Pirate 4x4 banner

Cutout Fender Flares (Need Some Additional Help)

5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  ChiScouter 
#1 ·
Hi, all. New to this forum. Usually visit the BinderBulletin but can't seem to get any good pictures or info on cutout fender flares. I have a '74 Scout II and have recently tubbed the rear cutting out the inner fender wall. From what I have read I think this may make it easier to install the cutouts (will have to deal with the front when installing the flares). Anyway, I have noticed some slight cancer about 2" above the rear fender lip (probably from water getting in between the inner and outer fender. I would like to cut this out and install moderate fender flares (cutouts). Currently I am running 32's so I don't want anything that makes the rig look out of place (big fenders with "little" tire look). Not really concerned if one looks "square" or "round", though pictures would be great so as to make up my mind. I've read some of the posts here and some recommend chevy fenders or bronco fenders with rears only or fronts only, sort of confusing to me. I would appreciate if some who have used these other car manufacturer cut out flares could post the picture and what year the vehicle fender flare used was and if it was "fronts" or "rears" or what have you. Thanks for the help.

#2 · (Edited)
First, welcome. Now put your flame suit on and grow some thick skin and a sence of humor.

Sencond: SEARCH in the last year or so there have been a couple threads on "cut out" flares. Pics, what works, what doesn't. Not a ton of info cause most people don't bother with flares.

IMO, 32's with anything larger than a stock wheel well is going to look funny, no mater what you do. People usually don't think "over sized" flares till above 35's. So you tubed the inner fenders, but haven't cut the outer??? Usually those go hand in hand. Why did you tub it?? Shouldn't need to for 32's.

Post a pic of your rug and tell us a bit about your self.

#3 ·
RustoleumWhite said:
First, welcome. Now put your flame suit on and grow some thick skin and a sence of humor.

Sencond: SEARCH in the last year or so there have been a couple threads on "cut out" flares. Pics, what works, what doesn't. Not a ton of info cause most people don't bother with flares.

IMO, 32's with anything larger than a stock wheel well is going to look funny, no mater what you do. People usually don't think "over sized" flares till above 35's. So you tubed the inner fenders, but haven't cut the outer??? Usually those go hand in hand. Why did you tub it?? Shouldn't need to for 32's.

Post a pic of your rug and tell us a bit about your self.
Inner fender was cut out to make room for a much bigger one. The rear tire would rub on the rear of the inner fender when stuffed - chewing up my tread. I did do the search on cutouts and there is a few suggestions but no pictures attached. Only one pic in the 6 or so threads. Basically all I wanted to do was cut out about 2"-(maybe)3" inches out of each outer fender.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Does anyone have pictures of a scout II with EY bronco flares? I saw one on the BinderBulletin but it seems the front part of the cutout does not come all the way down to the front (leaves a gap). It also seemed like it did not follow the contour of the scout fender opening. Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.