Pirate 4x4 banner

Finally broke my Rockwell!!

812 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  BLK Scout 800 
#1 ·
Well I finally got home long enough to wheel the Scout up at Disney, Oklahoma last weekend. After 1 full year of solid abuse and "product testing" I managed to trash the rear chunk of my steering Rockwell. Sorry no pics yet as I havent torn it down yet but when I do it's going to be brutal. I started noticing a grinding noise from the rear after a hard climb but continued on to the next obsticle. Arriving at "Little Blue" the grinding became popping. Opting for the "chicken route" and head straight back to camp the rear completely locks up as I hit the dirt road. I drove in reverse to the pavement then put it in first low and stomped it till it 'unlocked' pulling the studs out of the housing as the chunk tried to come out! The sound was unbelievable! I've found that there is only one thing that sounds better than an axle lettin go and that is the sound of a Rockwell lettin go! I'll get pics up soon...

Sean

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.