Pirate 4x4 banner

1300 project

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  txs 
#1 ·
1300 project will be underway, got it and a 1110 and 1210. The 1300 and 1210 have no titles, I want to try and find PO for the 1300 to apply for title. the 1210 is for the cab for the 1300 and the front axle might go in the 1110. I haven't been on this part of the board much, my interests lie with the bigger IH stuff not the scouts but I got booted off the board I was hanging at so here I am. The 1300 has 392 I think but it's locked up so I will be putting motor in it, was thinking of this http://www.pbase.com/image/27155187 Someone said the mv motors are very heavy, I was more concerned about the large protrusion at the lower left front of the motor. Will post pics of all three trucks in a day or two, have tranny out of my dump truck right now, hope to get it fixed and reinstalled tomorrow.

#2 ·
Well I took some pics but the only one that came out was this shot of the 1210 motor, is this the improved cooling? http://www.pbase.com/image/27252946 There are some pics of the 1300 about three pages back in the IH forum under 1 ton binder if anyone is interested, torc left them on his site all this time. I now have some web space rented so I have a bunch of IH pics on the above site if you want to wander around there, I need to get them sorted and labeled.

#3 ·
#4 ·
#5 ·
Are you using the 6-71 and transmission, or the whole truck! :)

What kind of axles/tires do you have planned?

So what exactly is going on here? You're going to build a 1300 with the 6-71 and fuller? You'd better get a rockwell transfercase out of an M35 to handle all that torque. :)

#6 ·
From the looks of your picture album, I WANT YOUR BACKYARD! :)

Would you by chance have a passenger side PTO that would fit a T18 scout transmission? :)

Your project looks interesting.

I remember when I had no junk cars, and dreamed of having just one. Now I'm turning them down. Someday I will have a yard full of broke big rigs...someday...

#7 ·
Grant, I don't know your marital status but if you're not and you ever start shopping for one, show her your "collection" early on, been my experience" that almost all women would rather have a womenizing, drunken, wife beating, meth-head member of gamblers annonymous than a guy who collects a little junk. I have been blessed with one who has an amused tolerance for my 2 vices, junk and the snap-on truck. I only have one R model truck, the rest of the old stuff on that site is at a friends farm about 5 miles away. I won't put the jimmy in anything, don't like the sound of them. I have a 6bt cummins in the truck in pic # 0107, but I really need a one ton highway truck, the 1300 has drums all around, don't know if discs are readily adaptable to the closed knuckle dana 70s. Also have perkins diesel v-8 in a big massey combine, that might be a candidate. The 1300 is ideal for a local junking truck, which is what I'm going to do with it. http://www.pbase.com/image/25924407 ,now that's a rockwell, it's under that old autocar, and is bud type hubs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.