christians?? - Page 10 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 07:20 AM   #226 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 43389
Send a message via Yahoo to drenmaster j Send a message via Skype™ to drenmaster j
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyGal View Post
Why do people bother having children if they know going in at some point their kids are going to mess up? They have high hopes for them. They want the best and hope for them to make those choices to not mess up. Least that's my look on it.
parents cant control it.. but god can.. well so the story goes..
drenmaster j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:21 AM   #227 (permalink)

Member # 11372
Quote:
Originally Posted by blthomas View Post
You sir come off completely condescending in your posts, trying to state so called biblical fact as actual truth.

What do you have to back up your thoughts? A book you say written by as many as 50? Testified to fact by thousands?

This sounds kinda like Scientology..........or any other man made religion developed to "guide" the masses.

Any poster that questions you or your thoughts is questioned themselves with more questions and not given answers from a position other than one of what appears to be church learned rhetoric.

Any thing remotely evoultionist, scientific, or vaguely athiest in nature is combated with the good old, "Oh yeah? How do you know?" because what you "know" is perpatrated as the "truth". Yet it is simply a text, written ages ago, by no one accountable.

Religion was created by man to link together with their community, create a code of morals to live by, and of course elders of the community had a hand in it by learned behavior of the generations through out the ages before who worshiped the "Gods".

They used to help try and explain the things they could not understand or comprehend, to use it as scare tactic, God is the greatest boogie man of all time.
<golf clap>
Old 04-22-2009, 07:30 AM   #228 (permalink)

Member # 4033
Quote:
Originally Posted by drenmaster j View Post
parents cant control it.. but god can.. well so the story goes..
Freewill is what I believe in. God's in control, but he doesn't control me.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:37 AM   #229 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 43389
Send a message via Yahoo to drenmaster j Send a message via Skype™ to drenmaster j
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyGal View Post
Freewill is what I believe in. God's in control, but he doesn't control me.
im not telling people what to believe thats up to you.. i just don't like people trying to force jesus on me with a ancient book that has nothing to do with today's times. that's been written and re written to control peoples minds and ways of life.

i just like to have a good time with the time i have to live.. and i don't like religion or god or jesus or what ever else there is to believe in to hold me down..

bring on the after life bitches..
drenmaster j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:10 AM   #230 (permalink)

Member # 87394
Quote:
Originally Posted by gipper View Post
Well, see if your little brain can follow me here......

We both know you intended to be a condescending prick, so don't deny it now. If you're going to do it, own it like Overdose.
I said try to follow along with an objective mind, as in look at my points for what they mean, not from your biased standpoint--which you didn't do. I wasn't trying to say you were too dumb to understand.
the-great-gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:51 AM   #231 (permalink)

Member # 39171
Ok I have a question for the Christians.
God is all knowing and all powerful.-omnipotent-
Man has freewill and makes his choices......

Question: Wouldn't God already know the answer to every actionand choice therefore knowing who's already in Heaven before judgement day?
Just curious on people's answers.
JC
RoverJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:12 AM   #232 (permalink)

Member # 27390
Quote:
Originally Posted by gipper View Post
Wow, you may actually be a bigger whiner than the original poster.

1. The Bible doesn't say, "and Jesus took a dump" either. Things that don't matter to the human condition have been left out.

2. Do you know what free will is? God does not control our actions. We are free to make our own choices. Several people have found fame, fortune, and power in duping others. God does reserve a special place for these people.

3. God created the heavens and the earth. Where did that matter come from if not put there by God? Why did the bang all of the sudden happen after millenea if not at the direction of God?

A scientist called Jesus and said, "I can create life." Jesus came over and said, "Let's see." The scientist said, "first I take this beeker of clay..." Jesus smacked the beeker of clay out of his hand and said, "Get your own clay."

4. You are correct. It teaches absolute moral truths. God is the source for all morals, and that's where the guide is recorded.

5. Again, free will. We are free to do as we please. People do bad things. That's the flip side of free will. He wants us to choose the way Jesus laid out for us, but many reject him. Evil is the result, and it negatively affects people. life's tough, wear a helmet.

Do you need anything else clarified?
yes.Your incessant posting of sanctimonious bullshit and self righteous nonsense proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that indeed sometimes the slowest sperm does fertilize the egg...While you may fancy yourself some sort of a "Christian", I am sure Christ would gleefully leap off the nearest bridge in order to disassociate himself with your holier-than-thou crap.

All I can think of when my eyes are burned with the continual lack of quality content of your posts, bible thumping horseshit, and moderator ass-kissing is that another 4 minutes of my life could be potentially wasted should I make the mistake to read whatever you have written.

In short. GO FUCK YOURSELF.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:40 AM   #233 (permalink)

Member # 101942
jesus just texted me and told me to tell you guys to try and get along,oh and he loves you all
xjemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:45 AM   #234 (permalink)

Member # 117206
Sometimes coming on this site makes me feel like a brotha delivering pizza to a KKK convention. lol

To each their own. Believe what you will.
leben_sie_gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:01 AM   #235 (permalink)

Member # 134416
I am a christian, I am part of a worldwide christian based club and will be starting a chapter in NC. I don't see where anything is pushed on anyone if you don't believe than that's you no need in bashing anyone for anything.The christian wheelers are just like everyone else!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:09 AM   #236 (permalink)

Member # 6414
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TonTurtle View Post
I am a christian, I am part of a worldwide christian based club and will be starting a chapter in NC. I don't see where anything is pushed on anyone if you don't believe than that's you no need in bashing anyone for anything.The christian wheelers are just like everyone else!
Except Christian wheelers carry a bible in the glove box in case of an emergency whereas non-religious wheelers carry a repair manual.

Last edited by desteurm; 04-22-2009 at 10:09 AM.
desteurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:12 AM   #237 (permalink)
For Kayla

Member # 12343
Send a message via AIM to JParuBob Send a message via MSN to JParuBob Send a message via Yahoo to JParuBob Send a message via Skype™ to JParuBob
Quote:
You've not been here long, so we'll let you slide.

About every 6 months or so, someone comes into Chit-Chat and starts a thread like this.

REPENT SINNER OR YOU'RE BURN IN FIREY HELL gets a little old after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley21 View Post
Butt secks isn't for everyone........but it is for me!
JParuBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:17 AM   #238 (permalink)

Member # 8220
Quote:
Originally Posted by JParuBob View Post
You've not been here long, so we'll let you slide.

About every 6 months or so, someone comes into Chit-Chat and starts a thread like this.

REPENT SINNER OR YOU'RE BURN IN FIREY HELL gets a little old after a while.
Then why continue opening these threads
Old 04-22-2009, 10:56 AM   #239 (permalink)
Crusty Ol' Surveyor

Member # 54654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabin Boy View Post
Why continue to post them?

Last edited by blthomas; 04-22-2009 at 10:56 AM.
blthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #240 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 481
I remember a couple that we met prerunning the Vegas to Reno a while back that were extremely nice religious folks. We had caught up to a rider who was injured prerunning and we offered the back of our Suburban to serve as an off road ambulance for the poor guy. The couple were praying for his safety (I believe Bible in hand as I recall) when we arrived on the seen... You don't see stuff like this every day. The other amazing thing is that this guy had his SUV specially sealed up so no dust would enter it no matter what. You know how most rigs you can't see your windshield when you go thru the silt and you have all the windows up lol cause the stuff comes thru the vents and small holes all vehicles have these days. After two days in the desert his rig had absolutely no dust in it which was totally amazing!!! I remember having to wipe my laptop screen off after most every silt bed cause I could not see thru the dust on it to read the screen!
Brutpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:26 AM   #241 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 1757
I believe in God, pray and meditate every day. If someone I know sees how I conduct myself and wishes to know more about what I have come to understand through reading many books (including the bible) I am happy to share it with them. If someone I know is struggling in life and asks for my help, I am happy to share it with them.
I do not belong to any organized religion because most of them are so off track that it is a waste of my time. Throngs of people participate in a ritual every Sunday and walk away without having learned a thing. They may very well be better people than I but it's not just because they congregate on Sunday.
These types of fire and brimstone posts do nothing to enrich you or anyone else and have nothing to do with leading a spritiual life.

Eat your spaghetti
withamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:44 AM   #242 (permalink)
For Kayla

Member # 12343
Send a message via AIM to JParuBob Send a message via MSN to JParuBob Send a message via Yahoo to JParuBob Send a message via Skype™ to JParuBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabin Boy View Post
I usually don't. It took me 3 pages at 50 replies a page before I did because I was thinking it was a religious debate, rather than someone spewing stupid shit.

Quote:
Why continue to post them?
Pretty much this is my thought.

I don't consider myself anything really, other than trying to find a way through life.

Regardless, the Bible has some good lessons on life; be it living your own or treating others well.

People working in the name of religion (much like ridgecrawler) are what has turned people off of or away from it. The Jimmy Swaggarts, the Catholic Priests, the Muslim Extremists.

Perception for most is often reality, and due to the media (especially now with information more accessible than it's ever been) a lot of people have a negative image of religion as a whole anymore.

Honestly, I liked watching something I saw in the movie Stigmata. Religion and God are not in the church. You don't need a building to follow God. You don't need to go every Sunday to have someone preach to you about God, Jesus, or anything else. I think people forget this fact because it's beaten into their heads constantly.

And of course, I'm sure someone will dispute what I said.

Quote:
Old 04-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #243 (permalink)

Member # 120226
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgecrawler View Post
are ya a christian? doesnt your bible tell the story that jesus went to some of the worse places, to the worst sinners to spread his word. he didnt go to the people that already worshipped him he went to those like the people on here. if ya come here for tech? why are ya on chit chat looking at this post. and NO, i'll never change anyone, i'm human just like you, i just plant the seed, the lord makes it grow. if these guys on here doesnt hear it from at least someone, than who?
Im a Christian and proud of it. You are doing right Ridgecrawler and this is proof
“If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.” John 15:18-20

As a Christian scrutiny comes with the territory.
dowork114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #244 (permalink)
For Kayla

Member # 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowork114 View Post

As a Christian scrutiny comes with the territory.
There is a far step between scrutiny and the flak that he's catching.

Quote:
Old 04-22-2009, 12:03 PM   #245 (permalink)

Member # 134416
To meet me or wheel with me you wouldn't know I am a christian, I do not carry a bible on my glove box. If I know that someone doesn't feel the same way I do I will not try to "push" it on them. If you don't like what us Christians have to say then don't open this thread, you know what it is about so don't bother.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:08 PM   #246 (permalink)

Member # 120226
Quote:
To meet me or wheel with me you wouldn't know I am a christian, I do not carry a bible on my glove box. If I know that someone doesn't feel the same way I do I will not try to "push" it on them. If you don't like what us Christians have to say then don't open this thread, you know what it is about so don't bother.
well put
dowork114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:10 PM   #247 (permalink)
For Kayla

Member # 12343
Quote:
No, actually not everyone does.

Not everyone takes the time to thread preview all threads.

Not everyone ASSumes that a thread with Christians is about "repent or burn in hell" rhetoric.

And not everyone ASSumes that it's christian bashing either.

Your stated belief/action system clearly and completely contradicts everything that ridgecrawler said, and makes you look a tad hypocritical.

Did you read the entire thread, or just skip to the end? I'm thinking the latter.

Quote:
Old 04-22-2009, 12:10 PM   #248 (permalink)

Member # 117206
Quote:
Originally Posted by JParuBob View Post
There is a far step between scrutiny and the flak that he's catching.
I think we were actually being fed to lions a while back. Your insults, not so harsh in comparison.
leben_sie_gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:12 PM   #249 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 73107
I came in a little late but here are my favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgecrawler View Post
When religious icons rape little kids or degrade others that do not conform, do you support them unconditionally or question their behaviour?
i question their behavior, anyone who commits such a thing is not the true christian that they are telling you they are, those are the ones that causes so much of this backlashing against christians. christian are not perfect we make mistakes just like anyone else, but our lord reminds us daily of what we have committed, and pleads with us to repent.[/QUOTE]

So raping and sodomizing a child is a mistake and can be forgiven if the person repents? You know Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote a song once.

Quote:
I had a dream last night I was cast into Hell by a jealous God
The Devil walked up and said you don't need no lightning rod
It hardly ever rains down here I can't recall the last storm
You aint gonna need that leather jacket it gets kinda warm
There's one way in there's no way out looks like you're to stay
The place is a mess, it's overcrowded, more are coming in everyday.

I said ah man, wait a minute there's gotta be something wrong
I aint a bad guy just write these little songs
I always pay my union dues don't stay in the passing lane
And he said what about all that whiskey and the cocaine
I said well yeah but that's no reason to throw me in Hell
'Cause I didn't use the cocaine to get high, I just liked the way it smelled.

He said come on over here son, let me show you around
Over there's where we put the preachers, I never liked those clowns
They're always blaming me for everything wrong under the sun
It aint harder to what's right, it's just maybe not as much fun
Then the walk around thinking they're better than me and you
Then they get caught in a motel room doing what they said not to do.

Now the murderers and the rapists they go in this firey lake
As well as most of the politician and the cops on the take
And all the mothers that wait to get to KMart to spank their kids
Instead of showing what to do what's right, they just hit 'em for what they did
And all the daddy's who run off and abandon their daughters and sons
Oh anybody that hurts a child is gonna burn until it's done.

Everybody is down here I said who's up in Heaven with God and the Son
Oh some saints and mystics and students of metaphysics 101
People who care and share and love and try to do what's right
Beautiful old souls who read a little stories to their babies every night
What you won't find up in Heaven are christian coalition right wing conservatives
Country program directors and Nashville record executives.

Now I said I've made some mistakes, but I'm not as bad as those guys
How can God to this to me or can't she sympathize
He said you're wrong about God being cruel and mean
Oh God is the most loving thing that's never been seen
I said hotshot tell me this which religion is the truest
He said there all about the same, Budda was not a Christian, but Jesus
woulda made a good buddist.

Well, I thought about my future I didn't seem to have much of one
I looked around to leave but there was no place to run
I said I don't suppose I could go back and try living again
You know like reincarnation I hear that's the way it's always been
I can't answer that he said you're gonna have to wait for that response
But it's not any more unusual to be born twice than it is to be born once.

Well, it looked like I was gonna be stuck here as far as I could tell
I thought I might as well xxxx up you know what the hell
I said you know that soung that Charlie Daniels did
About how you went down to Georgia and played fiddle against that kid
He said yeah it broke my heart but you know what are you gonna do
I said to tell you the truth I thought your solo was the better of the two.

Well, then I woke up and I was lying in my bed
I went upstairs and kissed my little boy on his sleeping head
I took this dream as a sign from God so I thought I'd better pray
I said don't ever speak to me directly and thanks anyway
Now so much has changed about me besides me just giving up red meat
Some get spiritual cause they see the light and some cause they feel the heat...
Quote:
You sir come off completely condescending in your posts, trying to state so called biblical fact as actual truth.

What do you have to back up your thoughts? A book you say written by as many as 50? Testified to fact by thousands?
Not to mention what was lost in translation. I would like the original poster to tell me why the Bible is THE right way, why not one of the many other religious texts that religions are based off of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjemily View Post
jesus just texted me and told me to tell you guys to try and get along,oh and he loves you all
Get back to the kitchen

Quote:
I do believe most of the problems people have with religion is the I am better than you and here is why "bible verse, bible verse, bible verse, bible verse, bible verse, bible verse." I don't give a shit what you believe. I don't push my beliefs on you so I expect the same courtesy. Is courtesy even a defined term that is used in religion these days? The christian wheelers may be more like other wheelers but going and standing on a rock preaching while others are doing their thing isn't going to get you anywhere. If someone wants to hear you babble on about how you think life is then I promise they will walk through the doors of your church one day and ask for help, there is no way to help people who are not asking for it.
Sturgell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #250 (permalink)

Member # 43684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxywheels View Post
It's people like you that turn people like me off to anything religion related

x2
vector6 is offline   Reply With Quote