if your going to run a jeep shop, make sure you hide your x. - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2007, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 34617
if your going to run a jeep shop, make sure you hide your x.

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=32853

I've met Jared a ton of times, hes a good guy. I just hope he walks the same when he gets out.

Last edited by ClarkstonCracker; 01-11-2007 at 04:28 PM.
ClarkstonCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 233
'Ecstasy' dealer sent to prison
GENESEE COUNTY
THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION
Thursday, January 11, 2007
By Kim Crawford
kcrawford@flintjournal.com 810.766.6242

A Flushing business owner will spend more than seven years in federal prison for his role in importing tens of thousands of "ecstasy" pills between 2001 and 2004.

Jared Petiprin, 31, owner of Five Star Auto and Jeep Outfitters, a used car dealership and customizing business, pleaded guilty in September to conspiracy to distribute a controlled substance. On Wednesday, he was sentenced to 87 months in prison by U.S. District Judge Paul V. Gadola.

Petiprin sobbed as he apologized to his family and customers.
"I feel as though they will be punished more than I am," he said before he was sentenced.

Petiprin is the latest - but not necessarily the last - in a string of defendants involved in the large-scale distribution and sale of "ecstasy" or cocaine who were charged in an investigation by the Drug Enforcement Administration and the Department of Homeland Security-Immigration Customs Enforcement over the past two years.

Michael P. Manley, Petiprin's attorney, said his client had voluntarily gotten out of the drug business to start legitimate businesses, while others who were charged in the case stayed involved in drugs. Manley also noted Petiprin was losing "everything" he had - his wife, his infant son and the businesses he built.

Gadola said he was impressed that Petiprin had good track records as a worker and a businessman, and that he had no prior criminal involvement. But Petiprin's involvement in drugs was "a despicable course of conduct," the judge said.

Court records show that the cases against Petiprin and nine other defendants who were indicted in 2004 began when Hugh V. Poteat III of Flint was stopped at the border in Detroit, coming back from Canada in June of 2001. He was arrested and charged when drugs were found in his vehicle, and he was ultimately sentenced to 18 months in prison.

Manley said Poteat and Petiprin were roommates when Poteat was arrested. Court documents show that U.S. authorities moved to have Poteat's prison sentenced reduced because of his cooperation with investigators.

An investigation showed that a group of men imported and distributed thousands of ecstasy pills from Canada around southeastern Michigan over the past few years.

Since Poteat's arrest - and before Petiprin pleaded guilty in the fall - nine other men were indicted in 2004. Manley noted that the other suspects, all of whom pleaded guilty over the past two years, received less prison time than federal sentencing guidelines suggested for Petiprin. Those men and their sentences were:

Stuart Waitman, 75 months; Matthew Kachman, 84 months; Michael Kuhlman, 37 months; Jason Minteer, 12 months; Dustin Wells, 60 months; Eric Bootz, 24 months; Shawn Gleason, 12 months; Mark Hoffman, 36 months; and Jordan Vandesteene, 23 months.

Petiprin's sentence is the heaviest given so far, but Manley said he could serve less than the full 87 months if he completes drug treatment and maintains good behavior while incarcerated.

Petiprin's family reacted emotionally to his sentence, with some crying and at least one man cursing.

In May 2005, federal agents raided Petiprin's businesses at 1519 E. Pierson Road. At that time, Petiprin told reporters the ICE agents were investigating one of his former employees, while agents declined to comment.

Old 01-11-2007, 05:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 3370
more legit business than you would think got their start up cash illegally.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 7354
i love drama like the next guy, but this is the best part of that thread:

A Little Rabbit is running happily through the woods when he comes across a Giraffe rolling a joint. He runs up the Giraffe and says, "Hey, Giraffe. You shouldn't do that. Think of your health. You should come running in the woods instead!" The Giraffe looks at the Little Rabbit, looks at the spliff, shrugs his shoulders, tosses the joint over his shoulder and runs off through the wood with the Little Rabbit.

After a while the Giraffe and the Rabbit come across an Elephant about to do a line of Coke. The Rabbit says, "Oh, Elephant you really shouldn't do that. You should come running with us in the wood. It is much better for you." The Elephant looks at the Rabbit looks at the line of Charlie, shrugs his shoulders, then runs off through the wood with the Giraffe and the Rabbit.

Shortly they come across a Bear about to shoot up heroin. The Rabbit runs up to him and says, "Hey, Bear, you shouldn't do that, think of your health. You'd be better of running in the woods with us." The Bear looks at the Rabbit, looks at the syringe, spoon and stuff, shrugs his shoulders, kicks the whole lot away and runs off with the Rabbit, the Giraffe and the Elephant.

After a while they come across a Tiger drinking his way through a six pack of beer. The Rabbit runs up to the Tiger and says, "Hey Tiger, you really shouldn't d that." and the Tiger immediately jumps up and starts beating the living crap out of the Rabbit. The Giraffe grabs the Tiger and pulls him off the Rabbit and says, "What the hell are you doing, man?" The Tiger gets one more kick in and says, "Ah, that little fucker really pisses me off; he always makes me run around the bloody woods when he's on Ecstasy!"
Old 01-11-2007, 07:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 25603
Send a message via Yahoo to johnny_boy02
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkstonCracker View Post

I've met Jared a ton of times, hes a good guy. I just hope he walks the same when he gets out.

Oh so he is one of them good guy drug dealers I hope he has to take a wheelchair out and wear a diaper.
johnny_boy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pirate is KING!

Member # 12217
Quote:

hes a good guy.
Maybe in some ways he's a good guy, but cummon, if he's really transporting/dealing/whatever with drugs, he doesn't exactly fit the description of "Good Guy" in my book. My kids coming to the age where people are going to push that shit on him...I HOPE he's got the smarts to say no as we've been straightforward all along with the risks and reasons why he needs to stay away from that stuff. If ne surprises me and doesn't say no, I blame the fuckers that help him get it...the entire chain of those guys are fucking worthless.

Maybe I'm wrong about THIS guy, but it APPEARS that he was a supplier if he's involved at the level they wrote about.
RedBullJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 82093
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullJeep View Post
Maybe in some ways he's a good guy, but cummon, if he's really transporting/dealing/whatever with drugs, he doesn't exactly fit the description of "Good Guy" in my book. My kids coming to the age where people are going to push that shit on him...I HOPE he's got the smarts to say no as we've been straightforward all along with the risks and reasons why he needs to stay away from that stuff. If ne surprises me and doesn't say no, I blame the fuckers that help him get it...the entire chain of those guys are fucking worthless.

Maybe I'm wrong about THIS guy, but it APPEARS that he was a supplier if he's involved at the level they wrote about.

Amen to that!!! I agree with you 100%, I have an 18 y\o daughter and luckily she has stayed busy with sports and not interested in that junk!
HoupPhotography.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 5176
HA-HA!!

(Inscert Nelson pic here)

STOLEN!!! -->'80 CJ-7 w/ 258 I-6,T-176,D300, '94 YJ tub, '83 toy axles front & rear, Smirffield front axles, w/3.90's, 'YJ rears up front, and a bunch of home-grown patches, all sitting on BFG 35" MTs.

Post #411
Blame Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rotten Sperm

Member # 63386
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanP View Post
i love drama like the next guy, but this is the best part of that thread:

A Little Rabbit is running happily through the woods when he comes across a Giraffe rolling a joint. He runs up the Giraffe and says, "Hey, Giraffe. You shouldn't do that. Think of your health. You should come running in the woods instead!" The Giraffe looks at the Little Rabbit, looks at the spliff, shrugs his shoulders, tosses the joint over his shoulder and runs off through the wood with the Little Rabbit.

After a while the Giraffe and the Rabbit come across an Elephant about to do a line of Coke. The Rabbit says, "Oh, Elephant you really shouldn't do that. You should come running with us in the wood. It is much better for you." The Elephant looks at the Rabbit looks at the line of Charlie, shrugs his shoulders, then runs off through the wood with the Giraffe and the Rabbit.

Shortly they come across a Bear about to shoot up heroin. The Rabbit runs up to him and says, "Hey, Bear, you shouldn't do that, think of your health. You'd be better of running in the woods with us." The Bear looks at the Rabbit, looks at the syringe, spoon and stuff, shrugs his shoulders, kicks the whole lot away and runs off with the Rabbit, the Giraffe and the Elephant.

After a while they come across a Tiger drinking his way through a six pack of beer. The Rabbit runs up to the Tiger and says, "Hey Tiger, you really shouldn't d that." and the Tiger immediately jumps up and starts beating the living crap out of the Rabbit. The Giraffe grabs the Tiger and pulls him off the Rabbit and says, "What the hell are you doing, man?" The Tiger gets one more kick in and says, "Ah, that little fucker really pisses me off; he always makes me run around the bloody woods when he's on Ecstasy!"
Nordic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:44 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 5132
Quote:

Yup, it's always the good guys slinging dope in the 'hood..............
Bubba Ray Boudreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 6887
You guys are a bunch of stuck up sissies. What's a couple e-bombs between friends?

J
Old 01-12-2007, 05:26 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 34617
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullJeep View Post

You know what, I didn't type what I was thinking. He is a NICE guy, and has helped out 100's of people with their rigs. I'm guessing he was one of the biggest PSC dealers in the midwest also. And I know he moved alot of walker e's beadlocks.

He had a hot wife, one hell of a business (with a good sized offroad track out back) and was a respected place to purchase from. Its ashamed he would of thrown all that away for something he did in his past.

X isn't something to fuck with, that messes up people. And since he was the dealer, he was preying on the weak for a quick buck.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:41 AM   #13 (permalink)
The Devils Trailboss

Member # 51571
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBabyJesus View Post
You guys are a bunch of stuck up sissies. What's a couple e-bombs between friends?

J

A Flushing business owner will spend more than seven years in federal prison for his role in importing tens of thousands of "ecstasy" pills between 2001 and 2004.

Dosent sound like a "couple e-bombs between friends" to me....
UCTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
Heyull yea

Member # 13671
Im going to open a window tinting shop, and install a meth lab in the back. Since ive never even tried meth before, i need someone to test the product. Oh, and uh show me how to make it. Anyone wanna go halvsies?
Old 01-12-2007, 06:26 AM   #15 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 6417
Send a message via Yahoo to Dieselmh
I've used propane to cook with for years. I'm pretty sure you need propane to make meth. I'm in!
Dieselmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:43 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 46933
x can kill, he shoulda gone with weed
Old 01-12-2007, 06:55 AM   #17 (permalink)
Heyull yea

Member # 13671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselmh View Post
I've used propane to cook with for years. I'm pretty sure you need propane to make meth. I'm in!
Sweet. My dad has a farm... from what i can tell they use some kind of farm stuff too.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:08 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 57933
So, that's why I'm working hard every day but still not rich? I gotta set up some clandestine drug sales to go with parts and labor sales! Lube, change oil and filter, state inspection, and a bag of crack! 4 wheel lazer alignment, rotate tires, bag of weed! Why didn't yinz tell me about this sooner?
Old 01-13-2007, 05:18 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 25603
Send a message via Yahoo to johnny_boy02
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Im going to open a window tinting shop, and install a meth lab in the back. Since ive never even tried meth before, i need someone to test the product. Oh, and uh show me how to make it. Anyone wanna go halvsies?
PM Haole
johnny_boy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:26 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 8220
Old 01-14-2007, 06:00 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 24273
Just a bit of perspective (free from emotion, and stereotypes)

Guy sold a product to consumers who were seeking the product. These people were not forced to buy or consume this product, and there was no violence associated with this product or transaction.

Guy gets caught, and will spend 7 years in jail (at the average cost of $25,000 per year, or a $175,000 burdon to tax payers)

Guy will not be working, or paying taxes for the next 7 years. Lets say, just for the sake of arguement, that he ran a pretty successful business, and paid $125,000 in taxes per year. This will result in an additional loss of $875,000 to the tax payers.

Meanwhile, we let rapists and other violent criminals out of jail because of "lack of tax money" and "prison over crowding"?

Not saying that what this guy did was right, but I think we have bigger fish to fry
Old 01-14-2007, 07:17 AM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 191
Jerseyzuks,

yeah, bigger fish to fry.......... but wait, did any of this guys product go into

young kids-?? hmmm, chances are the possiblities are yes when you consider

to amount of pills moved/sold........

so, being a parent, if I found out my kids were exposed to a creep like this,

he'd be alot more worried about me as opposed to going to jail.... the point

here is this: He willingly sold drugs.... so, that makes him a dope dealer.

he gets no "good-boy" points for making a profitable business out of dope

sales...........

someone mentioned his wife is hot....... also mentioned he will be loosing

said "hot wife" and child, business, etc..... why is he loosing "hot wife-"

he's only going away for awhile, not forever........ and I'd bet my paycheck

against anyone's that "hot-wife" is a groupie from said "dope-dealer" business.

--Sherpa

SHERPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:39 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 24273
Sherpa, consider the following.

We have X number of dollars to spend in law enforcement.

60% of the people in our jails are behind bars for non-violent drug crimes

88% of the people arrested for marijuana offences were charged with mere possession

Personally, I would rather see our law enforcement spend more time and resources on murderers, rapists, and other violent criminals.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:11 AM   #24 (permalink)
MC
Pulverize Rocks

Member # 21997
Send a message via Yahoo to MC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyzuks View Post
Sherpa, consider the following.

We have X number of dollars to spend in law enforcement.

60% of the people in our jails are behind bars for non-violent drug crimes

88% of the people arrested for marijuana offences were charged with mere possession

Personally, I would rather see our law enforcement spend more time and resources on murderers, rapists, and other violent criminals.
So what was different about this guy?

Fully machined components
We build CNC plasma tables, click me
.................................................. .........

American Motors Engine HERE!!
TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689
MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:38 AM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 30067
What about all the people iilegally entering this country? Where do they fit into the scheme of our law enforcement? Oh yea, they don't cause there isn't enough money to deal with them. There are LOTS of problems that need to be taken care of.
Stone Cold is offline   Reply With Quote