Pirate 4x4 banner

Hey

894 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Paul_F_Pearson 
#1 ·
Hi All, So What Is This Team Rock Scout And Were Going To Pismo For Memorial Day, Just Wondering If Any Other Scouts Will Be There, Later, Paul

#2 ·
Paul_F_Pearson said:
Hi All, So What Is This Team Rock Scout And Were Going To Pismo For Memorial Day, Just Wondering If Any Other Scouts Will Be There, Later, Paul
Paul

That would kinda be the improptu name Binderbound and myself gave our little rock crawling adventure. Nothing official or anything like that, at least not this year, probably next :D. Dan has plans for memorial day, as do I. Maybe next year.

Carl

#4 ·
Paul_F_Pearson said:
Thats cool,where are you guys out of and have you done any competitions yet?
We are out of Oregon, kinda Molalla-Oregon City-Canby area. We ran at Goldendale last year with Dan's Scout and decided we needed to build a purpose built crawler. So, now we are almost done with our Scout 80 based Stock Mod crawler. This last weekend we went to a small crawl and took 6th out of 13. I think it is pretty good as we had the smallest tires in the class!! On tap for the rest of this year is the rest of the Calrocs series, at least we hope. We will be at Goldendale for sure. Next year???? Who knows, we are hoping to do all of Calrocs and who knows what else.

Thanks for the interest here is our project!!

#7 ·
If I remember right, you put a 727 behind a 196, right? How is that combo working? All the threads on putting a 727 behind a four banger come down to it's a bad idea, not enough power. Any mods to the motor, besides the header and FI?

I'm in the planning stages of a model 80 and not sure I want to risk a T-90 between a 152 and low gears with big tires.

#8 ·
Urban Wheeler said:
If I remember right, you put a 727 behind a 196, right? How is that combo working? All the threads on putting a 727 behind a four banger come down to it's a bad idea, not enough power. Any mods to the motor, besides the header and FI?

I'm in the planning stages of a model 80 and not sure I want to risk a T-90 between a 152 and low gears with big tires.
I guess I need to clarify. Dan and I needed to get competing, and since Rock Scout isn't done we wheeled his everyday Scout in this comp, since it was a smaller "For the Fun of it" event. Rock Scout will make its debute at Goldendale this year.

Thanks for the interest guys!

Carl

P.S. Urban Wheeler. We will let you know how the 196-727 combo works. The only mod to the 196 (Scout II 196) is the FI, later mods are to come, but we need to see where the preformance is needed and go from there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.