Pirate 4x4 banner

Washington IH 4-Wheeling Gathering

11K views 227 replies 20 participants last post by  tmbrtank 
#1 ·
tsm1mt said:
I need to spend some time wheeling in WA.. Hooper and I can see who can do the most tree-rubbin' on one run.
Sounds like a good idea. Lets put together a WA IH trail run weekend. Anybody want to pick a date?

#2 ·
Wheeling

Ben W said:
Sounds like a good idea. Lets put together a WA IH trail run weekend. Anybody want to pick a date?
What time frame? May, or June?

May 15th is tied up for me but the rest of May is fine.. June is pretty much wide open for me right now... if we are going East of the mtns, Funny Rocks, Moon Rocks, etc, I would prefer cooler months. This side of the mtns, summer doesn't really arrive till Aug/Sep, so heat isn't really an issue.

So, I am pretty open right now...

Binder should be back together this weekend or next, Scoutillac is always ready to wheel.. I think Rusty is ready for the go arounds.. :D :D :D

Course Rusty can't talk too much. Anyone who saw him come down the hill at Snort challenge knows he is as capable of hammering the skinny pedal and bouncing off obstacles as well as anyone... ;) He jsut cares enough about asthetics at this point that he still bothers to fix his dents... ;)

#3 ·
Hooper said:
What time frame? May, or June?

May 15th is tied up for me but the rest of May is fine.. June is pretty much wide open for me right now... if we are going East of the mtns, Funny Rocks, Moon Rocks, etc, I would prefer cooler months. This side of the mtns, summer doesn't really arrive till Aug/Sep, so heat isn't really an issue.
May is too early, everything will still be snowed in. There is still quite a bit of snow in early June too. Anytime after that is fine with me. The weather doesn't get that hot up in the mountains, so thats not much of a concern.

#4 ·
June

Ben W said:
May is too early, everything will still be snowed in. There is still quite a bit of snow in early June too. Anytime after that is fine with me. The weather doesn't get that hot up in the mountains, so thats not much of a concern.
OK, late June sounds pretty good to me. Most folks will be tearing down/rebulding, getting ready for 4th of July, so a weekend or two before that would probably be perfect...

Guess I better round up some spare axles and such though... it's a long walk back, and I don't have a trailer (or a reliable tow rig) yet..

heck, maybe my BIL will tag along, and we can get him to flog his junk...

#5 ·
CalROCS Goldendale is 6/18-6/21, the next weekend (6/25-6/27) is a possibility, but a bad choice IMO. After that is is two crowded weekends, 4th of July weekend, and the PNW trail jamboree (7/8-7/11). Any weekend after that would be good.

#6 ·
Ben W said:
CalROCS Goldendale is 6/18-6/21, the next weekend (6/25-6/27) is a possibility, but a bad choice IMO. After that is is two crowded weekends, 4th of July weekend, and the PNW trail jamboree (7/8-7/11). Any weekend after that would be good.
Week after PNW is the M4x4A "Jamboree" along with RMIHR, for those of you that make the treck from the PNW..

Oh wait.. NONE OF YOU DO. :D

BTW.. any of you interested/planning a trip to Spokane/CdA for the BinderBash perchance?

#8 ·
Last Weekend of July

Ben W said:
Looks like the last weekend of July might be good.

How does it look for other folks?

#9 ·
Binder Bash

tsm1mt said:
Week after PNW is the M4x4A "Jamboree" along with RMIHR, for those of you that make the treck from the PNW..

Oh wait.. NONE OF YOU DO. :D

BTW.. any of you interested/planning a trip to Spokane/CdA for the BinderBash perchance?

Maybe, maybe, maybe... That is an open weekend right now... Heck of a drive though... Yeah, I know, I am a wuss about long drives...

#11 ·
Hooper said:
Maybe, maybe, maybe... That is an open weekend right now... Heck of a drive though... Yeah, I know, I am a wuss about long drives...
Spokane/CdA is the halfway point between you n' me. ~300 miles from Seattle and the same from Helena (OK, 280 each side).

I can leave Friday after work and hit CdA Friday night if I want to... BTDT. Or a short lay-over at my brother's in Missoula cuts the CdA drive down to under 3 hours in the AM.

#12 ·
Binder said:
This sounds like a great idea.
Most any weekend is good with me. Have calrocs Goldendale to do and the NWB roundup. May go to the con in Aug some time but I'm not sure of the date. :)
Dan and I have the same thing going on as Rick, Calrocs and NWB Roundup. Just a note the trail ride will be at Browns Camp! I can't speak for Dan, but I would do my best to head up for a run if we could.

BTW.. any of you interested/planning a trip to Spokane/CdA for the BinderBash perchance
Actually I am headed up there this weekend! But now I am thinking about it as I don't think I have anything going that weekend, maybe prep for a comp. As far as the drive 6-7 hours aint nothing!

#16 · (Edited)
tsm1mt said:
I plan to have my junk there on Sat.....probably no Sunday wheeling....

I might be up for a NW wheeling trip but totally depends on the weekend...

Edit: weekend of 7/30-8/1 we're supposed to be in MT on vacation....G/F won't mind if vacation involves wheeling, will she?

R:)

#17 ·
I'd definatly be down for a trip with "the boys".... pick a time and location Ben. End of July looks good on my calander so far.

I got Goldendale and Round-up. Been trying to make Binder Bash for 2/3 years now, looks like it might happen this year.

Oh, FYI, Round-Up is the same weekend as the PNW jambo :D... 7/7-11.

#18 ·
Roundup

RustoleumWhite said:
I'd definatly be down for a trip with "the boys".... pick a time and location Ben. End of July looks good on my calander so far.

I got Goldendale and Round-up. Been trying to make Binder Bash for 2/3 years now, looks like it might happen this year.

Oh, FYI, Round-Up is the same weekend as the PNW jambo :D... 7/7-11.
Just an FYI, I will be leaving for Roundup on Saturday, probably around noon, most likely driving the SSII, camping overnight, and returning late Sunday, probably around...6 or 7.

Alternatively, I could leave Sunday morning, be there Sunday, stay overnight, wheel Monday, and return Monday... (Poor truck)

Saturday morning I have to be in town. But, if I leave at or before noon, that puts me down there around 4 or so (provided my poor steed can handle the drive... <grimace>)

#20 ·
It looks more and more like Ben is right, the end of July appears more promising for something than any other time before that.

Too much going on in the Wheelin/IH world till then. :)

Hoop, the wheeling trip for NWBRU this year is on SUNDAY. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.