Pirate 4x4 banner

NWBinders Round-up

1K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  DrMaserati 
#1 ·
So where are the stories and the pics...how was it?

#2 · (Edited)
Harvester of Sorrow said:
So where are the stories and the pics...how was it?
Personally, I had a great time, but worked my ass off!! I think we had almost 190 registered people, some with 2-3 trucks/tractors. Lots of good folks, fun and beer!

The trail ride was cut short by breakage!! Dan and I were supposed to be leading it, but sometime this weekend, something internally in the tranny (our new tranny) broke and it basically autodigested. Hopefully we will have it fixed this weekend. It was so bad we couldn't climb the hill to the trails. We took some easy trails first and I was riding in a guys lifted 80 with a 327/sm465. We came over a little rise in the trail and dropped the passenger side tire off the trail towards a little creek about10 feet down. We teetered there on two tires (front passenger and rear drivers) until they got the strap hooked up. We then proceded to a little man made rock pile and tried to punch as many Scouts through it as possible. A buddy of ours in a built Terra made it through, but he has done it a bunch of time. Rob Mauer (sp?) broke his transfer case adapter and his transfer case....split them. The Scout 80 from earier tore some e brake stuff off. Rusty was making a great run until the end where the big rocks are and got into a bad situation. I tried to help him out but he ended up blowing something in the front end, we think and axle. Our buddy Phil made a good run, but a little past where rusty was stuck he got twisted up really good and hung up really good. that lead to a fanned leaf pack, so it was fun with high lifts and hammers for a while. Rick (Binder) played tug boat and hauled the broke rigs off course. He did crawl most of it, of course making it look easy, but that why we invite him! :D :D .

All in all it was one great weekend, but I am dead tired still. Hope all the WA guys made it home okay, we'll see ya in a couple of weeks at Naches.

#4 ·
He did fine. He took an illegal by-pass on one of the trails, that kinda irratated me...1) cuz he didnt even try the section and 2) he didnt ask if it was cool. Our wheeling situation right now is kinda fragile down here, so by-pass use is a big no-no. But between you and me and the world, I'm glad he took the by-pass cuz the stock scout that went after him banged up his front fender a smidge. I would have felt really bad if 2 nice scout got dented on the run.

Rusty shot 2 rolls of film on the trip. Hopefully he doesnt post the pics he took of his weiner :p

#8 ·
Roundup was a good time. The place they found in Oregon to hold roundup is just about perfect.
The trail run was fun too. A little short due to breakage and the size of the group but that's OK. I had a long drive home and needed to get on my way anyhow. :)

#9 ·
Good time

I think we all had a pretty good time. I was left behind at first but........ I caught back up. I am sorry some of you broke your stuff and had to cut it short. I proceeded to wheel for a while longer and had fun but don't like to be runnin solo just in case. Maybe I can get one of you to post some pics for me. I have some good video too. If anyone wants a VCD of the video shoot me an email and I will see what I can do.
All in all it was a great weekend.

KZ

#11 ·
binderbound said:
(Carls gonna kill me!) :flipoff2: :p
Your right......I am :flipoff2:

But really who could blame a guy. Ken sister is pretty cool. She loves to wheel and in an International no less. Her brother is by far one of the most fun people to have in the forest with you and can put the timber tank just about anywhere he wants it. It's win win. Beside she could probably out wheel you!

Great, now Ken is probably going to kill both of us :eek:. :D :D

Carl

#12 ·
Fine, it was a good run, you guys broke, but

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!!!

What did you break Rusty?

Dan, you said your tranny was acting up, guess it was worse than we thought, I guess you probably have not torn into it yet.

I think, given my propensity for carnage, and no trailer, it is a REALLY good thing I didn't go... <chuckle>

#13 ·
Diesel Smoke said:
Your right......I am :flipoff2:

But really who could blame a guy. Ken sister is pretty cool. She loves to wheel and in an International no less. Her brother is by far one of the most fun people to have in the forest with you and can put the timber tank just about anywhere he wants it. It's win win. Beside she could probably out wheel you!

Great, now Ken is probably going to kill both of us :eek:. :D :D

Carl
Carl, you sound like you're kissin up. Keep it up and you're gonna make me :barf: :laughing:

#14 · (Edited)
IH Tonka Toy said:
Carl, you sound like you're kissin up. Keep it up and you're gonna make me :barf: :laughing:
You know maybe we should get back to tech, instead of this "Trying to piss off Ken, Ken Sister and Carl" Game all you tards have taken up!! Personally I would like to see some trailride pics, even if it one of Dan and I crying cause our tranny ate itself!! :flipoff2:

#18 ·
binderbound said:
Nice first post newb :flipoff2:

Now STFU and search/learn/read everything you can. Then you can interject your drivel.

Welcome Jeffie :flipoff2: ;)
I've actaully been lurking alot, finally ventured onto the board. Cool stuff on the Dodge section too. My 67 Power Wagon will end up on here too.

:evil: Beware of the quite ones! :flipoff2:

#19 ·
Wheelin' w/ sis

Smoke,
(503)313-4043 I think she would like a call! Invite her to go wheelin' she'll be yours forever! I have a quick video up on the BB of our wheelin trip, it's not great but the dvd will be!!!
My knee was pretty swollen on Mon but didn't really hurt too much (now I just wanna go again and again and....) A friend and I went fishing this last weekend and had to do some pretty cool wheelin just to get to the shore of the lake. We damn near rolled his pretty lil' Scout, but alas no pictures!
Carl feel free to call me or Kerry anytime!

Ken Z

#22 ·
woops!

So I always get her # wrong! Probly a good thing since it was on the net and all. I have made the appropriate phone calls and you should now have the proper #.
Sat huh? Yes I will try to make it! I am on my way out the door right now to do some wheelin' and I am wheelin' Sun in Wa somewhere also. Maybe this worker's Comp. thing isn't so bad afterall :p I have to go back to work next Mon night from 9pm to 5am for about 3 months until my knee is 100% so I gotta get in as much as possible.

Sorry I don't have good pics to share but maybe this will work
http://www.screenblast.com/tmbrtank/roundupteaser

Just a quick attempt at publishing vid to the net

Ken Z

What's this about Donner?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.