Pirate 4x4 banner

Best Scout II soft top???

7K views 43 replies 17 participants last post by  SnowScoutII 
#1 ·
Considering price, durability, and ease of removal, who makes the best rag top for the Scout II's?

What kind of bar is needed for the full tops?

Thanks,

#2 ·
I prefer a metal trash can lid tie-wrapped to the rollbar. Its just wide enough to keep the rain and sun off my head. Increadibly sturdy. And when it gets rusty, a qwick spray of chrome paint adds some bling( and the paint get you really high).Of course, the rollbar is made of S-40 PVC. :rolleyes:

#5 ·
Appreciate the link Shadow man, I was thinking the tops had to go over existing rollbars. Now I see they come with their own frame, real nice... :)

For those that keep the hard tops on, when the factory (junk) headliner comes out, what is everyone putting back in place???

#7 ·
FAAAAWWWWKKKKK....

As you have found out you do not need a cage for support of the top. A simple internet search would have provided this information for you...

Do not purchase the strip mounted "fast trac" top. The securement method sucks major ass. You will be hard pressed to ever get the top fully "fastened" after the vinyl has stiffened. Putting the top on under 75 degrees F, forget about it...Purchase the old style snap on top.

Why run a top? Do you have a cage? Sewing machine?

#8 ·
Every snap-on top I've ever seen (unless garaged kept) seems to have many, if not all of the snaps rusted or either rusting out the body where their installed. Technology has come a long ways with undercoatings and paint; however, that why I was looking at the fast trac.

"appreciate the info on the internet search, your mama must be proud of you" :rolleyes:

#11 ·
Dblbeard said:
Did Kerry teach you that at his siminar NOtQuiteSane????
So spelling isn't right up there with the mandated learning requirements in SC is it? I know when I was in Spartanburg last fall even billboards had typo's... :laughing:

As for tech...treat your snaps with spray on silicone/graphite lube. it is non-discoloring and will coat your snaps so that they will not rust and or stick to the base snap.

Fast trac is the work of the devil :evil: You have been fore warned

Oh yeah you fucking no searching ASS HAT NEWBIE... :shaking:

Welcome

#12 ·
Dblbeard said:
Did Kerry teach you that at his siminar NOtQuiteSane????
Hey dumbass! No tech=chit chat. Save your lame remarks for chit chat.

Fast track is OK if you never want to take your top off again. When the top is new and warm, fine, it goes right on. 3 months later, sun goes away, you want it on, no dice. Might as well put a jacket on, cuz its easier.

And another thing... dont even think about pulling that hard top until you have a roll bar or SOMETHING in there. That windshield from will not save your life. Its sad to think the only reason you were gonna put one in was to support the soft top :shaking: Ask this shit over at the binder bulletin. Come back when your roll bar has grown into a full cage.

#13 ·
So it's gang up on the "newbie" day?

Never seen so many juvenile acting, 4x4 driving idiots in one place. (like that harvest of sorrow??)

The Fast trac seems to be well like on other sites, maybe they are selling them.

Oh, down her in the flatlands of SC, we haven't seen a big issue of not having rollbars. (as long as you act like you got some sense)

Appreciate all the good advice from everyone, sound like you may have saved me a big headache.

#14 ·
Dblbeard said:
QUOTE]

NO FUCKSTAIN...it is not gang up on the newbie day...That was not shit for a mean reply either...if you thought so you should check the dampness of your fucking tampon you little bitch.

Like BinderBound mentioned...Take the top off and the rig should not move without putting something of the same strength back in it's place. Like a well thought out roll cage or at the least a 4 point bar. Even in your "flatlands of SC" anything can and will happen. Do a little reading around this site before you flap your fucking ignorant jaws around and you will see many many examples of accidents happening on flat semi level ground. The street is flat on the way to picking up your kids at school or going for a burger and fries right? You can never under estimate what someone else will do in traffic.

Of course if you ended up a fucking stain on the road at least it would be a chance to say we told you so...

Dblbeard said:
Never seen so many juvenile acting, 4x4 driving idiots in one place. (like that harvest of sorrow??)
QUOTE]

Another comment like that you little bitch and I will spend my frequent flier miles on a trip to the 'Carolinas and do a little bitch hunting...

Sit back and use the button called "SEARCH" scroll down to the "ADVANCED SEARCH" feature and use it. Lance has put many great features into the search function so that it query's the database smoother and filters the results much finer...

SO FUCK YOU...

#15 ·
Harvester of Sorrow said:
Dblbeard said:
QUOTE]

NO FUCKSTAIN...it is not gang up on the newbie day...That was not shit for a mean reply either...if you thought so you should check the dampness of your fucking tampon you little bitch.

Like BinderBound mentioned...Take the top off and the rig should not move without putting something of the same strength back in it's place. Like a well thought out roll cage or at the least a 4 point bar. Even in your "flatlands of SC" anything can and will happen. Do a little reading around this site before you flap your fucking ignorant jaws around and you will see many many examples of accidents happening on flat semi level ground. The street is flat on the way to picking up your kids at school or going for a burger and fries right? You can never under estimate what someone else will do in traffic.

Of course if you ended up a fucking stain on the road at least it would be a chance to say we told you so...

Dblbeard said:
QUOTE]

Another comment like that you little bitch and I will spend my frequent flier miles on a trip to the 'Carolinas and do a little bitch hunting...

Sit back and use the button called "SEARCH" scroll down to the "ADVANCED SEARCH" feature and use it. Lance has put many great features into the search function so that it query's the database smoother and filters the results much finer...

SO FUCK YOU...

Someone wasn't loved at all when he was a child....... :shaking: :shaking: :shaking:

And isn't loved at all today... :shaking: :shaking: :shaking:

No wonder this place is so slow.

#16 ·
Harvest of Sorrow,
I'm sitting here trying to figure out the purpose of your language and anger at someone you've never met. Sometimes it's awful hard to act like a Christian when there are so many people around acting like you.
Have I called you any such name? Please show me the same respect and hold those to yourself.
I would like to get helpful hints and tips on my Scout, I don't mind kidding or even some hacking, but if you insist in using that kind of language just leave it up to the others to give me the tips.

God Bless,

Dblbeard

#17 ·
Dblbeard said:

The Fast trac seems to be well like on other sites, maybe they are selling them.

Oh, down her in the flatlands of SC, we haven't seen a big issue of not having rollbars. (as long as you act like you got some sense)

Appreciate all the good advice from everyone, sound like you may have saved me a big headache.

:rolleyes:

First of all, fast trac tops suck. That's not a "site opinion", that's a personal opinion from someone who owned one and threw the POS away. I had one for my 800A, and I will never buy another one. Once again, they suck.

And another ":rolleyes:" for your idiotic comment about not needing a roll-bar. If you take the top off, you should have one, no matter what kind of driving you are doing. Accidents happen, regardless of how you drive, and I defy you to find a Scout that can handle like a Maserati in an emergency situation.

So go ahead and run without a rollbar. The windshield frame will do just about as good a job of keeping your Scout from crushing you as your apparently empty head will do when you flop.

#18 ·
Dblbeard said:
Harvest of Sorrow,
I'm sitting here trying to figure out the purpose of your language and anger at someone you've never met. Sometimes it's awful hard to act like a Christian when there are so many people around acting like you.
Have I called you any such name? Please show me the same respect and hold those to yourself.
I would like to get helpful hints and tips on my Scout, I don't mind kidding or even some hacking, but if you insist in using that kind of language just leave it up to the others to give me the tips.

God Bless,

Dblbeard
I really don't think he was kidding...

#19 ·
Dblbeard said:
Harvest of Sorrow,
I'm sitting here ...blah blah blah blah...I am a christian...blah blah...
No hate fellow wheeler.

You must recognize the temple for which you have come to worship though. Sacred is this place with its many off the wall rituals. One of which is chastizing the newbie for his sins of not searching the internet...

The brethern of the site gave you some responses...minimal hazing of said junior member occurred...TECH even was dropped in the post...oh my :eek:

Then you make a retort like this..."Never seen so many juvenile acting, 4x4 driving idiots in one place. (like that harvest of sorrow??)"

Do not preach to me about rationalizing my behavior...Also, no I do not know you, nor do you know I...we might be both outstanding members of society...Unfortunately you do not understand the ways of the internet chest pounding do you? It is called sarcasm...I even mentioned welcome in my post before you insulted me with your above comment....

So before you go off and insult me....and my little bit o' "hacking" as you called it...it might do you well to realize who started the pissing match in who's church..."Sometimes it's awful hard to act like a Christian when there are so many people around acting like you."

So like I mentioned the snap strip tops are the best way to go if you plan on taking the top on and off...Silicone spray the snaps to prevent rust...especially in SC where the humidity is constantly 95% or better :). Get at least a stock Scout II 4 point bar to protect in the event of a roll or traffic collision. If you plan on taking the top off for extended amounts of time store it with the window flat and NOT ROLLED....they will crack if left for too long and you attempt to unroll them anywhere below 55F...

Ohhh and BLIND DRIVER....quit trying to hijack the newbies post :flipoff2:

#20 ·
Dblbeard said:
Harvest of Sorrow,
While not HoS, I personally would rather you didn't act like a Christian. I perfer civilized people

You want tips? here's two:

SEARCH
THE
FUCKING
WEB!

READ
THE
FUCKING
MANUAL!

NQS

#24 ·
Guys I am new here but I cant believe the way you would treat a new person here just trying to get some help. I have always thaught for the most part the IH comunity was better than that maybe the Jeeps guys would use all of this profanity and harsh words but not us. I actually know Dblbeard and I dont think you would talk to him that way if you talked to him in person. All he wanted was everyones advice on the best soft tops for his Scout II. If you disagree with what someone says you dont have to berate them and use all of this profanity you could just tell them. I personally have a fast trac top that was made in 1986 by kayline and it still works fine and I live here in SC so oh well I guess I was lucky acording to you guys. I guess what I really wanted to say is how about trying to help people out from now on and not just act like 12 year olds.

#25 ·
ScoutmanII said:
Guys I am new here but I cant believe the way you would treat a new person here just trying to get some help. I have always thaught for the most part the IH comunity was better than that maybe the Jeeps guys would use all of this profanity and harsh words but not us. I actually know Dblbeard and I dont think you would talk to him that way if you talked to him in person. All he wanted was everyones advice on the best soft tops for his Scout II. If you disagree with what someone says you dont have to berate them and use all of this profanity you could just tell them. I personally have a fast trac top that was made in 1986 by kayline and it still works fine and I live here in SC so oh well I guess I was lucky acording to you guys. I guess what I really wanted to say is how about trying to help people out from now on and not just act like 12 year olds.
Fuck you...

Hey would somebody turn off the neon sign that says "Pirate4x4.com is looking for ****** ass crybaby whiners..."

Must be slow over on the BB huh?

Ohhh and by the way...I am 12x2.5833333333333 years old.

#26 ·
Harvester of Sorrow said:
Fuck you...

Hey would somebody turn off the neon sign that says "Pirate4x4.com is looking for ****** ass crybaby whiners..."

Must be slow over on the BB huh?

Ohhh and by the way...I am 12x2.5833333333333 years old.
Yeah, what he said. You dont go into a hardcore rock crawling website and ask a newbie dumbshit question and then get snotty with us. Then he blows off our genuine concern for his saftey by adding the roll bar. Fuck him.

I hope he's happy your here defending his honor. You can tell him all about it tonight when your spooning, whispering in his ear.

I just turned 10 :flipoff2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.