which would be better - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > International Harvester
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2001, 11:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 14
Question which would be better

I have a brand new 2wd p/s box,and p/s pump from AGR on my blazer for, crossover steering, that I'd hate to go to waste. Should I:

1- Put the AGR box on my scoutII

2- Go with the stock scoutII box

3- Why the hell are they called box's they look more like cylinders????
Cliffy [JD] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 11:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 7134
Send a message via ICQ to NotQuiteSane
My freind Justin rich got the first scout II version, had to send in a core for them to rebuild.

absolutley no improvement. but it sure looks pretty and helped his wallet lose some weight

Currently on [url=http://members.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aboutme/nqs%40tigger.tmcom.com/]ebay[/url]: Nothing

[url=http://tigger.tmcom.com/~nqs/blogger.html]As I see it[/url] -- An irregular blog
NotQuiteSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2001, 01:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 5982
What are you doing with the Blazer, parts? I heard nothing but bad and indifference to AGR projects, but you already have the parts. I don't think the Blazer box would work on a Scout II, but should work for a Scout, if you mount to the inside of the frame.

I don't know why it's called a box, but then again we use the word box to refer to lot's of things.

Joe

Last edited by jdjanda; 11-10-2001 at 01:39 PM.
jdjanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 02:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 4239
Cliffhanger dont run them Agr pieces of crap. I needed a new box and pump so i got the Agr stuff for my scout worst thing i ever did, once it would get warm (then it would get realy hot and i run a large B/M tranny cooler) it would want to lock up. It locked up in Moab this year and caused me to drop my Terra off of a 4 foot ledge that i didn't see and on to it's side, and it would also start to do the same thing in 2 wheel drive on long trips. The box and pump i had (now have rebuilt Napa parts with no problems) had been to Agr so they could fix it twice and it always came back the same way. The pumps are pretty good but the boxs suck big time. Hope this helps, i don't any body to go through the same thing i had to go through with AGR junk
TERRA-IZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 02:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 5982
Quote:
Originally posted by TERRA-IZER
The pumps are pretty good but the boxs suck big time. Hope this helps, i don't any body to go through the same thing i had to go through with AGR junk
All you have to do to have a high pressure box is here:

Jim Weed

Look in the tech section.

Joe
Old 11-10-2001, 04:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 4239
Joe, i know about that allready, thats what i did to my first pump and my current pump, i belong to the same club (The Binder Bunch) as Jim Weed. AGR are won't warrenty your box unless you run there pump also.
Old 11-10-2001, 10:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 5982
Quote:
Originally posted by TERRA-IZER
Joe, i know about that allready, thats what i did to my first pump and my current pump, i belong to the same club (The Binder Bunch) as Jim Weed. AGR are won't warrenty your box unless you run there pump also.
So that's why you have the box, gotcha, or better AGR got you. I've heard nothing but bad things about the company and product. Appears to be geared towards the Heep crowd with a lot of money to spend, and no reason to spend it other then to be "Hard Core"

Joe
Old 11-10-2001, 10:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 4239
The only reason i got the agr box and pump is because my box was very loose and stated leaking bad so a firend had a Agr set up that he never got around to installing that i bought from him for $100.00 so i thought $100.00 for a new box and pump is worth a try, but it wasn't. Thats the reason i got the AGR stuff, one from the local parts store stock and rebuilt is $200.00 Thats just the box, so i tried the AGR stuff because it was cheap not because i have lots of money to blow like the Jeepers. Hell i'am a cheap wade i only have $4500.00 in my Terra that includes purchase price and the price of a parts Traveler.
Old 11-10-2001, 10:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 5982
Hey, don't blame you, if I got a deal on an AGR box I'd take it too. I think most of us that have been around have heard enough to know not to buy an AGR setup. When AGR first came out with the Scout boxes I, like a lot of people expected the boxes to be quality units. Key word being 'expected'.

Joe
Old 11-11-2001, 07:33 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 14
Thanks for the replies, I'll just try to sell the box and I'll use the pump, which someone here already told me would work with the scout.

Is that to say I can just stick the pump in the IH resevoir, or mount my entire set-up on my scout motor with custom brackets (I know I can do this)
Cliffy [JD] is offline   Reply With Quote