Pirate 4x4 banner

Scouts Invade Austin

858 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  TravisSSII 
#1 ·
I have seen tons of Scouts in Austin, Texas, well like 7, but that is a ton in Scout terms. If you own them post up.

I saw a Blue Scout on 33's, a silver one stock, Kit has the Candy Red one, and big scout at a fire station, Bob has his and two others, and Tree has his White / Blue one. I have seen a couple I don't know too.

Lets set up a Texas Scout Run.

#2 ·
If you would haul your ass to Katemcy, you will see mine there on Memorial day weekend. I'm the guy who gets COMPLETLLY drunk and tells stories about herion addicts and country songs that are thinly disguised as plea's for anal sex.

#4 ·
A trailer? WTF? I have been driving the "Barnstormer" the whole way. There and back. Sure, I had to borrow a tire to get get home once. If your sweating a trailer, maybe you need to stick to the "Aggie Highway". The "Waterfall" backwards is fun for a 33" equipped truck.

#8 ·
Scouts In Austin

Hey Travis and others,
I have seen lots of scouts lately myself. The blue rallye you are talking about belongs to a guy named Rob. I met him a couple of weeks ago. There are 5 scout II's in my neighborhood and 1 800. Heck of a collection. There is also a 73 1110 regular cab pickup. Original owner. We need to set up a local thing . I will try to get better organized this summer.
Talk to you guys soon.
Bob Koester
512-848-0356

#9 ·
Electric Bob is usually involved in the Austin area "Wrenchathon". When I got my SII a couple of years ago I went one. Nice guys ,very helpfull.

I haven't been to the Gilmer Scout run yet.

In Buda @ the Heep Outfitters place is a mechanic that recently picked up a SII. I cant remember his name, but nice guy .

#11 · (Edited)
howdy,
my wife has been driving hers lately...73 Scout II, newish Pewter paint and new white soft top. it's still not really done yet (too much other stuff to do, including grad school...i see you've been sucked in too Dmitri), but it's now on the road!

it's the lean that bothers me most...put on new springs and left out spacer. mistake.

Tim

edit:
ps--i'd be interested in a wrench-a-thon for sure!
ALSO looking for good condition visors and nice 73-era door mirrors. maybe disc front axle. birthday presents!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.