Pirate 4x4 banner

Digg-ity Dope!

4K views 44 replies 25 participants last post by  scoutkid 
#1 ·

If the sounds of EZ-E, NWA or 2-Live Crew are running in your mind ~

CURE IT by checking out the other photo's from the RMIHR 2004.

I just posted my pictures of the RMIHR on the RMB server. I didn't get a ton of pictures, but I was stuck behind a vendor's booth most of the weekend. Then I had to leave early Sunday due to some dehydration issues...

More at www.dandcextreme.com/club
Click on "PHOTOS" then on "RMIHR!"

See less See more
#28 ·
Maybe Im just too much of a city slicker, or maybe some of you guys have a little much BB in your systems :D :laughing: but I think that copper colored rig looks badass. Not for a wheeler, but for a daily driver, or urban rig with the built 500 it will leave those expeditions and escalades wondering what the fawk just dusted them. He dared to be different and I think he pulled it off pretty dam well. My only critique would be the rear wheel could be centered a bit better in the wheelwell. Sure beats the hell out of yet another stock restored SII.
Ive been working on the West side of Chicago the last couple of months, and 20 inch wheels are started to look normal to me these days :confused:

#31 ·
#32 ·
#34 ·
Urban Wheeler said:
Thanks for the pic. 4 cyl, I see, needs a "Jake Brake." :D Time to cruise over to the Cummins dealer with that photo, see what it is and what goes behind it.
Looks like a 3.9L 4BT. You can put lots of different trannys behind them, NV4500, SM465, among many others. Search in General 4x4 and the Land Cruiser forum, its a fairly popular engine as far as diesel repowers go. One rig that had one was an FJ55 buggy called Big Stinky.

BTW, what the hell do you need a jake brake for in a Scout?

#36 ·
I liked the Copper Scout, Maulis Jr. did a awsome job on it, the white Traveler with 20's was also really nice. The Cummins powered 1966 Scout 800 (The Spider) is powered buy a 4BT Cummins out of a Ford Chassis bread truck, i believe the tranny is a NP435, it has a WMS 203/205 Doubler in it, Chevy Duelly Dana 60 front and a 70 in the rear, its a really nice rig. Steve Grahams 1980 4BT powered Scout turned out really well, i got to drive it for a few miles when i was in Mesa a few months ago and its got lots of power, his has a NV4500 and a Atlas behind it.

#38 ·
The gold one is way cool! :grinpimp: But I agree, center that rear tire. For all the bucks into it, you would think that someone would have suggested it. :confused: Wheel size is fine, just doesn't quite look right (to me) without some agressive tires on 'em. Otherwise, It would look real cool slammed too. Or maybe those big off-road shocks with the air chamber in 'em. Saw them on a Ram featured on Trucks TV a couple of years ago. Lowered the truck 8" when they bled down. Propperly done, it could go from slammed look to tall look, all with those tires. Now that would be cool. :smokin:

What I want to build is a full tube frame Pro-Stock style Traveller. Saw a complete tub (with front clip and hardtop) sitting on the dirt at a buddies a while back, and that's when it struck me! Monster Mickey's tucked underneath & little skinnies up front, wheelie bars, paraschute, and a full house blown 401 on alky, with a 14-71 blower! (or the 528 Hemi, take your pick.) :grinpimp:

And that black one has me tinking aobut the outcome of my "restoration" of my Scout. It has that cool Feather decal kit on it, and after seeing the black one, it might get down a bit. It would look cool too. :D

#40 ·
cjanko said:
I believe it is this one , he won 1st in 76 to 80 Scout II at the Arizona show .

http://public.fotki.com/rlireland/my_international_scout/arizona_ih_rendezvo/dsc05314.html
The white Scout parked behind the copper is not the same one from the Arizona show. The Scout belongs to Arnold Avalos and was built by my brother Mike. The Scout so far has taken first place at the Tulare show and took five awards at the RMIHR including Best of Show, 1st place in show class, best plating, best engine, and I believe best interior. Congrats to Mike for building such an awesome rig.

I was lucky enough to score a 1st place with my Scout in the 76-80 Extreme class.

Jeff
________
Nexium lawsuit info

#41 ·
DamBigBuck said:
So he spent a ton of money to have it restored and the doors don't even shut right?? :rolleyes:

You should have let him drive it home ... it isn't going to break itself in by sitting in the garage... :flipoff2:

hey, you finish a truck the day before a show like that, and have every greasy fingered little kid opening and slamming the door and see how long YOUR door catches stay in place! we tightend it down shortly after :flipoff2:

i suggested MANY times to not put the 2.5" lift on, but thats how the owner wanted it. it IS still 4wd, so lowering isn't too much of an option, the guy lives in Aspen, a little snow there i hear... the rear wasn't centered because just in case of a big bump, that rear axle moves back, and crushing a quarter with that much money in paint isn't too fun. If it was airbagged or something, centering might have been an option for sure.

Maulis built rod's rod. rod made him keep it IH, which was a BITCH in the front end. but came out well.

like i said, i was there for pretty much the entire build, so if you have any more q's im all ears :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

#43 ·
I saw the copper one running around the fair grounds. Looked like it rode a little harsh for a show truck. I bet he gets tired of driving it real quick. When I saw it I remember thinking it would look a lot better with either a chrome or black grille. How much did Maulis get for the job and who did the body work/paint?

I have some great pictures of Alavos' Scout. Mike did a great job.

#44 ·
ihojeff said:
The white Scout parked behind the copper is not the same one from the Arizona show. The Scout belongs to Arnold Avalos and was built by my brother Mike. The Scout so far has taken first place at the Tulare show and took five awards at the RMIHR including Best of Show, 1st place in show class, best plating, best engine, and I believe best interior. Congrats to Mike for building such an awesome rig.

I was lucky enough to score a 1st place with my Scout in the 76-80 Extreme class.

Jeff
They looked the same to me and the Scout was from Colorado so I assumed .
I missed the obvious white flares on one and black flares on the other . :confused:

#45 ·
the white truck has a custom stainless dash with round gages. maulis doesn't really like the 'look' of round gages in a scout, and since he has endless piles of new gages, he just uses stock ones. They all work, so thats nice.

Mikes white truck on the other hand, has a BADASS stainless dash they sell, for a decent price I think, and it looked really good, about 30 rocker switches on its it seemed. :flipoff2:

Maulis' truck came in at about 26K, while Mike's was about 65k he told me. Big difference, LOTS of custom bumper and slider work on Mikes, plus EVERYTHING was powdercoated, even the fan shroud! The door locks and everything! Looked REALLY sharp! Little stuff like that adds up. He had the seats redone in leather, with ScoutII embroidered on them, and a big IH on the back seat, pretty cool.

Maulis had the recaros like i said, and matching rear seat upholstry, black carpet.

Castle Rock Auto Body does all maulis' paint work, they, oddly enough, do a FANTASTIC job, i know the name of the guys that do his paint. Im taking them my SSII soon to get the paint laid down. They did the paint on the Travler with 20's, and his torreador red SSII as well.

The guys travler is set up with the same suspension and he drives it daily, im sure the brand new leaves and stuff just aren't worked in yet. plus, its a show truck, whattdaya expect :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.