Pirate 4x4 banner

Nissan Pathfinder PS Box?

874 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Binder 
#1 ·
i was at the junk yard the other day and ran across one of these. it looked almost exactly like an SII box. anyone got pics of one...i had one but it was pixelated real bad. you think it could handle some 38s? just curious.

Callen

#2 ·
Why mess with success, SII Saginaw boxes are proven and not that hard to find and would cost about the same as Nissan box.

#3 ·
I agree

The SII box is more than capable of handling the pressures of 38's...It is actually the best component on the entire steering system. There is much more to worry about to run 38's successfully and routinely.

1. Pump
2. Lots of cooling
3. Links and TRE's
4. Bracing

Those 38's are more than enough beef to disagree with the frame. Much over 32's are as well. You will need to beef or oversize your links with that much contact surface area as well. The tiny tiny little 5/8 TRE's on the stock links are also not ready for that kind of resistance.

Are you thinking of running Hi-steer? This is going on an 80/800 right?

If so then it is best if you do all this at the same time. Don't forget about placement of the box relative to the knuckles. Short knuckle steering arms and long pitman are o.k. as long as you place the box accordingly.

So I would think that the Nissan box would also cause a headache requiring custom high pressure side hoses. Ones that go from flare/jic whatever to Metric...great for trail fixes...

Stick with the IH...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.