Why do you get a hard on when you are sleepy? AKA Morning wood. - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > General Chit-Chat
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 09:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Bean flicker

Member # 43637
Why do you get a hard on when you are sleepy? AKA Morning wood.

I've always wondered about this. I mean really, what causes "Morning Wood"?

The reason I ask is because I got to bed late last night, got up at 5, and work is slow as hell. So here I am, half awake, really tired, with a friggin hammer in my pants.

I can't figure it out, this happens every time I'm half awake. Works great for the wifey on the weekends. But when you are in a boring meeting, half awake, and all of a sudden you are chubbing like a 16 year old with his first playboy, there can be some awkwardness.

What the hell causes this? It always happens at the most random times too. It's always unnerving to sit there adjusting your slacks because 1) You're sporting a raging boner, 2) Slacks don't help at all cover it.

Any else suffer from these? I've heard them called NARBs before, No Apparent Reason Boner. I'm the friggin NARB king.

Can't wait till I'm sitting here with one, and someone comes in and I have to stand up in a hurry.
Back in college, we were making up acetylene balloons and putting them in a box to take off to light. Guy comes into the room, goes "Balloons!" and grabs a balloon, rubs it on his head, and sticks it to the wall... Everyone was diving for cover...
Ol'Customcj7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
For Kayla

Member # 12343
Send a message via AIM to JParuBob Send a message via MSN to JParuBob Send a message via Yahoo to JParuBob Send a message via Skype™ to JParuBob
I try to rub them on the hot chick in the office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley21 View Post
Butt secks isn't for everyone........but it is for me!
JParuBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 7287
NARB

I hate 'em. Just wanna punch the thing to make it go down sometimes. One time I was car pooling with a coworker and had a mentally exhausting day. So he's driving that day and on the way home I finally let myself relax in the car and apparently got so relaxed that I started getting a fuckin' boner and the more I tried to think it away, the harder it got. I didn't know what to do, so I just shifted sideways in the seat and acted like I was going to sleep, all the while thinking about how incredible gay it is that I had a full blown hardon in a car with some dude.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
I'm a little angel

Member # 4395
Send a message via ICQ to Entropy Send a message via AIM to Entropy
This thread makes me hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim~ View Post
...the vagina is a warm, moist and tropical area.
Entropy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Debauchery Wizard

Member # 80219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welby View Post
NARB

I hate 'em. Just wanna punch the thing to make it go down sometimes. One time I was car pooling with a coworker and had a mentally exhausting day. So he's driving that day and on the way home I finally let myself relax in the car and apparently got so relaxed that I started getting a fuckin' boner and the more I tried to think it away, the harder it got. I didn't know what to do, so I just shifted sideways in the seat and acted like I was going to sleep, all the while thinking about how incredible gay it is that I had a full blown hardon in a car with some dude.
Don't trip......if i'm tired and in a car...its like a recipe for the perfect boner. The morning commute always consisted of a large rockstar and a small boner. don't ask me why cause i don't know.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Debauchery Wizard

Member # 80219
* Most healthy men often wake up in the morning with an erection. "Morning wood" and "Morning tent" are slang terms for this. Men have several erections a night as part of their sleep cycle. Many times they wake up and find they are still erect.

* A man's penis becomes erect in response to sexual arousal and excitement, but it can also become erect as a result of deep relaxation, such as that experienced in deep sleep called REM (rapid eye movement) -- a period of sleep during which you dream.

* An erection is caused by a rush of blood to the penis. A man's penis -- especially that of a young man -- can also become erect without any kind of arousing stimulation; this is known as "spontaneous erection."

* The male testosterone level is at its highest in the early morning during restful sleep, usually built up during the night and at its highest around 4-6 a.m. from my understanding.

* Many times it has to do with what you are dreaming about -- males can be aroused in their sleep and have a nocturnal emission (wet dream).

* No, you do not get an erection because you need to pee. The erection and the need to pee are coincidental. Think about it, do you get a hard-on every time you need to pee?

* Morning erections are technically nighttime erections which happen during Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleep (when most dreaming occurs), although men older than sixty years may have them during even non-REM sleep. Generally, males experience four intervals of REM sleep per night. These spontaneous erections in the wee hours are caused by specific neuroreflexes that are stimulated during REM sleep. Morning erections are the tail end of a series of nighttime erections, as many as five per night that can last for 20-30 minutes each.

* Many people are not aware of the fact that erections do not just serve sexual purposes; they also are a source of increased blood supply to the penis, so the male body will have several erections at night, just to keep the penis healthy.

* Waking usually occurs after a session of Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleep. Just about everyone gets an erection during REM sleep, while you're dreaming. That's why you often wake up from a dream, with a hardon. Also, there is the phenomenon of the "Pee Horn", where you wake up desperate for a pee, with a hardon, and then hit yourself in the eye when you go to the bathroom. Everyone gets it.

* because the whole night they dream about being with supersexy,busty, glamorious chicks

Discuss the question "Why do men get an erection upon waking up?"
Old 01-14-2010, 09:47 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 18661
NARBs suck. No idea what causes them, but as you guys said, they always happen at the worst time.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:49 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 19304
Send a message via MSN to gipper Send a message via Yahoo to gipper
Jeez, it's like the research of mike judge went completely unnoticed. It's the morning wood fairy.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 50639
I figured it was because my dick was tired of me sleeping on it so it decided to prop me up in an attempt to get me to roll off of it.
Rattlecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
I'm a little angel

Member # 4395
* Many people are not aware of the fact that erections do not just serve sexual purposes; they also are a source of increased blood supply to the penis, so the male body will have several erections at night, just to keep the penis healthy.

Erections are healthy? Oh lawdy lawdy... I'm going to use that!
Quote:
Old 01-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 19304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Customcj7 View Post
I've always wondered about this. I mean really, what causes "Morning Wood"?

The reason I ask is because I got to bed late last night, got up at 5, and work is slow as hell. So here I am, half awake, really tired, with a friggin hammer in my pants.

I can't figure it out, this happens every time I'm half awake. Works great for the wifey on the weekends. But when you are in a boring meeting, half awake, and all of a sudden you are chubbing like a 16 year old with his first playboy, there can be some awkwardness.

What the hell causes this? It always happens at the most random times too. It's always unnerving to sit there adjusting your slacks because 1) You're sporting a raging boner, 2) Slacks don't help at all cover it.

Any else suffer from these? I've heard them called NARBs before, No Apparent Reason Boner. I'm the friggin NARB king.

Can't wait till I'm sitting here with one, and someone comes in and I have to stand up in a hurry.
Or falling asleep at your desk trying to read something when your wiener butts up against he bottom of your desk. What makes it extra fun is when someone walks in about then.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
I'm a little angel

Member # 4395
You ever had to ponder a meeting?

Everybody gets up to leave the meeting room - you had to get your ass into work early just to make the retarded meeting...

You've got a raging boner that mental images of Ronald Reagan naked won't put down.

"Hey guys, I'm going to just hang here and go over my notes for the meeting."

Not to mention the fact that you KNOW everybody walking out of that room is thinking *that motherfucker hasn't taken a single note in any meeting I've ever been too!*
Quote:
Old 01-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
Bean flicker

Member # 43637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlecan View Post
I figured it was because my dick was tired of me sleeping on it so it decided to prop me up in an attempt to get me to roll off of it.
I hate when I roll over and it snags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefCakeScout View Post
* * Waking usually occurs after a session of Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleep. Just about everyone gets an erection during REM sleep, while you're dreaming. That's why you often wake up from a dream, with a hardon.
I do that all the time. I'll be thinking, "what the hell was I dreaming about?". Many times, nothing sexual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gipper View Post
Or falling asleep at your desk trying to read something when your wiener butts up against he bottom of your desk. What makes it extra fun is when someone walks in about then.
Like I said, I wear slacks, so if I get a NARB I have no other choice but to adjust it up, and let it tuck behind my belt and pants. So there is this NARB sticking up out of my pants (behind my dress shirt) and poking me in the stomach. Not the most comfortable thing.
Back in college, we were making up acetylene balloons and putting them in a box to take off to light. Guy comes into the room, goes "Balloons!" and grabs a balloon, rubs it on his head, and sticks it to the wall... Everyone was diving for cover...
Old 01-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 34724
fuck, im laughing my ass off at this whole post...

i have a NARB

I get nervous in social situations motherfucker!
EHeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:37 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 110749
To keep you from rolling out of bed, duh!

too late

Last edited by AIRBORNEDF; 01-14-2010 at 10:43 AM.
AIRBORNEDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
fuck off

Member # 102123
It does happen at the wrong times. When I was working and got one i'd just tell everyone I was gonna do a little work on the skid steer and hope it went away quick.

Otherwise i'd be in that thing for hours
72 Chevy 454/465/205 33's
89 Chevy Suburban 454TBI/400/205 6" Procomp lift on 37's
94 Chevy ext. cab 350/4L60e/241 6"BDS lift,35" MTZ's
randy92782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:49 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 140945
YouTube - Beavis and butthead - the mystery of morning wood

sorry can't figure out how to embed
-Jake- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:53 AM   #18 (permalink)
SHOOT TO THRILL!

Member # 26382
you know what i do? i flip my boner up into my waistband. it hides it and it feels awesome.
300sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:55 AM   #19 (permalink)
SHOOT TO THRILL!

Member # 26382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welby View Post
I started getting a fuckin' boner and the more I tried to think it away, the harder it got.
so true
300sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:57 AM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 34347
Send a message via AIM to GTOffroader
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefCakeScout
* Waking usually occurs after a session of Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleep. Just about everyone gets an erection during REM sleep, while you're dreaming. That's why you often wake up from a dream, with a hardon. Also, there is the phenomenon of the "Pee Horn", where you wake up desperate for a pee, with a hardon, and then hit yourself in the eye when you go to the bathroom. Everyone gets it.
lol wut? people piss on themselves? I've completely missed the bowl before but never hit myself in the face.

Last edited by GTOffroader; 01-14-2010 at 10:58 AM.
GTOffroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:06 AM   #21 (permalink)
Sue
Rock God

Member # 13743
This thread is making me Narb....
Old 01-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 19304
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOffroader View Post
lol wut? people piss on themselves? I've completely missed the bowl before but never hit myself in the face.
Jim carrey me myself and Irene
Old 01-14-2010, 11:11 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 37354
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefCakeScout View Post

Waking usually occurs after a session of Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleep. Just about everyone gets an erection during REM sleep, while you're dreaming. That's why you often wake up from a dream, with a hardon. Also, there is the phenomenon of the "Pee Horn", where you wake up desperate for a pee, with a hardon, and then hit yourself in the eye when you go to the bathroom. Everyone gets it.

WTF? THat is when you initiate the "drunken leaning piss"... never shot myself before
James Madison
chris408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:19 AM   #24 (permalink)
fuck off

Member # 102123
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOffroader View Post
Yeah i've never done that but I have shot it in 3 different directions before. Usually after sex. It sucks!
72 Chevy 454/465/205 33's
89 Chevy Suburban 454TBI/400/205 6" Procomp lift on 37's
94 Chevy ext. cab 350/4L60e/241 6"BDS lift,35" MTZ's
randy92782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:19 AM   #25 (permalink)
Bean flicker

Member # 43637
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris408 View Post
WTF? THat is when you initiate the "drunken leaning piss"... never shot myself before
Oh yeah, I hate that. I have to rest my head against the wall above the toilet while trying to force it downward to relieve it.

I've accidentally lost my grip while not paying attention once and it was like a loose firehose. Imagine a hose attached to a diving board after a fat kid jumped off.