Pirate 4x4 banner

SII steering box Q's

892 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Fawk Awph 
#1 ·
Im using a ScoutII steering box on my latest toy buildup and Im having an issue with the pressure line. I built a custom line using stainless hydraulic pressure fittings etc. My problem lies not in the new fittings leaking but the stock fitting leaking where it screw into the box itself. I have both a stock fitting and another that was used on a buddies scout and both of them leak like a stuck pig! I can find no problems with the flare of the fitting or the flare nut being damaged. My only thought on this would be that the brass seat in the box must be worn. Do any of you have any ideas Im almost to the point of being stumped and its driving me nuts! Im also interested in the possibility of changing the seat assembly if that is even possible. Any thoughts would be a big help thanx in advance.
DWT

#5 ·
Gen. Nonsense said:
:shaking: Jeez OS, I thought you would know by now. IH had custom parts built by parts munufacturers specifically for the Scout. (i.e. brake parts, steering boxes, axles, etc.)

:flipoff2:
Yea your right, when Josh's POS D&C ported box blew up on the con last weekend the jeep end cap we installed was just lucky! :rolleyes:

#9 ·
I realixe that its just a redesigned saginaw box. But different manufacturers call for subtle differences in the designs, that is why I asked here. Not because I thought that noone else would know the answer but because I figured that if someone would know if the seat assembly was replaceable one of you guys would know. If you think this post is a waste of time, sorry Ill delete it I was just looking for a little guidance.

#11 ·
speaking of scout boxes....everyone tells me that the V8 800s had the same box as the SII. is the also true with the 266 V8 800s? i just tore my old leakey non power box off this weekend...it sat on the outside of the frame....it lookes like the SII box would be a direct bolt in?.............meh..nevermind....wont work...my bad.

Callen

#12 ·
Fawk Awph said:
speaking of scout boxes....everyone tells me that the V8 800s had the same box as the SII. is the also true with the 266 V8 800s? i just tore my old leakey non power box off this weekend...it sat on the outside of the frame....it lookes like the SII box would be a direct bolt in?.............meh..nevermind....wont work...my bad.

Callen
I *think* you answered your own question....

80/800's *never* came with PS factory... and if they did, it was not a SII box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.