Pirate 4x4 banner

Need axle length mesurements

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Famous potato 
#1 ·
Have a rear axle out of 75-76 international Pickup fleet side Dana 44 . but want some spare shafts . Where to find the mesurements? Do they match any other D-44? Who to call? I NEED Help . Would like to find them before I go to Moab next month.
Thanks
Randy
www.katemcyrocks.com

#4 ·
Hammerlock said:
One way is to pull them and measure then call one of the custom shops. I guess if you can find the BOM number you can call your local dana/spicer dealer and maybe they'll be able to find the info in their books. Do a search on BOM for more info.
BOM #6232A3.Is what I found on the rear Of the axle.

#8 ·
Famous potato said:

Actually a 73, looked at the body again and saw 73. Just was guessing before.
Thanks
'73 makes it easier. '74/'75 1/2 Tons has a wider rear axle (so I have been told, not personally measured) so the shafts are specific.

'69-'73 IH PU is your application. I don't know of any other shaft that is a bolt-in, but there are a couple other vehicles that used a "full width" D44 rear that might work (old fords and some Jeeps come to mind).

I got a couple, but they are complete axles and I'd like to keep them that way for now. Might be able to measure when I get a chance how-ever. Course might be faster for you to just pull one of your shafts and measure... mine aren't really accessible right now.

They should be equal length shafts.

Actually, some of the big axle shops may be able to build a shaft just of the BOM #....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.