Pirate 4x4 banner

wiring the golden box????

570 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  tsm1mt 
#1 ·
I just got a 76 terra with a 196,,,, the wiring it toast but it runs like a top.
So I`m going to use it around the shop as a boom truck for now... but I want to re work the wiring down to the bare bones that the motor needs to run. so how do I go about wiring the golden box? I have looked around but have not yett found a good wiring pic for this system.

#6 ·
You need the GB disty for the 4cyl.

A V8 or 4cyl GB works just fine.

You need to get a "4-flat" trailer connector harness. You'll only use 2 of the pins, but it fits just fine into the factory connector on the GB.

Run the red GB wire to + and a toggle. Black to ground.

DO NOT reverse the wires. The GB will go "pop" if you do. Hopefully you figure this out on the 1st one.. took me three smoked Goldboxes before my color-blind ass finally heard the pop and saw the smoke and the burn mark on the firewall..

Otherwise, you need + to the starter's "S" terminal to light it off.

Eventually you'll want to wire up the alternator, too.

I've never had a problem with a GB. I even ran one in my racer for a short while, until I smoked the #2 engine.. #3 was a Comer motor and came with a recurved points disty with Pertronix.. haven't looked back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.