Pirate 4x4 banner

304 flywheel on 152

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Diesel Smoke 
#1 ·
304 flywheel on a 152 is it all the same .....balance? thanks

#3 ·
thanks when i set them side by side you could really tell, i just drilled and taped the 196's flywheel to fit my 11" clutch......now thw the only problem is i used stock V8 mounts to put the 4 in and the carb sits kinda slanted to the passenger side hoping to get a wedge plate made so it will sit strait again though.....but i got to say for only being a 4 popper is has a lot more power than any 258 that i ever had in my scout....

#4 ·
13lettershitspreader said:
thanks when i set them side by side you could really tell, i just drilled and taped the 196's flywheel to fit my 11" clutch......now thw the only problem is i used stock V8 mounts to put the 4 in and the carb sits kinda slanted to the passenger side hoping to get a wedge plate made so it will sit strait again though.....but i got to say for only being a 4 popper is has a lot more power than any 258 that i ever had in my scout....
You think thats strong?...Put a whole engine in there and you will really be impressed
:p

#5 ·
...the only problem is i used stock V8 mounts to put the 4 in and the carb sits kinda slanted to the passenger side...
To my knowledge, there isn't any difference between a V8 mount and L4 mount when comes to the Scout II's. But what do I know........

#6 ·
now thw the only problem is i used stock V8 mounts to put the 4 in and the carb sits kinda slanted to the passenger side hoping to get a wedge plate made so it will sit strait again though.....
you probably useing a manifold from an 80/800 Scout but have your motor set up like a SII.... so you need a Scout II 196 manifold....

If this is the case I'd be happy to trade you a SII 196 manifold for a 80/800 196 manifold.....

if you got a 152... then wedge plate is your best bet.

#7 ·
Mechanos said:
Not the same.... the 4-cylinders are externally balanced and the 8-cylinders are internally balanced (or the other way around, can't remember which).
We found out you need to knock the big weight off of the V-8 fly wheel to get it to balance. I was really worried about doing it, so my Dad took it to work and but it on a balancing arbor, then knocked the weight off. Almost perfect. I guess I should note, Binderbound was right and I was wrong.....again! :flipoff2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.