Pirate 4x4 banner

doors: to cut or not to cut that is the question

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  61scout80 
#1 ·
I like the look of the "jeep" door, (I think) Welded solid. But i dont know if id rather fab some up, or cut my originals, any ones $0.02 would be apreciated

#10 · (Edited)
Most of the screws holding mine came out with a phillips bit in an impact wrench. Two I had to drill.

There is in 80 at the JY, and sometimes I think about getting the doors from that and cutting them down. Then I can put mu top and good doors on for winter. I think I would cut them about where the stripes are on my truck.

#11 · (Edited)

grease the door pins and hammer them out, then you could put the doors back on when it rains or gets cold.

if you make them into 1/2 doors be sure to make them w/ a latch, so when you do get that thing lifted you (or your woman) can still easily get in.

If you want somethign to keep you in, make tube doors, best of both worlds.

::EDIT:: if you don't mind about 2" of hinge hanging off the side, or plan to put the doors back i wouldn't mess w/ the screws, but if your never putting the doors back on, take them out so they don't get hung up on anything

I guess you convinced the parents to let you keep it?

#13 ·
well , i was thinking about cutting a "notch" in the door (a smaller door opening in the door) and then removing the hinges and welding it in solid.
(my dads still pretty pissed, any time i mention he he wants me to "forget about that fucking thing") but im pretty sure i dont care.

#14 ·
Beebz said:
well , i was thinking about cutting a "notch" in the door (a smaller door opening in the door) and then removing the hinges and welding it in solid.
(my dads still pretty pissed, any time i mention he he wants me to "forget about that fucking thing") but im pretty sure i dont care.
That will make your rig a pain in the ass to get in and out of. Especially onece you really get the bug and it gets taller.

I think the 80/800s look great with just the doors removed as is. I'd ditch 'em, or make some tube doors. I've always thought tube doors would look slick on a nicely done 800.

And good for you for sticking up for the Scout and letting you dad fawk off. Sounds like the poor guy has no adventure in him.

#15 ·
Sully said:
That will make your rig a pain in the ass to get in and out of. Especially onece you really get the bug and it gets taller.

Getting in and out would really be a pain, especially when a cage is added, and like sully said, it gets taller. I recomend taking them off, and if you know you'll never use them again sell/trade them for other parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.