Pirate 4x4 banner

392 carb overflow fix?

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Old Scout 
#1 ·
Hello,

Is there a simple way to keep a carb for a 392 (1976 model) from overflowing when the going gets steep? Sorry, I don't know which carb it is if there were more, but I can find out later.

In the lines of modifying the floater thing or something, or if other carbs fit. (P.S. Student bugdet. Want EFI, can't afford it)

Thanks.

#2 ·
It shouild be a Holley 4160 or a Carter Thermoquad. We will need to know what one before, we can tell ya what to do.

Holley:

Carter Thermoquad:

#4 ·
Had a look yesterday, and I'm pretty sure it's number two, the Carter. Couldn't see the characteristic chambers on the sides of the Holley. So, any tricks for it?

#5 · (Edited)
Amund said:
Had a look yesterday, and I'm pretty sure it's number two, the Carter. Couldn't see the characteristic chambers on the sides of the Holley. So, any tricks for it?
Dump it and get a Rochester quadra jet There the best off road carb made. There an easy find ,GM put them on millions of cars and trucks. There are two styles of gas inlets. you will need the side inlet style as seen in the pic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.