Pirate 4x4 banner

Differences betwene scouts and scout 2's

1K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  Buckshot33 
#1 ·
new to the world of scouts.

#14 ·
II's came with better axles (all had D44 rears, and open knuckle D30 or D44 fronts), have more cargo room, and are more comfortable. 80/800s have better approach/departure angles (especialy departure). Some 800's, 800A's, and 800B's had V8's and/or T18 four speeds. A few had closed knuckle D30 fronts instead of D27s (big wow) ;) Of course, this is all for STOCK rigs. Every one of these attributes can and has been changed by many folks. A II with a bobbed rear end takes care of the departure angle problem nicely. An 80/800 with SOA and swapped in axles becomes MUCH stronger (no one here has EVER done that) :grinpimp:

For me, my SII is and will remain MOSTLY stock as my daily driver (10K miles in a year so far...). My 67 800 will be modified more for heavier trail use. It also seems a better match to the 196 I4 (here come de "half a motor" flames) :nuke:

To each his own... To me, an 80/800 is more basic and utilitarian (especialy early 80's with fold down windshields and sliding windows) while II's are more "modern" (for a 24 year or older rig that is). They do better with such high tech features as PS, AC, and a V8. They also have a real rear seat, as well as more room for :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.