'09 H3T Alpha "Daughter's 1st Ride" - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Hummer
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2015, 09:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 106654
'09 H3T Alpha "Daughter's 1st Ride"

Well picked up a H3T Alpha for my Daughter's first truck. Found it in AZ, was a former SEMA truck for Daystar. Not a big fan of body lifts but it came loaded with Nav and everything. These things are getting hard to find in white or blue. Anyone interested in the Slant Back Snug top I just listed it in the classifieds, "Misc. Stuff For Sale" section. Gotta get her a simple flat bed cover. Not loving the yellow, probably will paint all white unless it grows on me. M-16s are garbage as well. Luckily I have a set of Toyo's at home to throw on it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thehouseofdiesel.com

Facebook

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by HouseofDiesel; 06-03-2015 at 09:23 PM.
HouseofDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2015, 10:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
flamethrower

Member # 75270
Send a message via Yahoo to Bebe
Pretty sure you should give it to me - I'll take good care of it

Stoked for your daughter and a little bit jelly!

Haulin the Groceries AND Haulin the MAIL
Bebe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2015, 07:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 106654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe View Post
Pretty sure you should give it to me - I'll take good care of it

Stoked for your daughter and a little bit jelly!
Thanks. I think your H3 is the pinnacle. That long travel system is insane.

thehouseofdiesel.com

Facebook

Old 06-04-2015, 11:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 175478
awesome! Congrats
Old 09-30-2015, 09:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 117402
Very Nice!! Love those H3T's!!
greenhornet-1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2015, 10:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 423394
I saw that truck at Walgreens in Sedona in 2014 before i bought my H3T Alpha. Nice rig but I agree that it should lose the yellow and the Humvee copycat slant back. Both detract from the H3T's unique profile. I have a Diamondback bedlinered cover that looks great on my T but is a bit of a PITA to r&r for big loads or bulk materials.
Red Rock Red is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2015, 12:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 106654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rock Red View Post
I saw that truck at Walgreens in Sedona in 2014 before i bought my H3T Alpha. Nice rig but I agree that it should lose the yellow and the Humvee copycat slant back. Both detract from the H3T's unique profile. I have a Diamondback bedlinered cover that looks great on my T but is a bit of a PITA to r&r for big loads or bulk materials.
Thanks. It's at the paint shop right now. I ordered the Snug Top flat cover, since I'm restoring the stickers on the driver and passenger doors. Also Ordered LED corner lights and the damn clearance lights cover flew off heading up to NorCal. Sent the deck out as well to get set up for a backup camera. Going to run a 2011 GMC Denali bezel for a tailgate backup camera. Was expensive to have the deck modified because everyone discontinued their modules for the Hummer H3 and H3T's. Was considering an Edge, but they won't pay for the CARB and EPA label for a CTS with Evolution and I'm not going to buy a monitor that doesn't have the tuning in it, and then pay again for a tuner. I'd rather just have some custom tuning done at a local shop on a dyno specific to my motor. Also switched out all the chrome crap to the plastic black and got a chrome door cover and had it powder coated. Pictures to come when it's all done.

thehouseofdiesel.com

Facebook

Old 05-05-2016, 07:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 106654
UPDATE 5/5/16

Well things change. Wound up buying my daughter a brand new Canyon Baby Max and decided to drive the H3T myself for a while. Just finally got the deck back from the stereo guy with the OE deck modified to except a backup camera. The tailgate bezel is just a hair different than a 2011 GMC Denali. Just one of the clips is in a slightly different location. The overall size and shape is almost a direct match so I had them use that to avoid them jenky license plate cameras and for it to look OE. Came out sweet. Now if I can just get the damn clearance light bezel that has been on backorder since NOVEMEBER of last year, I'd drive it every day. Sucks I finally have it repainted and dialed in and it's stuck in the driveway with the wiring harness exposed on the roof. lol I think I could have had a carbon fiber one fabricated by now.

Nav Tv modified the deck and the camera is factory GM for the 2011 GMC Denali. Definition on the deck is premium!

Paint came out sweet too. Was trying to wait for the clearance light bezel to take pictures of it. Back to the Daystar OE all white, but a blacked out all the chrome pieces. Looks much meaner!

thehouseofdiesel.com

Facebook

Old 05-05-2016, 09:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 20099
Hopefully she is a decent driver. Seems like all the women around here drive worse than Asians.
nate379 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2016, 11:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 106654
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate379 View Post
Hopefully she is a decent driver. Seems like all the women around here drive worse than Asians.
Hence the original intention of the backup camera. lol

thehouseofdiesel.com

Facebook

Old 05-06-2016, 01:32 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 20099
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseofDiesel View Post
Hence the original intention of the backup camera. lol

Even forward. I about got rear ended a while back while I was tracking the excavator down the driveway. Friend's niece took off for some sports practice and apparently the orange 70,000lb machine wasn't easy to spot.

Last edited by nate379; 05-06-2016 at 01:32 PM.
nate379 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2016, 11:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 694937
I totally dig the paint, it looks great..!
Kinda "Storm Trooper"... cool..!
sp33dfr33k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2017, 11:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 106654
UPDATE 6/16/17

Well damn it's been awhile. I wound up never giving it to my daughter. After a lot of thought I decided to buy my daughter a brand new rig with a warranty, since she'd be helping us shuttle the younger ones around.

So I've been trying for over the past year to get a replacement clearance light cover built. Absolute pain in the arse! I've gotten everything from the 3d CAD files created to manufacture them out of plastic or aluminum and everything in between. I landed on having a replace created out of Carbon Fiber as to be stronger than the BS factory plastic and hopefully hold up better to the UV battering over time. I'll be looking to sell the negative to a manufacturer/distributor to hopefully open up the possibility for others to be able to get replacements since I got screwed by the only one claiming to be a source never delivering me the product after 2 years from Gstyle! Absolute crook and I'll never be doing business with them again. Hummer Parts Club on the other hand has been awesome to work with on every product that I've bought for our Hummer and have the best customer service in the business. Here are some pictures:

thehouseofdiesel.com

Facebook

Old 06-19-2017, 02:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 106654
UPDATE 6/19/17

Did some lite wheeling at Hollister Hills Father's Day morning, but cut out at 11:30 as it was starting to bake! I love the lockers, but was surprised that our new little Canyon LWN Duramax didn't need them in the same areas that the H3T did. So wish I could have a diesel in the Hummer.

thehouseofdiesel.com

Facebook

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.