Pirate 4x4 banner

Difference between a Scout II power box and Scout 800 power box

880 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  weigellj 
#1 ·
Other than the external Differences, are the internals of a Scout II and Scout 800/80 the same?

#3 ·
In the parts book it lists the rebuild kit I got for a 76-79 scout with a 304. (Assuming this is a scout II). Instructions on the sheet said for a scout 80/800, and the diagram of the power steering box mounted it to the inside of the frame rail, not the outside.

I'm stumped

#4 ·
weigellj said:
In the parts book it lists the rebuild kit I got for a 76-79 scout with a 304. (Assuming this is a scout II). Instructions on the sheet said for a scout 80/800, and the diagram of the power steering box mounted it to the inside of the frame rail, not the outside.

I'm stumped
Dude, inside the rail or outside the rail.... a Saginaw is a Saginaw on the inside. All the inards are the same, they rebuild the same. They didn't resign the whole box and the way it operates just for the Scout II. Those are probably just generic instructions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.