Pirate 4x4 banner

I don't know why I did this.

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Logjam-grant 
#1 · (Edited)
I wasn't going to do this yet, but I did it anyway.

first pic is stock. 27 in tires, SUA.

second is 35 in tires, SUA. (They actually measure about 33 inches.)

third is SOA on the 27s.

fourth is soa on 35s. Still on dana 27 axles. (axle bustin' fun!)

I did it in 2 days in my driveway, rear on monday and front on tuesday. I didn't cut and turn the knuckles, so the driveshaft angle is pretty bad. I pulled the shaft anyway as it is now too short. I also have to weld up something to attach my shocks to.
I'm not going to wheel this as it is, right now it's just a poser until I get some money to finish it. Next on the list is a cage and some D44s with maybe a 4:88 gear (motor is a 152) and some sort of locker, I haven't decided yet.

#4 ·
Urban Wheeler said:
...Next on the list is a cage and some D44s with maybe a 4:88 gear (motor is a 152) and some sort of locker,...
Damn, I wish I was further along with my plans than I am. I have a 14 bolt and D60 waiting to go into my SII. When I swap those in, I'll need to find a new home for my D44 rear with 4.88's and Detroit and my D44 front with 4.88's and an ARB. You sound like just the foster parent to adopt them... :flipoff2:

#5 ·
Mechanos said:
Damn, I wish I was further along with my plans than I am. I have a 14 bolt and D60 waiting to go into my SII. When I swap those in, I'll need to find a new home for my D44 rear with 4.88's and Detroit and my D44 front with 4.88's and an ARB. You sound like just the foster parent to adopt them... :flipoff2:
Unless he wants a pair of 44's with 3.54's a bit closer to home :laughing:

#16 · (Edited)
Yeah, dually only on one side. All the lug nuts on the dually kit kinda shearedoff on one side after some looser at the local university loosened up all but 2 of my lug nuts about 5 turns. Going down the road I hear a click click and then kaboom as both wheels shoot out the side of the rig... :(

Anyway, the christmas lights are :grinpimp: . ;) All the soccer mom types who would not even dare catch a glance at the scary truck would wave frantically trying to get my attention while smileing. Running 450W of christmas lights also bakes a brown glow around the rig on the highway. So far the police haven't cared yet. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.