnage and some interesting tech about that sport.
I was hoping that they would just major on event coverage and leave the buildups to all the other shows (what are there - like 100 now?) but no, they have to copy cat all the other shows...

CORR in Crandon is wild - you have to get there if you haven't before. There is no way that they could catch the real action on film. You sit on the side hill less than 20 feet from that first corner and 30 trucks, each packing over 800 HP come 10 wide into that first corner/jump that is only wide enough for about 3... and they are drag racing to over 100 MPH when they hit it... Way cool.

They have become a tad civilized compared to the old days, however... The track used to be a challenge just to get around (back in the "Brush Run 101" days). They had an earlier track across the main highway from where the new one is located and it was pure hell - swamp, hills, rocks as big as a house, logs, you name it - the object was the first one to cross the finish line after an hour of racing won - run whatcha brung... Lots of weirdness back then - F 250's on tractor tires, home brewed buggies and cars that looked like a salvage yard got hit by a tornado -- then there was the "good ole boys" race - where pure stock cars with snow tires ran the same track... Demolition derby for an hour at speeds as fast as you could make them go.

Here's a couple of pics from my days racing there...

Jack Flannery hitting turn 1 - circa 1980

My race car - "old school" - hammered the leaf springs over a stump to re-arch - and twisted the torsion bars up - gutted the interior - added snow tires and padded everything with old foam mattresses... Won class 2 years in a row!

The car in action

Another race shot

Old 01-03-2005, 07:40 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 7163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budd
Lots of detail left out as usual. Got bored and went outside in the rain -

Duh. If they included the detail, how would they meet their minumum plugs per minute quota?
Oxjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:42 AM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 10818
Send a message via AIM to TNScrambler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades76cj5
While I was there, she kept talking about her "rig" that "she" built, but that her roommate wasn't done with it yet, and she was going to bring it down soon...I never saw it, she seemed pretty cool though, little on the freaky side with master locks hanging in her ears and some kind of flame tatoo comming up her stomach...I graduated before her, so I don't know if she ever did bring her 4x4 down from South Dakota, said her roomate rented a shop next to Jason Paule.

Justin
Old 01-03-2005, 07:49 AM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNScrambler
While I was there, she kept talking about her "rig" that "she" built, but that her roommate wasn't done with it yet, and she was going to bring it down soon...I never saw it, she seemed pretty cool though, little on the freaky side with master locks hanging in her ears and some kind of flame tatoo comming up her stomach...I graduated before her, so I don't know if she ever did bring her 4x4 down from South Dakota, said her roomate rented a shop next to Jason Paule.

Justin
What's up Justin?

1 ton yoda

I make nerd sexy
Old 01-03-2005, 03:34 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 24501
These guys interviewed me for over an hour on camera after the Glen Helen Baja Cup Challenge on Thanksgiving weekend. (It was a 2-hour enduro on a 3-mile track surrounding the Glen Helen Motocross area.)

They did seem rather "new"... His first question on camera was, "So, tell me a little bit about these Trophy Trucks." (We were standing next to my Class 7 Ford Ranger) It wasn't Jesse or Ian though. A guy named Jason Sharman. He and the cameraman were both actually very cool.

He said they do all the footage and send it off to Nashville for editing. He said they have absolutely no control over what makes it on air. He also said they were given explicit instructions to shoot 4x4s, toyotas, and anything with skyjacker parts on stickers on it. It was raining, so I told him to wait in the parking lot and some retard should arrive shortly with everything they were looking for to spin some weak-ass mud donuts and flop it over onto his passenger's right forearm. They thought that was funny.

They did A LOT of filming and asked a lot about my truck, but according to them it could be 30 minutes or 30 seconds that actually airs. I am hoping for the best, but I haven't seen the 1st show yet. Keep in mind though, even shitty shows increase exposure and have at least some potential to help us all. I'd work with them again in a heartbeat if they asked.

Billy
Billy_Manfroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 10:46 AM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 32099
Send a message via AIM to User Name
Just saw "Project Cheep Jeep". My spleen is bleeding. Wish I wasn't sick, or I'd have been wheeling.

Cool thing they talked a bit about DIY beadlocks.

Bad. They're touting teraflex as the source of all that is good. Didn't regear after going to 38(?)'s. Avoided talking about aligning the pinion angle during the SPOA. Avoided talking about wheelhop, or other tradeoffs with SPOA without a traction bar, or other... Plus they give the message that using an RTI ramp means your "Xtreme".

Yeah, it's a cheep jeep, but now it needs a tow rig because it's worthless on road. Off-road, eh, it'll run, but I don't like the tradeoffs, and they don't mention them.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:51 AM   #23 (permalink)
Hophead

Member # 4829
Send a message via AIM to Joe_W
thank you for beating the dead horse thats been beat in about 5 other threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin
The vagina doubles as a neat little fanny pack.
Joe_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 10:57 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 5132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_Manfroy

They did seem rather "new"... His first question on camera was, "So, tell me a little bit about these Trophy Trucks." (We were standing next to my Class 7 Ford Ranger) It wasn't Jesse or Ian though. A guy named Jason Sharman. He and the cameraman were both actually very cool.

Billy
At least they didn't call it a Toyota
Bubba Ray Boudreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 03:41 PM   #25 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 42255
Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name
Just saw "Project Cheep Jeep". My spleen is bleeding. Wish I wasn't sick, or I'd have been wheeling.

Cool thing they talked a bit about DIY beadlocks.

Bad. They're touting teraflex as the source of all that is good. Didn't regear after going to 38(?)'s. Avoided talking about aligning the pinion angle during the SPOA. Avoided talking about wheelhop, or other tradeoffs with SPOA without a traction bar, or other... Plus they give the message that using an RTI ramp means your "Xtreme".

Yeah, it's a cheep jeep, but now it needs a tow rig because it's worthless on road. Off-road, eh, it'll run, but I don't like the tradeoffs, and they don't mention them.
The Rockstomper bead locks are great!!!!! Didn't go to 38's Went to 35's. Yes we neglected to discuss pinion angle after the spoa, unfortunate, but it was editted out. Yes there are trade offs for the SPOA, but this was not an "ideal" lift show it was a "cheap" jeep show. The issues of steering brakes, shocks, and more is going to be dealt with in Cheap jeep #2. As for the tera Flex shackles. I personally love them, I am the one who has to drive the truck and if I like revolvers, I am not going to not use them because John Cappa thinks they are junk. I can point out just as many things inside JP magazine that make me laugh, but I do not because I do not feel the need to tear someone down to make myself feel look better.

I will stand behind what I build and when it brakes, I will drag it into teh shop so you can see why.
Ian from Xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote