Pirate 4x4 banner

Got my scout yesterday

1K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Hammerlock 
#1 ·
thats right, my first scout....its a beat to hell 66 scout 800. its got the 266 v8 too. the 3speed tranny and the D20? i think it is xcase...the twin sticked one......too bad its not drivers drop. ive heard good things about this xcase.

$100 buck for it. it runs and drives...kinda...the steering drag link its bent to hell, its seriously like the diamater of a dime....:rollseyes:...other than that it runs realatively good. the gas is brown turpentine, and teh carb is toast, but i did drive it around some, so i think it was worth 100$ hah. heres a pic:

another

its not pretty, but its just what i was looking for. i had an F350 4x4 lined up as a doner truck for this build, but that fell through tonight when the guy sold it for 175...complete truck, with a 460 and D60s!!!...needless to say that completely wrecked my night. i now have my sights set on a 460/435/205/2.5 ton GM axles.

i know its ambitious, but i have everything except the 460. now for my real question. has anyone ever used S10 or Dakota springs in their 800? are they too long? i am looking for an off-center spring. something like an xj spring, but i want it to lift the scout. the springs on it are kinda shot, it sags on one corner. i was thinking about pulling rear F150 springs up front because of the weight of the 460 and possibly an xj lift spring out back. is this feesable or am i way off on what may work? if im way off, what do you recomend i want a good 3-4 inches of lift past the stock spring, and then with the SOA on the axles i will be right at about 7. perfect for a 39.5 tire. lots of body trimming if needed, im not afraid on this scout...its beat to hell. and yes the engine tranny xcase combo does fit, ive seen it. there really is room for a rear DS when its all done.

thanks

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
wow, you are fucking stupid if you think i cant post a picture without a red star. i just used a private IP and it didnt let me do that. haha.

newb...haha, you crack me up man, ive been around here since september. i just didnt sign up for a while. and i still dont post shit like you to get my post count up. and yes ill keep you posted ok?:rolleyes:

gawd youre fawking stupid.

heres the pics again:

Edit:

thanks for the link, that scout is bad ass....i could never afford shit like that, but ill built this on right the first time.

#18 ·

i know its ambitious, but i have everything except the 460. now for my real question. has anyone ever used S10 or Dakota springs in their 800? are they too long? i am looking for an off-center spring. something like an xj spring, but i want it to lift the scout. the springs on it are kinda shot, it sags on one corner. i was thinking about pulling rear F150 springs up front because of the weight of the 460 and possibly an xj lift spring out back. is this feesable or am i way off on what may work? if im way off, what do you recomend i want a good 3-4 inches of lift past the stock spring, and then with the SOA on the axles i will be right at about 7. perfect for a 39.5 tire. lots of body trimming if needed, im not afraid on this scout...its beat to hell. and yes the engine tranny xcase combo does fit, ive seen it. there really is room for a rear DS when its all done.

thanks [/B]

Great tech like this is what keeps me coming back. :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.