Transport Milling Machine (Anaheim, CA to Elk Grove, CA) - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Hauling
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 09:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 50751
Transport Milling Machine (Anaheim, CA to Elk Grove, CA)

I need to have an Acer 3VS milling machine (Looks like a Bridgeport) picked up in a bit north of Anaheim in the LA area. It's on a skid, but I'd gladly pay someone to shoot four 6" 3/8" lags to secure it better before loading along with adding some blocking around the base to keep it from moving on the skid. This would need a fair amount of strapping and we'd have to work to offload in Elk Grove. The weight is around 2,400 pounds. If you'll be making the trip soon and are interested, please PM me with the costs. I need someone with some experience transporting something like this as the load really need to be secured to prevent damage and also since it's a new mill! I know the chances are low, but I figured I'd ask!

Thanks
unixadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 138060
Send a message via MSN to rigger77 Send a message via Yahoo to rigger77
I can do this. I am heading to so-cal this week. I am a machinery mover by trade so I could install it too if you like. I have moved equipment like this for more than half of my life. I will have an empty trailer coming home so if you get this in time please call me. I can be reached most anytime between 6am and midnight. Past those hours a text message or email will come to my phone. The plan is to load and get ready tomorrow in roseville and leave either tomorrow eve. or wed am. I hope that if you still need this done that we can make an arrangement!

Thank you,
Victor Nelson
Legacy Metal Fab.
cell 916-276-7083
rigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2010, 01:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 169952
I found your post concerning having a milling machine transported as I was researching information to have a machine transported as well. Was wondering if you got your machine moved successfully and if so, would you mind sharing your experinece and information. Thank you.
talvare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 50751
I went and got it myself. I rented a 6x12 U-Haul ramp trailer and pulled it from Sacramento to Los Angeles. I went to Dunkel Bros, where they were super cool. They loaded the mill on a 4x4 pallet I made with 4x4s and 2x6 lumber. I attached the mill with 8x1/2" lags, and strapped it down with five heavy duty ratcheting straps. I returned to Sacramento and it didn't budge. I also blocked the pallet in place a bit ahead of the front axle so the load couldn't shift. I removed it using a 5k pound rated pallet jack, after supporting the rear of the trailer with blocks, blocking under the ramp, and putting down some OSB. With a few guys we rolled it off and up my driveway without any issues.

Pics: http://www.dmwtech.com/gallery2/v/welding/machines/3vs/

I think that two page gallery will give you a good idea. Dunkel Bros loaded it with a fork lift by blocking under the Ram and lifting it onto my pallet which was waiting in the trailer.

The 6x12 U-Haul trailer was the nicest towing trailer I've ever used. It was rock solid without any sway. I didn't want to take it back.
unixadm is offline   Reply With Quote