Pirate 4x4 banner

rockbuggy, and H1/HMMVV suspension

34K views 54 replies 31 participants last post by  Bebe 
#1 ·
The Chile Challenge made me curious. Lots of diffs hanging on the rocks. Buggies are as big from corner to corner as the H1/HMMVV anymore. The friendly branddickering with one of my pretty extreme rockbuddies, makes me wonder WHY not independent suspension. We used to drive the lifted TJ, and dare not to have air under a tire, so now we have air under a tire immediately, and keep going. I guess one would need some serious rocksliders, and certainly remove most of the body (like some MOGs I saw). Anyone done/doing this?

#42 ·
They are wilwood rotors, i had to machine the spindle so they would mount flush, they are commen parts and i think they were around 185.00 each, i have some 14 inch rotors that would also work if your interested, they wouldnt cleat a 17 inch rim, thats why i didnt use them. the one in the photo are 12.125

#43 ·
I have a LS2 powered truck 4WS IRS IFS 10k Portal rear engine 3spd transfer case 18" wheel travel geared for 130mph @6400 rpm will weigh in at approx 3000lbs. How the FAWK do you post pics on here, read the how to FAQ but all I can find is a thing that tells me to put in a URL for the images.....cant you just upload em?

#48 ·
I used nissan 300zx TT centers, custom made drive flanges that the discs and CV's bolt to. These centers are seriously beef! the ring gear is 9.05" and 1 3/4 thick...I couldn't find and 3rd that is built this strong, used these to eliminate another hard to get to failure point so the only thing I have to replace possibly is the axle/cv but even they are over built for the application. Ill post some more pics of that stuff if you need.

#52 ·
H1 TTC Truck

I remember reading an article in an old issue of Fourwheeler Mag about the greatest TTC Trucks ever. In that article was a Dodge Raider on a H1 Chassis. I can't post pics but I remember googling it brought up a For Sale thread on GreatLakes4x4 & some other pictures of it. It had 44" tires & a bbc & preformed quite well at the TTC obstacles. It sounds like this is the kind of rig tyat demonstrates what you guys are looking for...

I don't have a red star & can't post links right now but I will try to find them later when I get home or if anyone else knows any info about this rig they could post it up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.