Pirate 4x4 banner

H4 in 2010

6K views 39 replies 20 participants last post by  Bebe 
#1 ·
Here comes the H4. get your heeps paid off cause their is one you can afford on the way:grinpimp:
Hummer dealers from around the nation recently gathered in California to attend the annual Hummer All-Dealer meeting. The meeting showcases upcoming products such as the Hummer H3 Alpha and the upgraded 2008 Hummer H2, as well longer term concepts like the H3T and HX. HX is the name Hummer has given to the most heavily rumored concept vehicle which will be designed to compete with the Jeep Wrangler – some are calling it the H4. Whatever name you want to call it, it’s coming. Martin Walsh, Hummer’s General Manager, used the meeting to officially announce that the HX will be available at dealerships in 2010 as a 2011 model, and is no longer just a concept vehicle. Walsh went one step further, but opening a curtain revealing the HX to the lucky few at the meeting. GM reps were on hand to make sure attendees wouldn’t even remove cell phones, which may have picture capabilities, from their pocket. However, we’ve got a pretty good description.
The first impression of the two door and four seating HX is unmistakably a Hummer. This is mainly due to the design of the front, incorporating similar grille, headlights, and bumper designs from previous Hummer models. The high metal to glass ratio, and design of the doors also kept Hummer’s iconic design. Overall, the vehicle was much shorter in overall height and wheelbase and appeared more car-like than its larger counterparts. The model shown had very large, aggressive tires, which may or may not be standard (most likely not). Some of the most unique abilities of the Hummer HX are the removable panels. The two doors are completely removable, as well are panels on the roof. The model on display had everything intact, so it would be hard to tell what kind of open air feeling the removable panels give you – and whether it feels more like a convertible or a T-top. Also removable are the fender flares, which can be taken off to lessen the likelihood of damage during off-roading. The rear of the HX will have an optional slant back, similar to the original Humvee option. “The vehicle almost looked like an enclosed dune buggy with big aggressive tires and exposed shocks,” said one attendee, “And it didn’t have a cheap, flimsy-looking exterior like a Wrangler.”
The Hummer HX will be the 5th vehicle in Hummer’s lineup, since the fourth vehicle, the H3T will be making its debut at dealerships in the Summer of 08. Unfortunately, we have another three years to see the Hummer HX (H4?) produced.

See less See more
#6 ·
I hope that it is a beast,causing other companys(Jeep,Toyota,etc..)to push the envelope.The bad thing is,i cant see GM putting in a solid axle up front.Not that you couldnt put one in but its always easier when it comes from the factory.Im a Jeep guy but i know how annoying it will be for Hummer owners hear people call their h4s jeeps.

#7 ·
I thought i heard the H4 is off the theta platform so look for a no or small frame with independant front and a solid rear. They all say it has to meet the Hummer brand standards unlike the Jeep Compass but we will see. With test tracks in place it will at leat meet H3 off road specs which for the money are very good.

#9 · (Edited)
I have physically seen the H4 and so far, no one has posted a photo that comes close.:smokin: No, I won't say what it looks like but honestly, I have seen it.

In addition, just because a vehicle is off another line or produced in the same factory, does not mean it will not be different. Look at the extra cross members and boxed front/rear ends and the axles, t/case on the H3 vs. the Colorado/Canyon.

#20 ·
I don't really keep up with the hummer brand but I was impressed with the H3 advertising... I am not sure how it performs or what the speca were but the fact the the entire ad focused on how it performs OFFROAD indicates they're focus is more where I like to see it... Unlike a certain brand.

Cough*jeep*cough.

Though I think things fro Jeep might be getting better under Cerbrus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.